polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Look at how fucking precise the missiles are.

Are air to air locks the same? That will be the BE ALL and END ALL of dogfighting

Last edited by polarbearz (2006-02-14 08:26:51)

delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6722
Good thing, Now there will be a new class Stinger and Igla Whoring finaly revenge :-)
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
yes, and it's absolutely TOO good. Air to air takes no skill now, ground to air takes no skill. It's point and click... no, wait, I'm sorry, don't have to point. just click blindly and chances are you'll kill something. BULLSHIT.
Dice has not balanced the game, but completely unbalanced it the opposite way. Though I am working on finding a way to get away from the missles, and I've almsot gotten it I think, it's still too good. But I am glad they weakend the missles(takes three[3] to take a jet) but it wasn't enough. Especialy on the Carrier... 2 essex guns, (6?) missles on each. You will NOT get anywhere near it alive.
Rathji
+1|6653
I was on a server last night (Ghost town)and when enemy choppers were in there air there was always 1 or 2 people hanging around the AA launcher. I also thought I saw a couple new AA missle batteries in a couple places that I didnt notice before, although I don't often go to some areas of the map. so I might have just missed them before.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

yes, and it's absolutely TOO good. Air to air takes no skill now, ground to air takes no skill. It's point and click... no, wait, I'm sorry, don't have to point. just click blindly and chances are you'll kill something. BULLSHIT.
Dice has not balanced the game, but completely unbalanced it the opposite way. Though I am working on finding a way to get away from the missles, and I've almsot gotten it I think, it's still too good. But I am glad they weakend the missles(takes three[3] to take a jet) but it wasn't enough. Especialy on the Carrier... 2 essex guns, (6?) missles on each. You will NOT get anywhere near it alive.
A bit more realistic,  Nowadays, enemy airplanes don't get anywhere near a carrier without being chewed up and spit out.  Exocet and Penguin AS missles are used to counter that, but ingame I believe the TV missle to be the answer if you want to rape the carrier alittle bit.  Have the chopper take out the essex emplacements then bomb it with the planes.
.zerOKilled.[ITA]
+0|6814
it's exaggerated
air vehicle are useless now...
psychotoxic187
+11|6679

Kung Jew wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

A bit more realistic,  Nowadays, enemy airplanes don't get anywhere near a carrier without being chewed up and spit out.  Exocet and Penguin AS missles are used to counter that, but ingame I believe the TV missle to be the answer if you want to rape the carrier alittle bit.  Have the chopper take out the essex emplacements then bomb it with the planes.
Problem is, this game is not meant to be realistic. If it were, the M95 would blow body parts off, and destroy jeeps.
Jock3h^
+0|6686|Greenock (SCO)
i have 1 thing to say

WHOOO HOOOO
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

.zerOKilled.[ITA] wrote:

it's exaggerated
air vehicle are useless now...
Ahahahahahahaha... get your boots on the ground bitches.
trog
+0|6638
perhaps now it's more of a need to have ground troops move in and clear the stingers.. instead of bomberwhorin up the entire map. I hear that new sniper rifle should do pretty good on it. Also, with the IGLA/Stinger whores, I smell defib/knife kills incoming like a champ.

make no mistake, I LOVE bombing.. but if the AA is that intense, method and angle of attack will absolutely have to change.
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6623
wow...that is so ghey....guess its back to ground pound for me....
MartinPocrezze
+-3|6649
oh yeah i like it
4lter_3go
+1|6716|Leighton Barracks, Germany
so the flares dont do a damn thing   effective counter-measure my ass. this is gonna piss me off. no i am pissed off, either way i know how to use armor, so i have something to fall back on. spawn campin 4TW

Last edited by 4lter_3go (2006-02-14 08:50:20)

Erkut.hv
+124|6705|California
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take out the AA batteries first. Use teamwork and have your ground pounders take out AA installations before you fly in bombs-away.

Lol, the game gets balanced and the plane whores are crying in droves. Looks like you might have to mix up your game a little. maybe get a little dirt on them boots.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Erkut.hv wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take out the AA batteries first. Use teamwork and have your ground pounders take out AA installations before you fly in bombs-away.

Lol, the game gets balanced and the plane whores are crying in droves. Looks like you might have to mix up your game a little. maybe get a little dirt on them boots.
Bwahahahahahaa....I can't rape the carrier anymore....whaaaaaaaaaa
-=THC_RU=-
+0|6678
in real life u cannot shoot down a plane like that, if u could, then no one would fly them

and regarding skill: it takes a lot of skill to be in the air and to kill others, now every n00b will be sitting in stingers and shooting and getting medals like crazy.

Thank you for making this game VERY unbalanced
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

in real life u cannot shoot down a plane like that, if u could, then no one would fly them

and regarding skill: it takes a lot of skill to be in the air and to kill others, now every n00b will be sitting in stingers and shooting and getting medals like crazy.

Thank you for making this game VERY unbalanced
You are some special kind of stupid.  In "real" life, as you pointed out, you couldn't fly jets like that, so STFU and grab a weapon.....aim.....breathe.....relax....squeeze...headshot FTW.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6757|Hanging onto the UAV
lol @ the pilots coming out the woodwork and crying.

Change your tactics. Maybe try some teamwork with an armour column and have them take out the AA before you get there...
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6664|San Francisco
About farkin' time.  The AA guns right now just suck, plain and simple.  Those of us who don't fly and are concerned about protecting the forces on the ground now have a viable way of fighting back against the really good pilots.
I mean, before the patch, all you could do was wait for the chaff to fall, lock on to the plane, and then attempt to shoot down the plane by leading, two clicks, and whooooooole lotta hope.  Or just stare up at the plane and shoot it with a pistol until the bombs land...
cohen1976
+14|6737
all  ican say is i played kubra dam with the new patch today and it suxs ass.
soon as u rise up and get over the first hil with the chopper u hear the locks on u, beep beep beep dead
its just freaking impossible. futher i noticed that while having no air force on both sides destroys the fun.
almost none of the flags where taken cuz some tank whores with suplies keep defending some flags.

and yes its just as easy to shoot an enemy jet. one time i got shot before i even heard the lock on tone.
once i was behind one i shot it down even while he tried to dodge them. just forget it

lock on is dead
Esker
+1|6697
Watch where the flares go before saying "OMFG THEY DON'T WORK" The AA missle will go to the nearest heat source, in this case the jet because the flares went flying in the opposite direction to where the missle came from, You know how it works when you're in AA yourself, if a friendly jet is closer it'll go straight for that rather than the enemy one.

Oh and unlucky that you might actually need more skill to evade being destroyed by AA... It's such a shame isn't it?

At least now I won't have to constantly need to use TOW's to take out Heli's... Even though it really is quite amusing listening to the accusations of "HACKING" when you do heh.

Last edited by Esker (2006-02-14 09:05:02)

LSD_Wash
+64|6783
I've never been so pleased to hear so much whining...  FINALLY!!!  The AA is actually more than a prop!
Mookie007
+0|6617
I have the patch, but I dont know if I will install, my graphics card is suspect and I'm reading reports of lag that some are blaming on their cards.

I saw someone say that now the only ones who will be flying are the good pilots, I really hope he's right. As long as I dont ever have to look up and see a chopper whirling around and around in circle after circle over a SS. (I could just imagine the gimp on the other end of the net with his big toe holding his joystick to the right while he works the mouse with one hand and masturbates like a retarded goat with the other). I never bothered to learn how to fly in BF2 out of fear I'd end up as one of them....but I digress...

I guess what I'm saying is kudos to those who see the AA changes as a challenge and embrace that challenge and "NEENER-NEENER-BITE-MY-WEENER" to those who are crying about it. Let them see how the other half live.

As for what I'm hearing about the other changes, you mean I dont have to watch helplessly as some 1/3 rabbit, 1/3 dolphin, 1/3 man bounds around me and then either throws c4 at me from 6 miles away, or lobs a nade at my feet from 2 ft. away? and then after the 5000000000th kill when I mention he -might- be a gimp he tells me to stop hating because he is better than me???....no more?....all gone??......yay?
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6624|Los Angeles, CA
Wow, nice finally new chopper challenges. Time to improve my manuevering with the apache

GG EA, the new AA is awesome

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard