SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6660|Hong Kong
I CANT WAIT!!!!!!
im at school so i cant play. sum1 plz post a video
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6742|Michigan
WOA!!! sniper is frickin great!!! gameplay will be more difficult than ever!!!LOL
Very fun!!!
Chou
+737|6802
Yes no more screenshots, weird shit.
No rank up to Sergeant Major of the Corps at 45.000.

*?*
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6784|California, US
ok just played the patch, every server i tried to get in said i had modified files... only got in a EA one and one other. went around in the jet and wow about the AA. i was shooting down guys in helos and jet even when they dropped the flares...
i know some of you are happy about that but its almost like you cant have another jet or AA locked on you or your dead.

oh and the new sniper rocks! it sounds so sweet when it goes off!

and yeah my screen shots didnt work also... bummed i got my captin one cuz i pasted in paint.

Last edited by Stun_Gun (2006-02-14 01:21:14)

pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6745|cairns australia

Choumichel wrote:

fraps works a ok
                                                                                                     *?*
AdamEcks
+1|6714|Canada, Eh.

Choumichel wrote:

*?*
I seen a screen shot of a player's BFHQ. He had 44967 pts and his status bar was full (or atleast near full) so I would have to say there is rank up at 45K.

It was pokerplaya btw.

Last edited by AdamEcks (2006-02-14 01:23:49)

Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
Well the patch is excellent, and its adressed more then I could think of.  The new sniper unlock and anti-tank unlock seem powerful, and accurate to, it doesnt seem that I have to compensate for bullet drop anymore, I just point and shoot and they die.  Its all good.
The L85A1 is so much more accurate, from the building site on Sharqi I got a headshot on one of the opposing building near the hill outpost.  It was incredible accuracy.  The P-90 packs a punch and is quite nice to use, and overall combat seems much more fluid now.

However...

The animations when you get up look a little weird, I dont know if I can put my finger on it, it just seems a little off.  Bunny hopping is back as I saw about 3 people doing it to get away, but they couldnt fire back so they were relitively easy targets.  AA is amazing, choppers dont really stand a chance now, but some pilots managed to get away, only just.

The menu's seem quicker now as well, and they crash a lot less.  Plus the multiplayer tab is now far more responsive and it seems you join quicker.  One problem though is that my progress bar on BFHQ is full and I'm not getting promoted, from what I can tell either its a bug or they broke it again.  I'm hoping its the former.

Last edited by Paladus902 (2006-02-14 02:26:23)

Flyboy63
+8|6715|South Australia
It sux if they have weakened the choppers even further..
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
I think the reason so many of them died was because everyone was manning AA to check it out.  After a while the flyboys learned to approach a different way, and I just sniped the AA gunners as easy targets sitting there, just waiting.
binloading4ever
+0|6679|Netherlands
I heard that they also downgrated the meetings for the badges and medals. Is this true.

I dont have the patch yet, and i will wait untill i have my exp. explosives. Otherwise it will be fucking hard to get.

I think this new sniper rifle doesnt rock at all. I only want a direct kill if i am aiming for the head, now everybody can kill you instantly if you are running down the streets of whatever map.
Chou
+737|6802

AdamEcks wrote:

Choumichel wrote:

*?*
I seen a screen shot of a player's BFHQ. He had 44967 pts and his status bar was full (or atleast near full) so I would have to say there is rank up at 45K.

It was pokerplaya btw.
Aha okay and I'm well over 50.000..... so... no rank for me and I have played ranked servers today Bro
Please say something to make me smile

Yeah pokerplaya fraps will do okay and Xfire has screenshot option as well so.. muah.. but strange anyway..

Last edited by Choumichel (2006-02-14 03:08:19)

Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797

binloading4ever wrote:

I think this new sniper rifle doesnt rock at all. I only want a direct kill if i am aiming for the head, now everybody can kill you instantly if you are running down the streets of whatever map.
I only got an instant kill with a headshot, any othershot takes you down to three red bars, or a little higher, but still, you have to hit them, and quite a few of the servers up for the new patch have lag, so its not easy.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

binloading4ever wrote:

I heard that they also downgrated the meetings for the badges and medals. Is this true.

I dont have the patch yet, and i will wait untill i have my exp. explosives. Otherwise it will be fucking hard to get.

THE AWP (LArandomnumbers) IS NOT ONE HIT KILL unless you hit them in the head... I was shot by it earlier... G3A3 is kickass now

New patch is cool, bit of a shame about chopper armour, my only complaint was the accuracy of the IGLA/Stingers not the damage they do . Oh well, I'm having all kinds of weird movement animations (maybe the pings... no Aussie servers yet ) Anyways this is draggin out abit...

I WANT THE P90...

MP7 is pretty cool now, doesn't do as much damage though
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6796|Perth, Western Australia
How did they actually change the mp7, because I kind of liked it before.

Patch is dling now
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6745|Singapore

AdamEcks wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

Is the AA fixed yet?
Define fixed. If you mean does AA rape air vehicles now, Yes. Improved AA and decrease air vehicle strength. All they had to do was improve the AA, not air vehicles don't have a chance. I have no problem playing infantry though and it will be nice not to have to worry about being constantly pinned down by a heli.
Yeah and sooner or later, the jets will be left at the base and everyone goes ground pounding.
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6735|Belgium
Am i missin' somethin' here..?
Is the 1.2 patch already out ??
PHaze
+0|6727

http://www.battlefield2.info  (14.02.2006)  wrote:

Update - BF-News.de zieht Download zurück
BF-News.de hat ihren Download zurück gezogen, da es sich bei diesem wohl um einen PRE Patch handelt, welcher wohl noch einige Fehler aufwirft. Der Download ist noch nicht zu empfehlen.
i try to translate :

BF-news.de cancels the download because the patch seems to be a PREpatch which causes some problems.
the download is not recommended!

Last edited by PHaze (2006-02-14 04:23:55)

AuSFinN
+1|6700
Ahh this patch will be great. But I'm sitting here is Australia, waiting for the US version to come out.. Soon hopefully. I don't like the new prospect of a one shot kill deadly accurate sniper rifle.. C4 tossing was terrible, noob tubing in excess. But, sniper whoring now? It'll be a grim future... At least I'm a very good sniper.

Choppers have been taken down by guns before, not the powerful mouted ones, but civillians. AK-47's and the like. So no one can rule the skies anymore. Good!

Anti tank.. I hope the unlock isn't that bad, and i dont like what they're doing to the poor widdle MP7. Downgrading magazine count and damage? It's great, but hard to kill with still..
Dilbert2468
+6|6751|Australia
this whole rank of  sgt major of the corps. people think because they saw that website with all new rank requirments u need 45,000 to become one. i throught most people would be smart enhough to firgure it out.

Sgt major is now 45.000. sgt major of the corps works the same way it allways did, a player gets picked out by ea to be a sgt major of the corps. remeber in the real world there is only 1 sgt major of the corps.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

I'm going to miss all the assault kits fellas... Just spent an hour or two playing on an unranked patched server...

The new assault is Medic, and that crappy Sa80 gun now beats everything... EVERYTHING
Better than the G36E...

Half your deaths for the first month will be to a sniper rifle...

MP7 has same fire rate (roughly), 40 shot clip, 3 clips and less damage... still pretty kickass though

Once again, give up that assault class all you assault players, Medic is the ultimate kit now...

PKM and M95 are also really really good now.... Hit a sniper from the other side of the widest point of Fu She pass twice in a row with the M95...
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6748|yorkshire penisula
well ive just patched and went onto a german server to try it out.got 2 promotions and the 2 unlocks which are cool,the new sniper sounds awesum and is accurate.
the p90 is also a good weapon good for close combat.
only played about 5 mins,but was ok,not a great patch i think.allot of people are goin to have to adjust their gaming style for this patch.

now this i dont like:

PHaze wrote:

http://www.battlefield2.info  (14.02.2006)  wrote:

Update - BF-News.de zieht Download zurück
BF-News.de hat ihren Download zurück gezogen, da es sich bei diesem wohl um einen PRE Patch handelt, welcher wohl noch einige Fehler aufwirft. Der Download ist noch nicht zu empfehlen.
i try to translate :

BF-news.de cancels the download because the patch seems to be a PREpatch which causes some problems.
the download is not recommended!
does this mean im gunna have to wait till ea puts it up?
PHaze
+0|6727
i would suggest to all of u "can't wait" guys

wait for the official patch from EA sites.
maybe it works better...
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Uhhh, IndianScout has something to do with EA and BF2 dont he? Thats were I got the link from...
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6745|cairns australia
have over 45k and not ranked up grr.gonna repatch as everyone else seems to have ranked up.didnt see any smotc though
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6703|Sweden
Feels like the game is laggin more now.... "mabye because of my crappy graphic card".
Like the new sniper tho.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard