Yes39%39% - 58
No60%60% - 90
Total: 148
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

steelie34 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

A FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER STORY, WHICH IS ONE OF THE BEST SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGNS IN RECENT TIMES.
yeah but how long does that last?  how many times can you play the same shit over and over before you get bored?  even bf2 single player is always different.  the single player cod is great, until you beat it once.  i admit the javelin kicks ass, and the stinger is sweet, but cmon, its the same friggen deal every time.
5-6 hours.

Plus all the difficultys.

Plus the intel.

Plus the arcade mode.

Plus playing with the intel cheats.

Plus playing for gamerscore.

So quite a while to be honest.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Whitefang
Whit3fang [30-06] Deer
+2|6006|Mississippi

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

BF2: F35

CoD4: No F35

F35s kick ass.
corrected.

ontopic: i like Jets in Bf2, but over all, im enjoying cod4 on ps3 more right now

Last edited by Whitefang (2008-01-17 11:50:09)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6456|Chicago, IL
CoD4 is usually much faster, and you rank up much faster, which I liked, and the infantry mechanics are better than bf2, but it lacks the "holy shit" moments that BF2 could occasionally provide.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6229|Phoenix, AZ
Null.

BF2 is a classic, full of awesome memories, and it cant be compared to ANYTHING!

COD4 is just, something else, a filler in between truely epic games to keep us occupied... IMO COD4 is nothing special but its still worth a buy because it is fun
firebolt5
+114|6165

GodFather wrote:

Null.

BF2 is a classic, full of awesome memories, and it cant be compared to ANYTHING!
It's predecessor BF1942...
Longbow
+163|6656|Odessa, Ukraine

firebolt5 wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Null.

BF1942 lack of BF2's features. It was very good for it's times but when BF2 came out it easily beated BF1942.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6292|Pennsyltucky

Longbow wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Null.

BF1942 lack of BF2's features. It was very good for it's times but when BF2 came out it easily beated BF1942.

never mind

Last edited by T.Pike (2008-01-18 21:13:31)

Single Player for COD4 was excellent best i have seen. COD4 MP falls abit short Spawning system is horrible, hitbox issues, and lack of maps and style. I dont prefer the COD4 they are more Round-Based style and there arent that many maps. The spawning system can be really annoying sometimes i cant even live for 5 seconds. Also all COD games seem to have nooby autoaim if you crosshair is on the person which is gay...

Last edited by †[AøT]§tèálth† (2008-01-20 13:26:19)

Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6277|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Watched this video comparison between CoD 4 and Crysis.

There's now no way I'm going to get CoD 4 first. He makes some really good points about the single player modes, and the stuff that he points out in CoD 4 would drive me insane:

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

There's now no way I'm going to get CoD 4 first. He makes some really good points about the single player modes, and the stuff that he points out in CoD 4 would drive me insane:

Fair review, but he is very Crysis biased.

You only get annoyed by those things in COD4 if you are looking for them.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
@ Ninja Kid

The fact that COD4 is linear does not make it worse than Crysis...
I think of the openworld and linear games as two different genres, rather than old and new... games like HL2 + Episodes have proven that Linear gaming can be the most intense and awesome experience in gaming....

The Crysis MP beta was "ok" but had many awefull elements to it, whereas the COD4 multiplayer is among the most awesome multiplayers ever....

Crysis is more singleplayer oriented, whilst COD4 is (with its 4 hour campaign) mostly multiplayer...

imho: Crysis does not have the lasting appeal and competitive feeling of COD4... whereas COD4 lacks the exploring and planning feel in singleplayer that crysis does so well...

It is really a question of what you like the most
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6791

wow, can't believe that the voting is this close!
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6270

Longbow wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Null.

Wow I can't believe you said that. 1942 can be compared to Battlefield 2. Lets think of it this way what if they took out all the awards and stats what would you have? See people didn't play 1942 for stats they played it because it was fun.
weasel_thingo
+74|6336

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

CoD4 is linear because it has a story line that changes during the level's so you need to see the stuff, and you are working with a squad.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6165|Vancouver | Canada
CoD4 isn't epic?

lolwut

GTFO of here.
Longbow
+163|6656|Odessa, Ukraine

DefCon-17 wrote:

CoD4 isn't epic?

lolwut

GTFO of here.