Icleos
+101|6712
I'm not 100% sure if all the points are accurate but this is what you should be seeing...

<snip>

Please see UBAR for the rank requirements.

Last edited by NM156 (2006-02-14 21:49:45)

JimmyFo
+1|6686
I don't know whether to be pumped or not. I suppose it really doesn't make a diff, but...
ComradeWho
+50|6665|Southern California
i don't know if it's accurate either but at bf2player when you click on a high ranked person who's patched it seems to indicate that brigadier general starts at 1,000,000 points
here's teflon sean's stats.
http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page … t=43383816
x0pht
+0|6708
we've seen these.

but this sux, i'll never be able to experience SMOTC and 2nd Lt. which i had been spent months working on.
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6618|Under the River
Sounds cool now that im only 10000 points away from the next rank
AD_Kensan
+7|6755
I haven't seen anybody higher than Colonel. There seems to be some other requirement for Brigade General that nobody that has installed the patch has fullfilled so far...

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2006-02-14 16:34:04)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
BF2s.com = the shiznit
All others = pretenders

Code:

0 Private                           0
 1 Private First Class            150
 2 Lance Corporal                 500 (Private First Class)
 3 Corporal                       800 (Lance Corporal)
 4 Sergeant                     2,500 (Sergeant)
 5 Staff Sergeant               5,000 (Staff Sgt)
 6 Gunnery Sergeant             8,000 (Gunnery Sgt)
 7 Master Sergeant             20,000 (Master Sgt)
 8 First Sergeant              20,000 (Gunnery Sgt
                                       W/BASIC Knife, Pistol,
                                       Assault, AT, 
                                       Sniper, Specop,
                                       Support, Eng, Medic)

9 Master Gunnery Sergeant     50,000 (Either Master Sgt or First Sgt)
10 Sergeant Major              50,000 (Either Master Sgt or First Sgt,
                                       W/BASIC Armor, Transport, Helicopter,
                                       Aviator, Air Defense, Ground Defense)
11 Sergeant Major of the Corps 50,000 (Not obtainable from game)

12 2nd Lieutenant              60,000 (Either Master Gunnery Sgt, Sgt Major, 
                                       or Sgt Major of the Corps)
13 1st Lieutenant              75,000 (2nd Lieutenant)
14 Captain                     90,000 (1st Lieutenant)
15 Major                      115,000 (Captain)
16 Lieutenant Colonel         125,000 (Major)
17 Colonel                    150,000 (Lieutenant Colonel)
18 Brigadier General          180,000 (Colonel
                                       W/EXPERT Armor, Transport, Helicopter,
                                       Aviator, Air Defense, Ground Defense)
19 Major General              180,000 (Brigadier General
                                       W/EXPERT Knife, Pistol, Assault, AT, 
                                       Sniper, Specop, Support, Eng, Medic)
20 Lieutenant General         200,000 (Major General)
21 General                    200,000 (Lieutenant General, Not obtainable from game)
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6696
ya, i think that would be 'All Expert Vechale (Cant Spell that) Badges"....... but its stange......would have thought the people with 200000+ would have Lt. General, Even If they dont have prerequesits for advanced badge.....
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6700|Beerville, USA
Don't think 40K for Sergeant Major is correct... I've patched and played 3 rounds and have 42K+ and no promotion as of yet... guess we'll see later tonight..

opps NM posted actual's, guess I was correct in my assumption though...

Last edited by Husker~ifh~ (2006-02-14 16:44:11)

Havazn
+39|6664|van.ca
In the other rank posts (which I cant find) there was mention of vehicle badges needing to be obtained. As you can see, Brigadier General and Major General have the same point reqs, as well as Lt. Gen and General. So obviously there are other criteria that needs to be met

ehm yes..NM posted before mine went up.

Last edited by Havazn (2006-02-14 16:46:34)

Crosell
+0|6641
I thought it was 45k for sergant major. Cause I'm at 40k and no uprank.
MotherGoose
+0|6778

timeinfinite wrote:

ya, i think that would be 'All Expert Vechale (Cant Spell that) Badges"....... but its stange......would have thought the people with 200000+ would have Lt. General, Even If they dont have prerequesits for advanced badge.....
I don't think so - I say tough luck to those who have surpassed 200,000+ and don't have the updated ranks. Colonel's all you're ever gonna be.

You need to have these badges WHEN you hit the requirements.  Just like First Seargeant.  No Knife or Pistol badge, and + 20,000?  Too bad.  We've seen it before.  So the next person who hits 180,000 with ALL those requirements, good on them!
ComradeWho

MotherGoose wrote:

timeinfinite wrote:

I don't think so - I say tough luck to those who have surpassed 200,000+ and don't have the updated ranks. Colonel's all you're ever gonna be.
they will be colonels until they meet the minimum requirements for brigadier general, and even if they get a billion points they won't be promoted until they meet the minimum requirements for major general... and even though lieutenant general doesn't have special badge requirements you can't move up until you get major general
all promotions have the prerequisite of having obtained the rank below it

colonel and brigadier general and major general and lieutenant general are not equal grades like first sergeant and master sergeant are, so those people aren't stuck at any rank.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas

ComradeWho wrote:

they will be colonels until they meet the minimum requirements for brigadier general, and even if they get a billion points they won't be promoted until they meet the minimum requirements for major general... and even though lieutenant general doesn't have special badge requirements you can't move up until you get major general
all promotions have the prerequisite of having obtained the rank below it

colonel and brigadier general and major general and lieutenant general are not equal grades like first sergeant and master sergeant are, so those people aren't stuck at any rank.
This is 100% correct.
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6641
i want my sgt mjr of corps
ComradeWho
Oh I also want to confirm the numbers posted by NM156 as probably accurate.

I am a master sergeant with 45,200 points and I haven't been promoted in three servers I've played in since I patched earlier today. This either means there's some crazy delay that's only being applied to me (unlikely) or that contrary to the information previously released the requirements for Sergeant Major are the same (more likely).

This would make sense since the information treated Sergeant Major of the Corps as a rank attainable by points (when people who know about ranking know that EA assigns this rank to one person at a time), and since most of the people who claimed the rank requirement was lowered didn't seem to understand that what so ever.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas

wrath2210 wrote:

i want my sgt mjr of corps
Can't have it!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas

ComradeWho wrote:

Oh I also want to confirm the numbers posted by NM156 as probably accurate.
They are 100% accurate. Just trust me.
rombaft
+0|6694|belgium
there is something not right on it, all top players are still colonel, and even some guys have all expert badges for infantry incl knife and pistel, still they are colonel
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6628| United States of America
that meand Firestorm is going up like 3 rankes
Havazn
+39|6664|van.ca
Damn, to get Brigadier General in the first place is gonna be hella tough. The reqs for the vehicle badges are quite high to begin with. I would have expected these reqs to be for General or Lt. General.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas

rombaft wrote:

there is something not right on it, all top players are still colonel, and even some guys have all expert badges for infantry incl knife and pistel, still they are colonel

tvmissleman wrote:

that meand Firestorm is going up like 3 rankes
No they/he won't. They're missing all the Expert Badge requirements.
ComradeWho

rombaft wrote:

From NM's post:

Point Requirements: 180,000     
Other Requirements: Colonel W/EXPERT Armor, Transport, Helicopter, Aviator, Air Defense, Ground Defense
ComradeWho
hey NM why don't you just make a decisive thread about 1.2 ranks and include an explaination of what the rank of Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps is since the previously leaked information has seemed to confuse a lot of people about that rank as well
AD_Kensan
+7|6755

NM156 wrote:

BF2s.com = the shiznit
So true. We bow before you for you are root Thanks for the info.

A different question: Do you happen to know if requirements for badges have changed? To get all Vehicle badges on Expert would take an awfull lot of time...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard