_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6726|Riva, MD

pokerplaya wrote:

have over 45k and not ranked up grr.gonna repatch as everyone else seems to have ranked up.didnt see any smotc though
45K is the requirement, it doesn't mean you're going to get Sergeant Major of The Corps.
UberRanger
+-2|6702|UK
sounds really good but where can i download the patch from? i didnt think it was ready yet and i was hoping it was going to appear on here and lookin on the EA site yesterday and i couldnt find it.
drburnttoast_87
+0|6670|Australia
Apparently you shouldn't download the leaked version...got this from http://www.battlefield2.info/ and had google translate it for me. Dunno how accurate it is LOL.

Update - BF News.de pulls back BF News.de to Download its Download back pulled, since it probably concerns with this a PRE Patch, which raises probably still some errors.  The Download is not recommended yet.  Owing to to this stable at number unity.

I think its tryin to say that this may be an earlier version of the patch that SHOULD be released in the next few hours
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! i cant jet whore anymore =*( that is gay... and can any1 confirm that GL bounces off walls?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6743|cairns australia

_j5689_ wrote:

pokerplaya wrote:

have over 45k and not ranked up grr.gonna repatch as everyone else seems to have ranked up.didnt see any smotc though
45K is the requirement, it doesn't mean you're going to get Sergeant Major of The Corps.
what about sgt major?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

I haven't had any trouble with the patch... As previously stated, got link from IndianScout... My only problem is no local servers (Aussie) so I lag slightly...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6658|Hong Kong
Haha i killed a chopper with AA (awesome) but i got so much team damage...(=.=')
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6658|Hong Kong
i havent tried the L96A2 (why didn't they give a british weapon to the SAS?)
[A-A]Sgt.Sonner
+0|6692|Denmark
Are jets and helos really that bad now, or is it just for people without skill?? thats almost enough to make me cry..
l..Ph03niX..l
+0|6657
TY EA for bringing the term AWP WHORE to BF2, im really thankful.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

l..Ph03niX..l wrote:

TY EA for bringing the term AWP WHORE to BF2, im really thankful.
i think ill play sniper more now yes cs awp whores are gonna come...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
MACsgotagun
+0|6657
This is just great. They nerfed the jets and helos . I guess this proves that if you cry long and hard EA will cater to your whims. Why have the jet? just remove them from the maps.
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6732|Germany
WTF !!!!
Shit ! Damn ! Fuck !
Special forces screwed up. Argh. EA. Argh.
Ranks at BFHQ screwed, nothing with vet or expert tactical support weapon badge. 
But G3's better now
xXMMMSXx
+24|6667

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! i cant jet whore anymore =*( that is gay... and can any1 confirm that GL bounces off walls?
Yes it does.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6703|Howell, Mi USA
aw man im jealous, im stuck at work for the next 9 hours and i gotta listen to u talk about how great the patch is.

Plus it's frickin Valentines day and theres no way in hell my girlfriend is going to let me play tonight.

I get some booty i get some booty

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-14 06:14:12)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Rommel1l
+2|6673
Another way Developers ruin a great game..... listen to the crap players and then change everything.

Reduce aircraft strength plust increased AA are you f'ing kidding me? 

I was in a J-10 pulling a 180 degree turn with flares being release, got pegged by two linebacker shots and was easily brought down.

Im not a jet whore by any means but these changes for the planes are pathetic.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6764|The Netherlands
How is the P90? I found several posts about the L96 and that it is great but whats up with the P90? does it suck? is it better than the normal SMG's and equal to the MP7? is it a nice sub. for the DAO on maps with more open areas?
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6732|Germany
P 90! A damn crappy weapon.
It targets good but not very effective.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6719
where the fuck do i download it from?

wow a first lutenant i wondered when i would see that in a sig

Last edited by JaM3z (2006-02-14 06:29:38)

sgt_mango333
+31|6661
Sorry to all you jet and helo pilots....not really.  Time to change tactics guys, that's all.  I like the change.  Aircraft are made of aluminum and composites and generally don't do well with even small arms fire.  A missle exploding anywhere near a jet should severely damage it. 

And all you chopper whores complaining about an APC taking you down.  Duh...  This is a game that mimics war and war doesn't cater to the Jets and Helos that don't use tactics to take out targets.  Use terrain, sneak up on targets.  Jets fly higher and actually do a bombing run. 

The days of aircraft owning the battlefield are over...deal with it.  They are support units, not front line units.
A=10
+-2|6796|U.K DURHAM
remove jets from the game are you mad go play cs if you dont like this sort of game dude. its a war game next you will want rocks to throw at each other. take away guns lets use sticks and stones ffs we are not cave men any more.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6713|SE Pennsylvania
I'll embrace the new AA power.  Hopefully I can hone my flying skills and stay away from 'em anyway.  Haven't played the new patch yet, though.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6719
erm maybe i wont instal it just yet after reading this

"A quick note to our BF2 Clanserver customers; don't install the BF2 patch if you have managed to get hold of a copy from somewhere on the web. Wait for our release to ensure that you have the correct patch and that it will work with your clanserver. Keep your eyes peeled as we'll be announcing the successful migration to v1.20 when it's done."

meh fuck em i found it anyway now just waiting for it to download, so when are they going to ofer it to us for download?
IndianScout
+16|6685
guess the pilot whores who spend the whole map bombing people to get 15:1, 20:1, 25:1 kill/death ratios will have to rethink their tactics..

told you this would rock....

Last edited by IndianScout (2006-02-14 07:05:28)

raz
+22|6673|England, UK
Infact.. I like the new AA, it teaches noobs not to fly. You now actually have to be a GOOD pilot if you wanna' remain in the air for more than 5 mins, lol. I still owning in my jet, but you have to take a different approach.. Flairs are basically usless unless deployed at the exact pin point time, so you have to try and get a run to the aa (either vertical or the opposite way he is lookin') and shoot him down that way, then continue with you tank bombing etc.

I like the patch in general, and i thought you would have to wait longer to prone and stand up. You can still bunny hop, just can't shoot at the same time, which is terrific otherwise if you had to wait a time to jump, this would rouine the game completely!

One thing i don't like.. You can't throw c4! Boo! I really enjoyed that and the c4 drop distance is so small you have to get literally a meter away from a tank to slap some c4 on. I hope the expert c4 requirements (currently 37 kills) is lowered because this will be almost impossible to get with the throw distance reduced in place!

Another thing, NO NOOB TUBING! WOO! (or atliest, it's alot harder n' inaccurate)

Overall, good patch, i like it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard