Eugefunk84
+48|6540
do they missiles that the choppers fire actually do anything or are they just for show? I keep listening for the sound of the missiles firing, but I never see a chopper kill after that. The fuckin miniguns clean house though!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

I think it is just for show. It's actually a good warning that there is a chopper flying over your head.

So far the weirdest experience I've had was when I called a chopper in, and was then promptly teamswitched. The chopper was even red on my mini map. I'm not sure if it was getting kills or not, after being teamswitched I was spawned in the middle of another firefight.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6162|Vancouver | Canada
I swear I saw it kill someone once..
Lynx14
+41|5977
Indeed I think its a viable weapon but the odds of you getting hit by one are very rare. One rocket exploded about 5 or more feet away from me something like that and I got injured a bit. Hope this answers your question.
Defiance
+438|6677

I've seen it hit the ground only a few times, other times it fires randomly through the sky.

Haven't seen it kill someone yet though, not sure if it shows a different icon though.
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel
I was killed by missile, it looks like chopper kill, but when you watch a killcam it shows chopper fireing a missle and the rest you see from inside the missle(missle cam like in bf2). Verry cool.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6525|Adelaide, South Australia

A guy on my team once claimed to have a screenie of himself getting owned by a rocket. Other than that, I've never even heard about deaths by chopper rockets.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6292|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Lisik wrote:

I was killed by missile, it looks like chopper kill, but when you watch a killcam it shows chopper fireing a missle and the rest you see from inside the missle(missle cam like in bf2). Verry cool.
Lies

Pics or it didn't happen
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel

FloppY_ wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Lies

Pics or it didn't happen
lol i dont have, but belive me one day you will see it is true!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6626|Mhz

I think I've been killed by them once, heard the choper firing the rocket, there was an explosion and I died, of course it could be something else exploding and I just got killed by the choppers guns, we'll never know lol, it deffinatly doesn't aim them at anything, it's just piss poor luck if you happen to get hit by them I think.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
It killed me yesterday.
rub
+3|6123
the more i hear about CoD4 the more i am sure i will never buy it!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK

rub wrote:

the more i hear about CoD4 the more i am sure i will never buy it!
we care why?
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6005|Rexburg, Idaho
I've definately been killed by a missle.

and like Lisik wrote, the kill cam shows the chopper fire the missle, and the rest of the kill cam follows the missle (like in bf2) 'till it hits the ground and kills you.

quite interesting.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
It's cos the gunner is 'ub3r sick' and the pilot is just a moron.
Shakez
+39|6176
I've been killed by a missile once and saw it in the death cam.
trackstarr
+18|6707|Swing and a miss
It worked in beta
i remember i got my ass blown up by it once

Last edited by trackstarr (2008-01-16 23:18:52)

l41e
+677|6654

Well, I've almost been killed by that Mosin 2-5 in the singleplayer campaign, if that counts. Fired a rocket into the embankment right next to me.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6751|The Island of Carls Jr.
Ive been killed by a rocket from a chopper only once.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6372|California
The day I get killed by one or see someone get killed by it I will cry in tears for me or that person. but I haven't played CoD4 in a while...
Everytime I log on to MP CoD4, my internet dies for some reason then comes back after like 5 minutes.com

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard