Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6869|Reykjavík, Iceland.
8 maps?

Lame. BF1942 has 21 maps, which are all nothing short of awesomness.

I say focus less on unlocks and crap, and give us more maps.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6329|The | Netherlands
Sambuccashake
+126|6636|Sweden

3lmo wrote:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/bf2/news/50068/
Copy/paste content please?

(That link is blocked here at work)
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6584|Hungary
I will give the demo a try but....Bf2 for meh still rocks !
cablecopulate
+449|6764|Massachusetts.
Nothing you can't read in other threads:

Battlefield Heroes announced!
Electronic Arts just anounced the next game in the battlefield series, Battlefield Heroes. This cartoon-like game is also being developed by DICE and will be free to download in the summer of 2008.
Official anouncement by EA:

Today we announce Battlefield Heroes™, an all-new Play 4 Free cartoon-style shooter that will bring classic Battlefield gameplay to an all new audience and setting. It’s fun cartoon-style graphics and gameplay caters to players of all skill levels. It is easy to pick up and play but with robust character customization and a deep online meta-game, gamers can spend hours building up their characters and conquering the world.

“There’s something here for all types of players -- be it our core Battlefield fans or casual gamers. With the new online model, we will continually add new content to keep the game fresh and keep players engaged, while integrating player feedback in real time. As a game developer, it is such a cool new way to make games.” says Ben Cousins, Senior Producer for Battlefield Heroes.

Battlefield Heroes is being developed by DICE in Stockholm and will be EA’s first title that is offered completely for free. It will be released for the PC as a free download at www.battlefield-heroes.com in summer 2008.

The reaction of the community has yet to come, but it seems some players are disaipointed in EA, after the 'leaked rumours' spread last year, others however can't wait. Will this free cartoon FPS be the next generation of battlefield or will it just be a stain on the battlefield series?
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6668|can
Epic meh.
Sambuccashake
+126|6636|Sweden
Cheers for the info guys but:
What... the... fuck...?

This is NOT what I had in mind.

TF2 goes BF2?

Edit
Found this:
"The existing Battlefield games are fairly deep; you have to be pretty good or you’ll die pretty quick," Gerhard Florin, EA’s executive vice president, said in a telephone interview with The Times. "Now we’ve toned down the difficulty, shortened each game session to 10 or 15 minutes and made the visual style more cartoony."

Come on...

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2008-01-21 05:02:08)

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6668|can
Sounds bad. Really bad.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6205
Hope they will package this up with the "real" BF3 like TF2 was packaged with Orange Box. Let's hope because it would be stupid just to release this without taking the next step we are all anticipating.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6648|Little Bentcock

cablecopulate wrote:

Nothing you can't read in other threads:

“There’s something here for all types of players -- be it our core Battlefield fans or casual gamers. With the new online model, we will continually add new content to keep the game fresh and keep players engaged, while integrating player feedback in real time. As a game developer, it is such a cool new way to make games.” says Ben Cousins, Senior Producer for Battlefield Heroes.
LOL!
Sambuccashake
+126|6636|Sweden
A friend found this at totalbf2.com:

"Is this BF3?
No, Battlefield Heroes is not Battlefield 3. Battlefield Heroes is one of many Battlefield games in development by DICE, including Battlefield Bad Company for PS3 and Xbox 360. We have not made any announcements regarding Battlefield 3."

There's still hope I guess...
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6025|London ㋛

So this is what all the hype was about, a battlefield themed TF2, or this is just an extra and a real BF3 IS on the horizon?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6312|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

jsnipy wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

I doubt it will be as fun as bf2
You will probably never have "that feeling" again
When you say "that feeling" you mean "total randomness" right ?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Longbow
+163|6672|Odessa, Ukraine
Cartoon-style = fail. The reason I havent bought TF2...
Less difficulty = fail aswell. I don't want to play some consolized game for 12 year old kids who cant aim\move properly.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6869|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Sambuccashake wrote:

Cheers for the info guys but:
What... the... fuck...?

This is NOT what I had in mind.

TF2 goes BF2?

Edit
Found this:
"The existing Battlefield games are fairly deep; you have to be pretty good or you’ll die pretty quick," Gerhard Florin, EA’s executive vice president, said in a telephone interview with The Times. "Now we’ve toned down the difficulty, shortened each game session to 10 or 15 minutes and made the visual style more cartoony."

Come on...
15 or 15 minutes?

The thing that made BF1942 as epic as it was was the 1 hour long rounds, the fact that you could actually take time to go your own way, outflank the enemy in a smart way, keep enemies pinned at an outpost while waiting for reinforcements instead of just having a noobrush and grenade spam fest at the beginning of every round (ala Karkand BF2).

I want a BF1942 remake, NO CHANGE IN BALANCE, NO FUCKING UNLOCKS, just improved graphics and physics.

After the 1.61 patch, BF1942 became perfect, patches were actually improving the game instead of fucking it more up.

Heck, I want to play some BF1942 now.
Simon Moon
+13|6696|Canada
Battlefield Heroes is not Battlefield 3. And hi Sydney

They will make a new Battlefield that deserves the 3 behind it, and will be close to what BF2 was, just better (I hope).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard