AoP
+1|6770
Just curious: Has anyone ever witnessed a commander score for the winning team of 266 points on a completely filled ranked 64-player server? I saw that today and I'm reluctant to believe that everything about this score is alright. There was some action, meaning USMC took a number of flags which where recapped by the PLA every once in a while and the whole match didn't last longer than, say, 15 minutes.
AoP
+1|6770
C'mon guys, don't let me down on this. Is a commander score of 133 on Dragon Valley possible and realistic? I never play commander on this map but have never seen a score as high as that before with others either.
Jobarra
+0|6699
Doesn't seem realistic if the game lasted only 15 minutes and had a full 64 players on it.  If it is legit, I would love to know how since the formula for commander points has probably been changed somewhere.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6777|Rotherham, England
of course its possible, it just depends on how many points the individual members of his team got. For example if there were 2 guys in chopper who got like 100+ points each and a few people below them with 60-80 points then the commander could easily get 133 in a round.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6790|London UK

yeah its possible
AoP
+1|6770

mjw wrote:

of course its possible, it just depends on how many points the individual members of his team got. For example if there were 2 guys in chopper who got like 100+ points each and a few people below them with 60-80 points then the commander could easily get 133 in a round.
Not even anywhere near that. I uploaded the screenshot (made with Fraps) to Imageshack:

https://img495.imageshack.us/img495/9619/weirdcommanderscore8jr.th.jpg
[bpuk]jack
+58|6666
jeez dude, dragon valley and that score! the best map to command on for big scores has gotta be strike at karkand
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6740|Indianapolis, IN
I only see 225 in that photo.  and yeah that is possible.

I played with friend the other day on a kark map and he as USMC commander had a score of nearly 270 points.  So yeah its possible to get those high scores.
AoP
+1|6770

BUDFORCE wrote:

yeah its possible
Well then, be so kind to tell me how, 'cause I have no idea and neither did people who - different from me - have their expert command badge and enjoy being commander. I assume you've read my first post which clearly states that it was nothing but a usual round of Dragon Valley on a full 64-player-server.
AoP
+1|6770

The_Mob_Returns wrote:

I only see 225 in that photo.  and yeah that is possible.
Yeah, my fault, I had a different number in mind.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6790|London UK

whats even more amazing is how the last 3 rounds ended with exactly the same final ticket count.....
Smiley
+1|6674|Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Not possible dragon with those scores. It goes too quick.

Best youll see is around 120 after 2x bonus on that map. In that round i reckon around 80 he should have got.

Maybe he was stat padding. You should have checked in top scores if he had high repair points/revives etc cause as commander none of that shows up in game in his teamwork column but he still gets points.

Last edited by Smiley (2006-02-13 16:44:44)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710
wow! u people have to keep up with the times!
It is a known glitch! If the server host changes the map (right after the round ends) 2 or more times, then the commander gets the 2x score each time!!!
Jobarra
+0|6699

Smiley wrote:

Not possible dragon with those scores. It goes too quick.

Best youll see is around 120 after 2x bonus on that map. In that round i reckon around 80 he should have got.

Maybe he was stat padding. You should have checked in top scores if he had high repair points/revives etc cause as commander none of that shows up in game in his teamwork column but he still gets points.
Hmmm... people always say your points are derived completely from how your team does and from how many people are on your team.  So you are now saying that revives and repairs(essentially anything that gives you team points) are added to the command score?
kalas
+-1|6666
its possible just look at my BRS with USMC(271) and MEC(193)
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6741
Glitchin
Jobarra
+0|6699

kalas wrote:

its possible just look at my BRS with USMC(271) and MEC(193)
Again... How?  On a full 64 man server that lasts its usual amount of time?
petethecheese
+9|6781|England
The commander gets a point for every flag capture and kill his team gets.  Add up the kills for his team - there's more than enough (less TK's) etc to get the base score and then multpliy by 2.  It's easily possible.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6762|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
its obvious its a glitch. look at the scores of both PLA and USA. Both teams have about the same amount of scores. the loser commander had a score of 22, so the winner should have 22 x 2 = 44. how the heck did he get 255? obviously a glitch
Buffnuggles
+11|6750|The Hague, Netherlands
It's possible.
My best scores at Dragon Valley are BR 127 and 150. I wasn't the commander.
If I had my BR scores would be doubled.

I'm a commander who fights a side with his soldiers.
NuclearBlasted
+8|6711
It is more likely that he had about 70 commander points, the map glitch happened twice, and he got around 70 x 3 points for the win.  Someone on here got tens thousands points off of this once, and it completely ruined his score.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6740|Oregon

petethecheese wrote:

The commander gets a point for every flag capture and kill his team gets.  Add up the kills for his team - there's more than enough (less TK's) etc to get the base score and then multpliy by 2.  It's easily possible.
not quite..the commanders score is the average of the players score.

and i have seen this before on Wake...i am almost positive it is a glitch where the commander's score is accidentally doubled twice. very weird, i think you should post it on the EA official message boards.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6723|Antarctica
Its possible that several ppl were stat padding on his team and disconnected before it ended, and since the commander score is the average of your team, his score would go up a little too.
AoP
+1|6770
Thanks for all your feedback. So, in the end, its all up to "might be or might not be". Think I'll just stop thinking about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard