banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6688
Is going to be eliminated with this patch right?

As i'm perfectly ok with that while in combat (it's annoying), there's no other way to get in/out certain windows now right?

I do this a lot on Warlord back at the palace, whether it's jumping out the back windows, or going in the front windows on the first floor.

It's an open window, I should be able to get in it somehow. (yes I know i can grapple 2 floor windows)
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6685|USA
I too jump through those front windows on Warlord. Much better way to enter than front door. I hope that isn't eliminated. I don't know how they will take out jumping though. Making it where you can't go prone when you jump I see. But how do they curb "bunny hopping" ?
kingkong777
+-1|6692
can't remember exactly how they were going to curb it but it was no firing while jumping or only 1 jump and then a 1 sec gap before going prone or jumping again or something like that.
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6800|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
As far as I know this is not being eliminated. They are fixing the 'Dolphin Diving' by preventing the ability to jump out of a prone, not prone during a jump.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6745|Germany
I guess it will be like in BF42: A time gap between two prone actions. Jumping and going prone before shooting was a default and accepted action in BF42 and DC.

Last edited by <b|k> lukie (2006-02-13 13:49:31)

GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6785

Running, jumping, and diving is actually a technique used in real life. We see it all the time in movies, police videos, etc. It's just a quick way to get prone. Hell I use it when I play soccer and it's a very realistic move.

Now, doing this action repeatedly is NOT realistic by any means. However, it really wouldn't be a problem if the players weren't able to shoot 100% accuratelly while doing this. I have no problem hitting moving targets, wether they are jumping or diving. However I know that if I jump and dive midair, anything in front of my crosshairs will get hit accuratelly. Thus doing this gives you an unfair advantage because you are harder to hit AND you have good accuracy.
Aquafina
+0|6675

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

But how do they curb "bunny hopping" ?
Jumping should take out all of your stamina.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard