Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng
i hate the M249 SAW, the RPK and PKM are both much better. I hate it because whenever i seem to use it, i prone, start shooting, and not one bullet hits the target. The PKM is brilliant because it has such a slow rate of fire that you can fire it one shot at a time (more accurate) and the RPK is good because it seems to be so accurate when i use it (once i called someone with one shot to the head at about 100m away!!! The MG36 is a good gun but i do not use it because it does not sound powerful, it sounds a bit poofy, and therefore misses the point of having a fuck off huge gun with bullets bigger than most guys dicks!!
That is all.

Please +1 me
#rekt
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

i hate the M249 SAW, the RPK and PKM are both much better. I hate it because whenever i seem to use it, i prone, start shooting, and not one bullet hits the target. The PKM is brilliant because it has such a slow rate of fire that you can fire it one shot at a time (more accurate) and the RPK is good because it seems to be so accurate when i use it (once i called someone with one shot to the head at about 100m away!!! The MG36 is a good gun but i do not use it because it does not sound powerful, it sounds a bit poofy, and therefore misses the point of having a fuck off huge gun with bullets bigger than most guys dicks!!
That is all.

Please +1 me
Indeed. The m249 saw, in the right hands, owns any of those LMG's. And please don't ask for karma, cause you wont get any that way.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
Best LMG hands down.

RPK
MeanMachine77
+25|6279
hmm...

speaking of speed it would be the furious speed of one .50 cal round leaving my M95 muzzle, directly head-bound to someone who just stood still an instant too long...

speaking of damage i would go for the russian-type LMGs.
love the moments when a squads pops in front of my sights because they respawn on the squadleader (honorable, but sometimes deadly...)
thehootman
+1|6290|Sydney
More like one l96a1 round. Far far more accurate (excluding crosshairs) and does the same damage to a person as the m95. If you are shooting people and dont have the l961 use the m24. M95 is pointless unless you like taking out chopper pilots.

Also what about the jackhammer? Ummm i think that wastes anyone pointblank before they can do anything.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
A good Sniper can easily take out a 100% healthed enemy with one headshot as soon as he's spotted him. Much more effective that blasting a gun if you are looking for cover.
thehootman
+1|6290|Sydney
I can usually do that if they are stationary, otherwise its 2 shots (if 100%). When I shoot from one side of wake to the other, I find its pretty much pointless trying for headshots. You also should never be seen, thats the real skill. Once the enemy spots you you should move...or die.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

thehootman wrote:

More like one l96a1 round. Far far more accurate (excluding crosshairs) and does the same damage to a person as the m95.
That's not really the case unless you're only talking about headshots. There are dozens of prior threads that cover this but check the Wiki for the basic info: http://wiki.bf2s.com/

thehootman wrote:

If you are shooting people and dont have the l961 use the m24.
If they're available. No option in SF sometimes in case you didn't know.

thehootman wrote:

M95 is pointless unless you like taking out chopper pilots.
The M95 takes all classes, armoured or not, down to 2 bars if you don't get a headshot (stupid BF2 problems ignored). The M24 and L96A1 cut armoured classes down to 40% health with a body hit.

So there's a significant advantage for combat snipers in the M95, if they can get used to it, since it makes for easier rifle/pistol combos... bread and butter up close for most CQB players. Plus of course the uniform high wounding is useful in a multi-person firefight to get more kill assists on any class of enemy.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6715|Germany
The F18's board cannon.
Neva experienced anything better....
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6501|Valley of the Dragons

Todd_Angelo wrote:

thehootman wrote:

M95 is pointless unless you like taking out chopper pilots.
The M95 takes all classes, armoured or not, down to 2 bars if you don't get a headshot (stupid BF2 problems ignored). The M24 and L96A1 cut armoured classes down to 40% health with a body hit.
To be precise; the M24 & L96A1 take a Class wearing body armor down to 37.3% health.

The damage done by the .50 rounds (M95) on targets wearing body armor is different from the .308 (M24 & L96A1) or small arms as they are called in the material_damage chart ...

https://shormanm.home.mchsi.com/damage-mod.jpg

... the M95 always does 0.5 x 190 = 95 damage to an Infantry target, regardless of body armor.
... the M24 & L96A1 do  1.0 x 95 = 95 damage to an unarmored Infantry target
... the M24 & L96A1 do  0.66 x 95 = 62.7 damage to an armored Infantry target

Source: BF2 Weapons Chart by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

Jemme101 wrote:

To be precise; the M24 & L96A1 take a Class wearing body armor down to 37.3% health.
Always wondered if 40% was a rounded figure. Thanks, good to know.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6501|Valley of the Dragons

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Jemme101 wrote:

Always wondered if 40% was a rounded figure. Thanks, good to know.
Same here, until [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1 made an update in his thread about the material variables
d3x74
+14|6647|NY
USMC pump action shotgun, one shot one kill. Its like bingo, it has 50+ balls and fucks you up real good.
l41e
+677|6648

d3x74 wrote:

USMC pump action shotgun, one shot one kill. Its like bingo, it has 50+ balls and fucks you up real good.
8 < 50.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

d3x74 wrote:

USMC pump action shotgun... it has 50+ balls...
I think you're confusing buckshot with birdshot
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
The gunship chaingun when i use it to poke the enemy in the eye

wing-kills are back !

EDIT: Darnit.. yet again ShawN_ forgot to check which section he was in......... i'm talking 2142

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-05-14 13:40:38)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

Simon wrote:

Best LMG Gun hands down.

RPK
I fixed it for you
StarvinMarvin
+7|6155

k30dxedle wrote:

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Oh ya, and uhh, I don't know if you noticed this, but 1 shot to the head with ANY gun is a fucking kill.
Oh wait, you're wrong. Maybe before (repeatedly) flaming someone with "facts", you should check your so-called "facts", hmm? (Don't take me too seriously - after all, wrong > right.) Any gun with a damage of 100/3 or more  will kill in a single shot to the head. In other words, the...

MP-444
92FS
QSZ-92
PP-19
MP5A3
Type 85
P90
MP7
AKS-74U
M4
QBZ-95
HK53A3
SCAR-L
FAMAS F1
G36C
G36E
G36K
MG36
M16A2
M249
QBB-95

and

HK21E

...do not kill in one shot to the head.
hold up don't headshots quadruple the damage?
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada

bagpiper9000 wrote:

i think the USMC shotgun, that pump one it is not good at long shots but in very close fire. it pwned alot of peeps, but it takes a wile to reload so keep your handgun close so you can draw it and pop some caps in peeps.

True True; all you need is a single pump. at least one pellet needs to hit the head and 2 on the chest/arms and its over................OHH YA HOW ABOUT THE SCRAW!?!? LOL

StarvinMarvin, i think for bf2, headshot= 3X damge, do i stand corrected?  i am sure its 3X, therefore the m16a2 would not give a "one hit kill" depsite hitting the head.
EDIT: therefore you need a rifle that does 34 damage to actually get a "one hit kill" to the head

Last edited by agent146 (2007-08-10 00:21:08)

Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6396
RPK!
I hate the people who can actually use that one. If one support guy is lying on the ground aiming at you and you go prone too you'll have a big chance of losing if you don't give him a headshot really fast ( M16A2 ) and since the M16 doesn't kill people with 1 shot it's kind of annoying.

Last edited by Komet.nl (2007-08-10 00:22:40)

[Spec]erik_hobag
+0|6127
I would have to say that the gun that pwns the fastest is the howitzer. *arty*
StarvinMarvin
+7|6155
oh yeah, and my two cents are as follows:

i understand the sentiment of "unlocks are for nubs" and i also agree with the "you rape with unlocks so go for it" mentality.  if you feel that unlocks give you an advantage, then by all means go for it, but there is no need to prove 1337-ness by using stock guns.  personally i prefer the stock guns to unlocks, mostly due to the feel of the stock weapons.  also, in the long run you can't really tell which set is better because i've seen guys tear up servers with both stock and unlocked guns.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6303|The | Netherlands
MK3A1 Jackhammer, automatic shotgun.
martinez
+5|5980|Worcester, MA
Scar 11 Ar

uuppss wrong section *srry

Last edited by martinez (2008-01-17 06:52:33)

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6746|Mexico City
Easy,
Tank shell in the face  -> 100+ damage (but can get revived)
Bomb in your head     -> 100++ damage (but can get revived ????)

is nice to see that a pair of shock paddles are able to join back body parts and make a pulverized body go back to life....

And the bestest:
AT rocket up your arze-> Not even e-god can bring you back

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2008-01-17 07:24:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard