polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6794|Singapore

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Have you played on the patch yet? or are you talking about the video?
Both. Tried the patch on a friend's comp. SP only though.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6706|MoVal So-Cal
lol jet whores are whining because they cant rape the game anymore, chopper whores are bitchig because they cant base rape. I love it, welcome to real life where missles chase you till the end of the earth
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6672

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

yes, and it's absolutely TOO good. Air to air takes no skill now, ground to air takes no skill. It's point and click... no, wait, I'm sorry, don't have to point. just click blindly and chances are you'll kill something. BULLSHIT.
Dice has not balanced the game, but completely unbalanced it the opposite way. Though I am working on finding a way to get away from the missles, and I've almsot gotten it I think, it's still too good. But I am glad they weakend the missles(takes three[3] to take a jet) but it wasn't enough. Especialy on the Carrier... 2 essex guns, (6?) missles on each. You will NOT get anywhere near it alive.
This is very good. Allows to turn the tides when the carrier is being bombarded. Some K : D ratios gonna get hurt I bet.
What about the legit pilots who were in it for the dogfighting? or the pilots who liked to bomb those tanks that you poor infantrymen are pinned down by and call out over and over? Sorry, Dice nerfed your air support. your KDRs will go down aswell.
Funny thing is that I never depended on air support to take down armor.  AT, C4, and TOW's works wonders.  Bombers will just have to learn to attack properly, via TV missiles.  Fighters will stick to dogfights.  Spec Ops will finally spend more time blowing up assets  and hard targets rather than ground pounders.  Snipers wil now be critical to winning the game.  Pure teamwork, instead of a single pilot getting the Gold all the time.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6693
Good that will teach all you pussy jet fags now you'll have to actually fight on ground bahaha and theres where i will be killing you.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6694

Pernicious544 wrote:

lol jet whores are whining because they cant rape the game anymore, chopper whores are bitchig because they cant base rape. I love it, welcome to real life where missles chase you till the end of the earth
i love it how dice and ea pay attention to noobs like you to change the game even though you havent played the game long enough to even learn the basics or to even be considered ok.
number901
+1|6680|uk
ive just been playing with the new  AA and a good pilot (A GOOD PILOT) can still nutralize the AA
.nsm
+-1|6652|Hackland
I love how most people in this thread judge all pilots because of some bad expierences with pilots in it for the points. It's laughable.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6838

polarbearz wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Have you played on the patch yet? or are you talking about the video?
Both. Tried the patch on a friend's comp. SP only though.
my edit:
If you have played the patch, and you've flown. you'd know that it isn't a "beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" lock anymore... it soudns more like a "beepbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"*dead*

not part of the edit:
^^ that means, you don't really have time to shoot the emplacements before they lock. usually people don't ahve to lock anymore.. just fire unlocked missles in your general direction and they'll find you.
the only way to do it is to memorize exactly where they are and shoot them before you can see them/they cna see you.
jjrp02
+18|6652|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
it seems to me that the only people complaining about the new aa are the ones who like the aircraft...and cringe at the thought of.... <GASP> ....using a GUN to get a kill
Esker
+1|6732
Well according to some cunt on here, if you can't fly jets you have no skill in BF2 and should play another game because BF2 is obviously a flight sim and only noobs would dream of actually ground pounding.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6694
dude the infantry sucks ass too. its about who can go prone faster and shoot the other guy. boring. dolphin diving and c4 chucking was fun because there wasnt just one way to get a kill infantry wise. it wasnt boring. now its the same thing over and over and i bet it will get boring fast for everyone.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6694

Esker wrote:

Well according to some cunt on here, if you can't fly jets you have no skill in BF2 and should play another game because BF2 is obviously a flight sim and only noobs would dream of actually ground pounding.
see dude i apologized for cursing and my immaturity, but look at this bitch. and i never said its all bout just using jets dumb shit, learn how to use the fucking aa as well you dumb bitch.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6838

Ilocano wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

This is very good. Allows to turn the tides when the carrier is being bombarded. Some K : D ratios gonna get hurt I bet.
What about the legit pilots who were in it for the dogfighting? or the pilots who liked to bomb those tanks that you poor infantrymen are pinned down by and call out over and over? Sorry, Dice nerfed your air support. your KDRs will go down aswell.
Funny thing is that I never depended on air support to take down armor.  AT, C4, and TOW's works wonders.  Bombers will just have to learn to attack properly, via TV missiles.  Fighters will stick to dogfights.  Spec Ops will finally spend more time blowing up assets  and hard targets rather than ground pounders.  Snipers wil now be critical to winning the game.  Pure teamwork, instead of a single pilot getting the Gold all the time.
The real funny thing is, you have no idea what you're talking about.
A few comments:
AT is now slowly becoming the new noobtube, nobody uses it for armor anymore.
C4 is found useless to people now because they can't throw it like a grenade.
TOWs? Oh yeah, that seat made for commanders... or was it made for sniping infantry.
Bombers and TV missles? is this new?
Dogfights? wtf. no such thing anymore.
Teamwork will definitely win golds. knife, revive, knife revive, knife revive.... pistol, revive, pistol, revive, pistol revive... That's probably the most teamwork I see in BF2. Props, stat padders.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-02-14 10:37:46)

4lter_3go
+1|6751|Leighton Barracks, Germany

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Have you guys ever thought that maybe "Oh man, this AA is taking something away from these guys that they like to do" if i remember correctly from a developer interview "....there will be vehicles for everyone, from tanks to jets, so if someone wants to fly they can....complete freedom to choose...."

I enjoy flying, by no means do I "whore." I don't constantly bomb runways, or do that kind of crap. I enjoy flying, dogfighting, bombing a spotted tank and getting a "thanks, I owe you one" message from three guys that were pinned down. Now I can't even help my team without getting bombarded with missles that I can't dodge, or in any way defend myself against. It is utter bullshit how good they made these missles.
You infantrymen can defend yourselves against jets, or atleast take evasive meneuvers.
1) learn how to use the AA (yes, pre 1.2 patch it was very much possible to kill jets if you know how.)
2) learn how to get in a jet(play smart and know when and when NOT to get in that jet) and shoot down a plane  really fuckin hard to do?
3) hide in a building   again, really fuckin hard to do?
4) Don't keep going to the same spot waiting for a tank/helo/jet. your own dumbass fault for being the easy target

If you start to say either [1]-"how about you learn how to evade the AA missles" or [2]- "pre 1.2 patch, jets took away what I like to do, infantry"

[1]-Well first of all, I am trying to learn how to evade the new AA missles, and so far, it seems nearly unbeatable.. a few lucky times you can dodge one missle but it finds it's way back to you.
[2]-and then, Jets did no such thing. Jets weren't all over the map. AA emplacements are. You can hide in buildings. Jets can't hide behind anything but the fog, but rogue missles will pierce that fog and find your ass. if you find it too hard to hid in buildings, don't play a map with air power. Jet pilots play maps with air power because they fly. Infantry play citymaps because it's mostly infantry based. Simple as that. No Jets have nowhere to roam. Thanks.
Respect

Last edited by 4lter_3go (2006-02-14 10:40:03)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6838

Esker wrote:

Alright, there were maps made with jets for a reason. not so they can get shot down by AA, btu so people who liek flying could *GASP* FLY! OH NOES CRIME!
If you don't like it, I point you to my other post "there are citymaps for infantry"
Esker
+1|6732
The way you talk I expected you to have a superb K/D ratio in AA and a large amount of kills with it...
jjrp02
+18|6652|Baton Rouge, LA, USA

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

dude the infantry sucks ass too. its about who can go prone faster and shoot the other guy. boring. dolphin diving and c4 chucking was fun because there wasnt just one way to get a kill infantry wise. it wasnt boring. now its the same thing over and over and i bet it will get boring fast for everyone.
i didn't mind a little dolphin diving to say get out of the way of a tank blast.....

but when people used it like bunny hopping looking like sea world and all that...that's when I say it sucks

c4 whoring is just another way of saying "look at me...you can't shoot me coz I'm a bunny hopping little bitch...now we're all gonna die coz I got c4...BOOOM bitches ha ha we're all dead"
luckybaer
+10|6780| Going Feral

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

Going prone is really only useful for support guys because you need to do something to minimize recoil.  If another class goes prone, I think it is easier to kill them because almost all my shots at them will end up being headshots.  Sometimes, I can even kill a support guy in prone when I just hop to my left or right, land, and shoot.  At least with the G36E.  I had a .55 k/d ratio with the assault rifles before I unlocked the G36E.  It has helped me out a lot.  Plus, I think I've gotten a little better as infantry lately.

I don't think things will get boring.  I think playing as a team and in squads makes the game really fun.  My best rounds have come as part of a good squad - either in the Blackhawk, or by driving from one location to another.  Sometimes we'd be pwn'd by jets, helos, or arty, but them's the breaks.

Again, you may find yourself being pwn'd more than before for a while, but you seem like a good pilot, so I'm sure you'll adjust and create havoc like before.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6694
all the k/d ratio was from previous patches. then they weren't usable. all the kills ive gotten were from 1.12. and id have more but i have skills in a jet as well so i dont need aa to shoot down aerial objects.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6838

jjrp02 wrote:

it seems to me that the only people complaining about the new aa are the ones who like the aircraft...and cringe at the thought of.... <GASP> ....using a GUN to get a kill
I play my fair share of infantry, thanks. and sure, I'm not awesome at it, but I keep above a 1.00 KDR most of the time. If there is air power in a map in the rotation, you can bet your arse I'll hop in that jet. What's so bad about that? But now, I can't even enjoy flying a jet.
Esker
+1|6732

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Esker wrote:

Alright, there were maps made with jets for a reason. not so they can get shot down by AA, btu so people who liek flying could *GASP* FLY! OH NOES CRIME!
If you don't like it, I point you to my other post "there are citymaps for infantry"
Nothin wrong with flying, but the guys on the ground should be able to have some kind of defense against the guys in the air.

Is that a crime?

According to you lot, yes...
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6694
oh and its actually fun to dogfight. you should take the time to learn to get good at a jet and try it sometime instead of bitching about jets being too powerful. the game is balanced, its just the skill thats not balanced.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6672

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

learn how to fly a fucking jet or helo and own the other jets and helos back. stop sticking to infantry only and learn aerial stuff as well. if your gonna only use infantry then take your bitch ass over to counter strike or some other infantry based game bitch
You should also learn how to use more than the C4 as infantry...
.nsm
+-1|6652|Hackland

Esker wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Esker wrote:

Nothin wrong with flying, but the guys on the ground should be able to have some kind of defense against the guys in the air.

Is that a crime?

According to you lot, yes...
Do you not read? Yes, we want you to have your defense, just not so it's fucking impossible for us.
Mainwaring45
+0|6656
Well, I haven't played with the new patch yet but I'm glad to hear that planewhore's won't get it all their own way now.  I daresay that if the AA really is TOO good, it'll get tweaked down in a future patch.  Meanwhile, welcome back to earth

Stand easy,
Mainwaring

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard