|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6424|NL-NH-DH
Okay here is the thing, new pc new card all new, what settings do you use and what card and RAM do you have, oh and what monitor/panel you got? I would like to hear some settings because I have to fine tune mine

These are the specs:
Intel Quad Core Viiv 2.4Ghz
3GB Ram
8800GT NVidia 512mb
22" Flat (2ms)

If u have suggestions tell me, because i don't have them

edit: spelling

Last edited by aTiLLa_NL (2008-01-25 06:03:18)

Acme1234
+62|6111|Melbourne, Australia
Intel Core2Duo E6600 OC'd to 3.0GHz
4GB ram, Corsair 667
eVGA 8800GT KO 512mb
ASUS P5B motherboard
19" BenQ LCD, 8ms

Running BF2 at 1280x1024, everything high, except for lighting and shadows which are all on low or off, and no AA.

If your running a 22" LCD, you may wish to download and try out WideScreenFixer, which will give you a nicer correct aspect to the view, instead of that stretched look with the -x -y resolution commands.

http://www.imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer/

Last edited by Acme1234 (2008-01-25 06:10:55)

|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6424|NL-NH-DH
Yes I was thinking of that, it plays okay this way but if it can be better ...
But do i get those black blocks on the side? To make it 4:3?

And why do you have lightning and shadows off or low? And what does AA do?

Sry I'm not so good in terms, and my english spelling isnt't that good also.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6524
turn aa to 4x and turn shadows and dynamic light either off or low (whatever the lowest setting is). everything else high
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

ig wrote:

turn aa to 4x and turn shadows and dynamic light either off or low (whatever the lowest setting is). everything else high
Why do they need to be turned off?
hintakaari
+113|5940
if u put lightings and shadows low - off - low u dont have any shadows at all, so u see better! no one can hide in shadows
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

Dont mean to hijcak but what are the best settings for seeing long distances, I just put everything on high and AA at 8x. But the amount of times ive just seen bullets come towards me from AA's while in the heli on maps but i cant see the AA.
Safrguns
+105|6132

Ec0li wrote:

Dont mean to hijcak but what are the best settings for seeing long distances, I just put everything on high and AA at 8x. But the amount of times ive just seen bullets come towards me from AA's while in the heli on maps but i cant see the AA.
The only thing i can think of that would explain this is that your draw distance is less than 100%
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6001|London ㋛

Safrguns wrote:

Ec0li wrote:

The only thing i can think of that would explain this is that your draw distance is less than 100%
Nah, it's on 100%, i dunno, maybe i shouldn't able to see them, normally it's like 250 meters away plus im at about 200 meters altitude. so i dunno? But i do have a widescreen and got my settings to take up the whole screen, so im probably not getting the full affect i should get, ill get back to you with what the settings are, i dunno if that would change anything though.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6424|NL-NH-DH

hintakaari wrote:

if u put lightings and shadows low - off - low u dont have any shadows at all, so u see better! no one can hide in shadows
hmm okay I see, and what must i do with AA? What does AA do actually?
BRiiNDED
+137|6126

Acme1234 wrote:

4GB ram, Corsair 667
eVGA 8800GT KO 512mb
ASUS P5B motherboard
19" BenQ LCD, 8ms

Running BF2 at 1280x1024, everything high, except for lighting and shadows which are all on low or off, and no AA.

If your running a 22" LCD, you may wish to download and try out WideScreenFixer, which will give you a nicer correct aspect to the view, instead of that stretched look with the -x -y resolution commands.

sorry mate but why download something when you can just change the properties?

right click a bf2 shortcut icon ... go to properties -- compatibility ... and do this... BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 but change the numbers to your screen resolution.. it worked for me

only do it if you now how to do it or have read about it

heres a link which explains it all

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fo … php?t=1030

hope it helps saves downloading
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6558|Scotland

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

hintakaari wrote:

AA is anti-aliasing. It renders the edges of the objects in the game to appear more smooth, instead of jagged edges.

The higher setting you put it at, the more work your graphics card has to do .
Acme1234
+62|6111|Melbourne, Australia

Death_Brinded_Pro wrote:

Acme1234 wrote:

4GB ram, Corsair 667
eVGA 8800GT KO 512mb
ASUS P5B motherboard
19" BenQ LCD, 8ms

sorry mate but why download something when you can just change the properties?

right click a bf2 shortcut icon ... go to properties -- compatibility ... and do this... BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 but change the numbers to your screen resolution.. it worked for me

only do it if you now how to do it or have read about it

heres a link which explains it all

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fo … php?t=1030

hope it helps saves downloading
Have you actually read that thread you linked to, and how the command line properties, still does not make the aspect ratio look right, and your losing viewing area.

Whereas, the guy who makes the 5th post down, explains it all, and shows comparison screenshots.

Do your homework, mate.
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6424|NL-NH-DH

ddenholm67 wrote:

aTiLLa_NL wrote:

hintakaari wrote:

AA is anti-aliasing. It renders the edges of the objects in the game to appear more smooth, instead of jagged edges.

The higher setting you put it at, the more work your graphics card has to do .
Okay i see thank you, so I'm going to try it out on 4x and 8x then i'll see for myself, but i think my card can handle it right? 512mb 8800GT
And for the widescreen thingy, i didn't dowloaded it yet because i actually play better like this then on 4:3, at least so say my scores

thanks for the tips

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard