.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone
^^he's right...
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6424|Finland

q:  Where do you think they put the absolutely cheapest memory?
a:  In slowest cards. 
conclusion: It would be better to use less memory that is faster than lots of memory that is slow.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
.Sup
be nice

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

conclusion: It would be better to use less memory that is faster than lots of memory that is slow.
Maybe this works in gfx cards but its the opposite with system memory. Capacity>speed.
CrazeD
+368|6682|Maine

.Sup wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Maybe this works in gfx cards but its the opposite with system memory. Capacity>speed.
Wrong...

So long as you have a sufficient amount, capacity no longer matters. If you do not use more than 2GB of RAM ever, then 8GB is going to make no difference. However in that situation, faster RAM would make a difference.
.Sup
be nice

CrazeD wrote:

.Sup wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Wrong...

So long as you have a sufficient amount, capacity no longer matters. If you do not use more than 2GB of RAM ever, then 8GB is going to make no difference. However in that situation, faster RAM would make a difference.
Maybe i should have been more accurate with my statement. 2 gigs and less- amount wins over speed.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

Steel wrote:

couldn't resist showing your Führership could you Zimmer, ok, my card is not on your Toms list, however I only wished BTalon333 good luck on his build and pointed out its a never ending journey, for me anyhow. So thanks for your feedback to my, answer?
Nope, I just showed you your ignorance for this.
xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6381|Netherlands tbh

.Sup wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Wrong...

Maybe i should have been more accurate with my statement. 2 gigs and less- amount wins over speed.
Wrong again. Speed and capacity are both very important.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6158|'straya

xGj wrote:

.Sup wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Wrong...

Final word. buy fast memory and lots of it!
.Sup
be nice

xGj wrote:

.Sup wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Wrong...

Ofc they are both important but 2 gigs of ddr memory beats 1gig ddr3. Wrong again? I don't think so.
dankassasin42o
+68|6688|Reefersyde, CA
i love the way noobs talk like they know about computers, yet none of you have studied them,  yet you call me the noob.

My certs are A+, MCP, MSCE 2000, 2000 security, MSCE 2003, 2003 Security, and CISSP

Yet I lied about Intel.........   so you think
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6333|New Haven, CT
Yeah, well I touched one.

So I am like so much better at them than you are.

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

My brother's old PC struggled to run BF2 on Medium (1280 x 1040) and it had 8500 GT, which i think was heavily OC'd.
I dropped mine to all low when I had an 8500GT, and still had only decent framerates.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-01-30 01:06:31)

dankassasin42o
+68|6688|Reefersyde, CA

nukchebi0 wrote:

Yeah, well I touched one.

So I am like so much better at them than you are.
Ive worked on computers you could only dream to afford.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard