IcyBlade
+2|6472
Hi all, I've been playing BF2 for quite a bit, but as of today, I still don't know how are driver special ability points obtained, but I've got 700 of those points. Can anyone enlighten me please, on how to get such points? Thanks!
-=SD=-judenellie
+0|5951
i think its were u are squad leader,and ur squaddies spawn on u when ur in a vehicle!
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6276|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

-=SD=-judenellie wrote:

i think its were u are squad leader,and ur squaddies spawn on u when ur in a vehicle!
Why must you make this a thread of lies?!

You get them by being a driver, and another passenger gets kills. I.e, you're driving a Tank/Humvee/Vodnik and your gunner kills someone.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

wrong again. "Driver special ability points" are gained when you are the driver and another player in the vehicle resuplies, repairs, or heals.

When you are a driver and a passenger gets a kill that is a "driver assist"

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-01-21 04:56:28)

IcyBlade
+2|6472
ahh i see.. i think ninja kid is more accurate lols.. when i started playing, before the first few patches, they used to announce "you got a driver special ability point". i thought it was for avoiding an apc/anti-tank missile, because it usually happens when a missile flies past lol!!
IcyBlade
+2|6472
erm.. oh manz.. now what is it? haha
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6008|London ㋛

You're both right, you deffo get them from other people in your vehicle gettin' kills. since I've started flying various gunners around in ze chopper, my driver special ability points have rocketed up from 250 to over 1000, best way to get the points is either engy in an apc or tank, or fly around gunners in the attack chopper. 

Edit: Explanation, say you're APC whoring on karkand, you're an engineer, you have two friendly tanks besides you, you're all gettin' pumbled with SRAW's and tank shells, while you're an engy, you repair the other friendly next to you just by being an engineer in the apc. Another example, you're in the blackhawk, you're Support, people in the back are throwing out mines like there's no tomorrow, you keep resupplying them, more driver ability points, and again, driver kill assists add to ability points. Understand?

Last edited by Ec0li (2008-01-21 05:02:03)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6416|Somersetshire
Driver special ability = 1 point. Note: You receive these points while driving or piloting and someone that is in the vehicle with you receives combat or team points.

http://wiki.bf2s.com/stats/scoring-system
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

Driver Special Ability Point: You're driving and another guy in your tank, APC, chopper or whatever gets a heal, resupply or repair point. (as mentioned above)

Driver Kill Assist: When a guy that's in the same vehicle as you gets a kill.

These add up to the same points in stats (See: driver points), but there is a difference when going for a bagde that requires one or the other.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
I need around tree fiddy.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6421|Belgium
Sometimes if you're in a vehicle and the driver/passenger gets a kill, you'll get kill assists instead of driver kill assists. It seems to depend on your position. I have never quite understood that.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6353|Twyford, UK
I think it's if the driver gets a kill while you're a passenger, or something.

Either way, I hand those points out like crazy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard