rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6615|England
And yet I can't find a decent server that I can find a squad using VoIP in, at all.

Anyone know any servers that often have people using VoIP in?
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6019|London ㋛

Only one I've found people using VoIP in regularly is BBUK. Cant say ive played every euro server though but I've found yanks are a lot more incline to use their mics than us Europeans. Just shop around.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6739|Scotland
BF2 is a dying game.    (but not dead, admittedly)

The only real place you'll find stuff liek that is in clans. People stopped using VOIP when they discovered going solo was possible.

Yeah, shop around. Also you can use filters

https://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2086/filterla0.png

google "qtracker" for that ^^
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6174|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yay thanks, I was looking for a good BF2 server browser.

Karmanized.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6411|Southern California
Try PR?

really though, pick a server and play there. Hard to get teamwork with randoms so become a regular and you can usually find some people.

While its weird to do, if you can find a squad thats at least rolling together be the only guy using his mic for a while. Some times I wont use my mic, then some one else will start talking...after they talk a bit I feel I should get my mic but am still kinda quite...take a bit to get warmed up and talkative.

If you can't find a good squad start one. Kick people who wander off after warning them, and announce you plan/place attack markers.
like "SL: ok lets swim around back at go capture factory while squad 1 is keeping them buissy at suburbs *places move market at back side of docks*"

Be a leader and keep talking and you will find some who fall in line.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

Full Contact War! FCW FTW! It can be a bit crowded sometimes, but if you play late at night, that's usually when the good people are on and a ton of people use mics.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6642|Camp XRay

why did it take you so long to get a decent mic?
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
0akleaves
+183|6633|Newcastle UK

Airwolf wrote:

The only real place you'll find stuff liek that is in clans. People stopped using VOIP when they discovered going solo was possible.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2086/filterla0.png

theres that option ingame nub
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
l41e
+677|6667

If you let your squad know that you have a mic, they'll either:

A. Get pissed at you when they get killed "because you didn't say anything"
B. Tell you to shut up because you're "talking wrong"
C. TK you for either of the above reasons
D. By far the most likely, it'll make absolutely no difference. I have no idea if people are deaf and blind, but no one ever seems to hear people over mics or people typing.

Basically, forget it. Use it in PR or some game where people aren't total douchebags to everyone around them.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6739|Scotland

0akleaves wrote:

Airwolf wrote:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2086/filterla0.png

theres that option ingame nub
no u

<3
aimless
+166|6144|Texas
LegionAtWar server, if it's up. Get in one of the L@W squads, they talk, a lot. Most of them have a heavy southern accent though. And talking about hunting, and pickup trucks.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6725

rh27 wrote:

And yet I can't find a decent server that I can find a squad using VoIP in, at all.

Anyone know any servers that often have people using VoIP in?
Play Project Reality mod.  Ulike BF2, it's growing, and everbody uses Voip.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6437|Florida

k30dxedle wrote:

If you let your squad know that you have a mic, they'll either:

A. Get pissed at you when they get killed "because you didn't say anything"
B. Tell you to shut up because you're "talking wrong"
C. TK you for either of the above reasons
D. By far the most likely, it'll make absolutely no difference. I have no idea if people are deaf and blind, but no one ever seems to hear people over mics or people typing.

Basically, forget it. Use it in PR or some game where people aren't total douchebags to everyone around them.
Thats not true
1con
---
+6|6244|beach, USA
Start your own squad and name it 'VOIP' or something.  Every time someone joins, I ask if they have a mic as an icebreaker.  Yes, no, no response, it gives you an idea of what to expect from them.

I have found that, when I start playing a new server, I start a squad and make sure I communicate.  3 things tend to happen.
1. Others with that want to communicate will respond and join
2. People without mics that want teamwork will join
3. People with mics will join but be fairly quiet for a while, then start communicating

Typically, even if you are the only one talking, you will do better in the game, since most people that join a VOIP squad are typically a little more keen on teamwork.

Just make sure you communicate relevant information.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6208|Canada

Join a clan that uses team speak.
problem solved.
1con
---
+6|6244|beach, USA

Phatmatt wrote:

Join a clan that uses team speak.
problem solved.
Not everyone want to be in a clan.  I have been invited multiple times, but it is just not something I am interested in.

Not everyone wants to use TS.  I dont like TS, since you have to join the server TS each time you get on a server.  Or, you have to join your clan's TS and round everyone up to go to the same server.  In game VOIP is much better, as you can essentially play a pick-up game with anyone on the server that is willing to join your squad.  You dont have all the chatter from other squads/games/whatever that may be occurring on a TS channel.

Anyway, back on topic, the short answer is to not be afraid to use your mic.  The majority of the time if you are using yours, someone else will eventually speak up as well, regardless of the server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard