• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • 40 hour laptop batteries possible in the next few years.
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6376|Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://tech.yahoo.com/news/nf/57832
the Stanford researchers have shown that by using silicon nanowires as the battery anode instead of today's graphite, the amount of lithium the anode can hold is extended tenfold.
Basically these scientists have found a way of increasing the capacity of modern lithium batteries tenfold and say the technology could be available to us within the next few years.

Last edited by SilentscoutIX (2008-01-17 18:40:19)

tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6136|Texas
Badass. I hope this applies to all portable electronics, like MP3 players and cell phones
adam1503
+85|6377|Manchester, UK

GGF0RCE wrote:

Badass. I hope this applies to all portable electronics, like MP3 players and cell phones
It should do... i would think.
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6376|Vancouver, BC, Canada

adam1503 wrote:

GGF0RCE wrote:

It should do... i would think.
Indeed it would, the discovery applies to all lithium batteries. It was simply that example that they, and I in turn, used to show the capabilities possible from this.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6401|Michigan, USA

Can't wait for this to come about - I'm always dragging around my power cable since my laptop seems to die to quickly

Imagine, a laptop with one of these new batteries, and coming with components that can easily play Crysis on the highest level!  Totally on my wish list
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6605|UCF
Toshiba made a battery that can be charged in 15 minutes, a laptop battery.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • 40 hour laptop batteries possible in the next few years.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard