Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories … -20287121/

After reading that story I seriously lol'ed at all the Al Gorians worshippers. The world's most stubborn glacier
Stimey
­
+786|6128|Ontario | Canada
Were staring an ice age in 2010.
Who cares if it gets warmer then?
­
­
­
­
­
­
PureFodder
+225|6293
"For while the rest of the world's ice masses are in retreat, this one is constantly replenishing itself."
So this article fully supports global warming.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6614|Stockholm, Sweden
This is one Glacier that is not melting, and you're saying this should be proof that Al Gore is lying?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
The world is getting warmer, fact. This past two or three winters I haven't hardly needed a coat ffs whereas I can remember making snowmen as a kid.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
Yeah, world is getting warmer. Whether it's natural or man made doesn't matter because we still gotta prepare for it.

Also, it's a fact that air pollution is bad. And we would be better off without it.

So why are people so opposed to helping out the environment and preparing future generations in dealing with climate change?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

CameronPoe wrote:

The world is getting warmer, fact. This past two or three winters I haven't hardly needed a coat ffs whereas I can remember making snowmen as a kid.
Well that is scientific enough.  It was 4 degrees (F) last night here.  That ain't to warm.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Me too!
And i'm not even 17!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Well that is scientific enough.  It was 4 degrees (F) last night here.  That ain't to warm.
Not a fan of statistics and scientific fact? The average temperature of the atmosphere of planet earth has been rising for decades.

Noun
S: (n) average, norm (a statistic describing the location of a distribution) "it set the norm for American homes"
S: (n) average ((sports) the ratio of successful performances to opportunities)
S: (n) average (an intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual) "he is about average in height"; "the snowfall this month is below average"
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6851|Reykjavík, Iceland.

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Was similar here this morning, plus it was very windy making it feel much worse
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Yeah, world is getting warmer. Whether it's natural or man made doesn't matter because we still gotta prepare for it.

Also, it's a fact that air pollution is bad. And we would be better off without it.

So why are people so opposed to helping out the environment and preparing future generations in dealing with climate change?
Because people just can't be bothered anymore.
They don't realise that other people/things exist apart from money.
They are looking for any loophole, this is one, this will delay the truth from becoming clear.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Not a fan of statistics and scientific fact? The average temperature of the atmosphere of planet earth has been rising for decades.

Noun
S: (n) average, norm (a statistic describing the location of a distribution) "it set the norm for American homes"
S: (n) average (an intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual) "he is about average in height"; "the snowfall this month is below average"
You didn't give any stats nor a link.

Why do you have to be such of fucking smart ass?  I swear you really need to get off your soapbox once and for all.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...
what we talking about here the enhanced global warming effect or just generally global warming?
inane little opines
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

But Global Warming and colder winters aren't mutually exclusive, in fact if global warming continues to melt the ice sheets, then the ocean will be colder because of this ice, and then the several streams that warm the land in winter will be switched off.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

sergeriver wrote:

But Global Warming and colder winters aren't mutually exclusive, in fact if global warming continues to melt the ice sheets, then the ocean will be colder because of this ice, and then the several streams that warm the land in winter will be switched off.
Well something melted them before we were here also.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Noun
Don't piss off grunts, it's bad mkay. Provocating e-fights is something you two excell at.
inane little opines
Raphi
Banned
+354|6266|Basel, Switzerland
It's obviously a fact, it's not hard...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Its real, but as I've said many times, overhyped. Besides its friggin freezing here at the minute .
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

True, but it isn't supposed to happen now, since we are now in interglaciar period.  The last glaciation was about 10,000 years ago, so the next glaciation should take place in about 50,000 to 90,000 years.  What you can expect every 10,000 years are minor glaciations, and maybe we are in the beginning of one of those.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

True, but it isn't supposed to happen now, since we are now in interglaciar period.  The last glaciation was about 10,000 years ago, so the next glaciation should take place in about 50,000 to 90,000 years.  What you can expect every 10,000 years are minor glaciations, and maybe we are in the beginning of one of those.
That is true also but there are fluctuations in temperature inbetween those 10.000 years aswell. For example in the roman period Britain probably had the climate of france, they thought it was an excellent place to grow wine grapes.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-01-25 08:37:20)

inane little opines
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6594|Sweden

usmarine2005 wrote:

True, but do you honestly think that air pollution didn't contribute at all to the fact that the average temperature is rising? Did it cross your mind that the increase would maybe only be half of what we're having today if we didn't persistently keep up the pollution?

Are you really that narrowminded you think we should just shrug our shoulders and ignore the Global warming theory and act as if nothing happened. I bet your kids will ask you in 20 years when the earth is one big desert:

" Why the hell didn't you do anything daddy? I want to see snow! "

Edit: removed  "Dumb" It was a bit harsh and i'm sorry if i offended you usmarine 2005.

Last edited by klassekock (2008-01-25 08:47:59)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

Well I am going to leave this thread before Spark comes in and calls us stupid.

edit:  lol...nvm...already got called dumb.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2008-01-25 08:40:33)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

dayarath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

That is true also but there are fluctuations in between temperatures inbetween those 10.000 years aswell. For example in the roman period Britain probably had the climate of france, they thought it was an excellent place to grow wine grapes.
Look, the climate isn't maths, so you can't predict exactly the changes it will have.  I think global warming is taking place, as it did before we were here.  The thing is we contributed to increase this natural process, and that is fact.  My point is don't think there's no global warming because the winter is colder in many places.  It has to do with the ocean streams being switched off by the ice melting because of the global warming.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6648|Your moms bedroom
you needs decades to compare trends in global warming, i believe it is happening how can it not? a gallon of gasoline weighs how much? where do you think all that weight goes when you burn it in your car?

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/co2.shtml

Last edited by Locoloki (2008-01-25 08:45:17)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

sergeriver wrote:

dayarath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That is true also but there are fluctuations in between temperatures inbetween those 10.000 years aswell. For example in the roman period Britain probably had the climate of france, they thought it was an excellent place to grow wine grapes.
Look, the climate isn't maths, so you can't predict exactly the changes it will have.  I think global warming is taking place, as it did before we were here.  The thing is we contributed to increase this natural process, and that is fact.  My point is don't think there's no global warming because the winter is colder in many places.  It has to do with the ocean streams being switched off by the ice melting because of the global warming.
Problem is we don't know what our involvement in the enviroment has done exactly. That in a period like that britain was good for growing wine grapes indicates there might be just more to it than our CO2 / Methane production. There are a zillion of factors you have to keep in mind when thinking of global warming, yes it's like maths.

We can keep debating wether it's global warming or enhanced global warming, by human effect but that doesn't get us anywhere. That we're trying to get to more cleaner ways of driving cars etc is good and all don't get me wrong, but if we could fix this problem by the root at once it would be a lot easier. For all we know it'll just keep getting warmer if we're all driving on biofuel anyway, that'd be troublesome.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard