Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
Ok today Bf2 started artifacting ( i think thats wat itss called) .... and its reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy annoying.

all my other games (CSS, DODS, Crysis, COD4 etc etc) all work fine without a problem.

any suggestions to fix my problem?

Im running:

AMD athlon 64+ 2.6 Ghz Dual Core 5200+

4 GB DDR2 RAM

360 GB HD

1GB OC'd 8600 GT

(and dont just say buy a 8800 cuz thats obviously not the problem when my card is running crysis on high but im getting artifacts on BF2)

+1 for decent help

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2008-01-17 23:23:51)

Krupp23
+2|6236
I had artefacts in my graphics.

Reason was an overheating graphics card!

It was because my IDE cable blocked the cooler fan of the card! But when your other games run fine a heat problem is not very likely.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

Krupp23 wrote:

I had artefacts in my graphics.

Reason was an overheating graphics card!

It was because my IDE cable blocked the cooler fan of the card! But when your other games run fine a heat problem is not very likely.
yer i originally thought it might be overheating so i checked and it was fine. no problems there.

so i checked my other games and they ran fine
aimless
+166|6143|Texas
Have you updated your drivers?

One thing I could recommend is getting RivaTuner and open up the Hardware Monitor and set the graph to monitor your gpu temperature. Leave it running, play bf2 for a while until it starts to artifact, then exit. Make a note of the graph and notice the temps. If it peaks really high, then it's obviously a heat issue. If it's not, then that's one thing we can rule out.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

aimless wrote:

Have you updated your drivers?

One thing I could recommend is getting RivaTuner and open up the Hardware Monitor and set the graph to monitor your gpu temperature. Leave it running, play bf2 for a while until it starts to artifact, then exit. Make a note of the graph and notice the temps. If it peaks really high, then it's obviously a heat issue. If it's not, then that's one thing we can rule out.
ok ill DL it and see wat happens
Volatile
+252|6722|Sextupling in Empire

Some people have solved the prob by blowing dust out of their card with compressed air.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

Volatile wrote:

Some people have solved the prob by blowing dust out of their card with compressed air.
hmmm.... its a pretty new card so it shouldnt be dusty... be ill see how i go

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2008-01-17 23:37:15)

Volatile
+252|6722|Sextupling in Empire

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Volatile wrote:

hmmm.... its a pretty new card so it shouldnt be dusty... be ill see how i go
Yeah, I just noticed you have a relatively new card. But even so, if you have a case that moves some serious air(antec 900) sometimes that stuff can build up quickly.
Metallicatt
+3|6781|Gold Coast, Down Under
LBJ,

It could be an overheat problem, so try Aimless' help, but also check out my fix if it is doing the type of thing in the pics HERE??

Write back if it helps. It has helped others (including myself) with similar issue.

Cheers
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
ohk i played a round of BF2 and it was  artifacting.... the max the core temp got to was 76. that seems pretty hot to me....

suggestions?
geNius
..!.,
+144|6460|SoCal

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

1GB OC'd 8600 GT...running crysis on high
No.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

geNius wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

1GB OC'd 8600 GT...running crysis on high
No.
???
aimless
+166|6143|Texas

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

ohk i played a round of BF2 and it was  artifacting.... the max the core temp got to was 76. that seems pretty hot to me....

suggestions?
76°C is fine for any 8 series card. They are supposed to be rated to 100°C but I wouldn't play with anything over 80°C.

Your card is factory overclocked? One thing you could try is downclocking to stock speeds.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

aimless wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

suggestions?
76°C is fine for any 8 series card. They are supposed to be rated to 100°C but I wouldn't play with anything over 80°C.

Your card is factory overclocked? One thing you could try is downclocking to stock speeds.
yer its factory OC'd. kk ill try that....
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
theres a option to turn up fan or something. should i do that?
aimless
+166|6143|Texas

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

You can try. I turned up my fan from 29 to 100% and dropped 10°C.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

aimless wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

will that wear out my fan or card or anything>?
aimless
+166|6143|Texas

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

aimless wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

No. Fans are made to spin at 100%. The only reason they don't run full speed is because of noise. People like quiet pc's.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

aimless wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

aimless wrote:

No. Fans are made to spin at 100%. The only reason they don't run full speed is because of noise. People like quiet pc's.
ok. well i downclocked still still happening on BF2... but i tried COD4 and Crysis... no problems at all...

is it possible that its a BF2 thing? should i try reinstalling or something?

ill turn fan up anyway
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6426|Somersetshire
would this be counted as artifacting?
i thought it was really weird because i've never seen it before, but it was on the wookie sniper nod

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9392 … 016gv1.jpg
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

Tehremos wrote:

i thought it was really weird because i've never seen it before, but it was on the wookie sniper nod

was it just that once... or does it happen often?
Metallicatt
Little Baby Jesus,

Try my fix above...
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6426|Somersetshire

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

was it just that once... or does it happen often?
first time i've ever seen it, but i think in vanilla bf2 that tree and bush is in the red zone
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

Metallicatt wrote:

Little Baby Jesus,

Try my fix above...
ok. but first.

i just remembered it only started after i accidently left BF2 running for about 30-35 hours.

so soon im gonna shut computer down and just leave it for awhile. if that doesnt work ill try ur fix... and if that doesnt work ill reinstall BF2... cuz it looks like it isnt a hardware issue
Metallicatt
So, just to clarify, you got a new card and BF2 was working fine with it, until after u left it running?

OR, the problem has been happening since u put in the new card?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard