Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

HARTFORD, Conn. -- A toddler has died from a severe head injury he suffered when his baby sitter swung him around in a sleeping bag for fun and it accidentally hit a wall, Hartford police said.

http://www.wfsb.com/newsarchive/15040483/detail.html

Elijah Gasque, who was just barely 19 months old, was brain dead at about noon at Connecticut Children's Medical Center after being injured Friday evening in his home on Main Street, police said. The boy was kept on life support overnight as doctors prepared his body for organ donation.

The baby sitter, Yalines Torres, 25, of Hartford, was charged with risk of injury to a minor and reckless endangerment early Saturday morning before the boy died. Police said additional charges were expected. She remains held on a $500,000 bond.

The boy's mother, who is single and works during the day, met Torres because they live in the same building. Neighbors said the charges came as a surprise.

"She was very good with kids," said Guillermo Romero, a neighbor.

"When I see her with her kids, they seemed perfectly fine. So, you would trust her as a mother," said Darnell Evans, a neighbor.

Other residents who live in the same building said Torres recently broke up with her boyfriend and required medical attention for depression.

The boy's grandmother, Debra Needham, told Eyewitness News that her daughter regrets leaving her son with Torres.

"She put my grandson in a sleeping bag and she swung it around her head and she let it go and let his head hit the metal door frame, fracturing his rear skull," Needham said.

Hartford police Sgt. Edward Yergeau told The Hartford Courant that the incident was an accident and Torres was not trying to harm the child.

"(The boy's mother) is going through every emotion of grief. She's up there still clinging to his bedside until they take him to the (operating room)," Needham said. "She can't leave. She feels like she's leaving her baby again."

I thought this story was a joke at first. Wow!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
Stupid bitch.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6479|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I read about this a couple of days ago. It is tragic, the should put her ass in a sleeping bag and swig it around and let go.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6334|Atlanta, Georgia
:*(
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
Sad accident.  It'd be nice if the family didn't press charges sighting it as a very tragic accident.  I fault the mother for working and having to hire caregivers for her children as underlying contribution.

SgtHeihn wrote:

I read about this a couple of days ago. It is tragic, the should put her ass in a sleeping bag and swig it around and let go.
I'd say that if it was on purpose, but it doesn't look like it.  Older siblings and parents do dumb things like this too.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-01-17 11:52:46)

GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6778|Anaheim, CA

That sucks, it was just an accident, I imagine the kid was having fun laughing and screaming, until that happened.  Then there was screaming.  But no laughing.
topal63
. . .
+533|6711

Kmarion wrote:

... he suffered when his baby sitter swung him around in a sleeping bag for fun and it accidentally hit a wall, ...
I am an asshole. I laughed when I read that the first time.
NantanCochise
+55|5971|Portugal/United States

SgtHeihn wrote:

You got that right.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America

topal63 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

... he suffered when his baby sitter swung him around in a sleeping bag for fun and it accidentally hit a wall, ...
Dude, me too! I was reluctant to post that first though, so instead I'll jump on this bandwagon
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

How retarded do you have to be to swing a child around in a sleeping bag that's only a year and a half old?
Master*
Banned
+416|6487|United States

FatherTed wrote:

Stupid bitch.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

DesertFox- wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Dude, me too! I was reluctant to post that first though, so instead I'll jump on this bandwagon
I heard about this on the Phile Hendrie show. He is the guy who has fake guest on his program to get people pissed off and call in making fools of themselves. The fake guest are actually Phil Hendrie changing his voice (basically he is talking to himself). It's funny as hell but sadly most people don't get the concept.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Click here to listen to HulaBalls.
This is an excerpt from what I was listening to. Use Internet Explorer if media player wont play.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
topal63
. . .
+533|6711

Kmarion wrote:

Click here to listen to HulaBalls.
This is an excerpt from what I was listening to. Use Internet Explorer if media player wont play.
Zip-lock kid, kid-in-a-bag, child-sack, 3-sacks-full, multi-bags! OMG...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Dude Phil Hendrie is hilarious.  I love when people call in and bitch at him and his "guests".  It's so great, it's what really makes the show.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-01-17 13:29:10)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Crazy muslims.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dude Phil Hendrie is hilarious.  I love when people call in and bitch at him and his "guests".  It's so great, it's what really makes the show.
I've been a fan for a long time. You are one of the few people I have met that heard it and get it . I can just read the show topics and lol.

Dave Oliva
Dave feels that with all we’ve done for the handicapped, giving up their parking spots this holiday season is the least they can do.

Rudy Canosa of Je T'aime Lingerie joins the program to talk about his honesty policy, he doesn't sell lingerie to women that look like a clown wearing it.

Margaret Gray calls in to discuss Tookie Williams' funeral. She believes George W. Bush blew it by not showing up. Phil plays a flashback called "flaming baby Jesus," featuring Pastor Rennick from 12/11/01.

Vernon Dozier's wife has been in a coma for the last 2 years. He wants to honor her families wishes by keeping the feeding tube in her but the bills are piling up and he has recently started dating a 30 something flight attendant/tennis player who is "high maintenance."

Mr. Greene plans to sue the black members of Congress for slave reparations owed to his family... who lost money when they had to free their slaves
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6630|Amsterdam, NY

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Do they have real guest's on his new radio show anymore?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

SgtSlauther wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Do they have real guest's on his new radio show anymore?
Yes, but he has become more of a talk show host now. Less comedy more commentary. He comes on real late on the east coast. I usually have to snag it the next day.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

His best of cd's are nothing but people flipping out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5976|Perth, indian ocean
Ugh. Stupid girl.
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6736|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
very stupid unfortunate accident
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6372|MN

mtb0minime wrote:

How retarded do you have to be to swing a child around in a sleeping bag that's only a year and a half old?
Do you have kids?  I know a lot of people that swing their children around in a lot of different things.  Laundry baskets, sheets, sleeping bags, etc.  Doesn't matter that the child was only 1.5 years old.

Kids love it and as long as you don't ram them into anything, all is well.

Tragic accident in my opinion.

Last edited by LividBovine (2008-01-17 17:26:30)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command
Rip
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA
I believe if this was truly an accident and this woman was as good with the kids as she is made out to be, then there will be no punishment greater than what she is doing to herself.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6372|MN

ATG wrote:

Rip
Yes, a possibilty.  Everything has possible bad outcomes.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard