steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon
since the WCR has a hefty commander point requirement, what is the formula for getting the most pts as commander?  besides winning the round (duh!) what server conditions let you score biggest?  few players, long rounds?  IO, full servers?  fighting vs. not?  i know a few of u are experts out there... whats your secret?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6295|The | Netherlands
IO, don't fight, commander/spam/spot all the time. Make sure you are on the better team of the 2, just do your job, get your bonus x2 and voila
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6147|Vancouver, BC, Canada
What DO you get points for as Commander, I used to play solely commander and pull off 0vwer 100/round, but now(after a 2 month bf break) I try to play, and I can barely hit 50...
What are the things that score points?
Balok77
+28|6140

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

What DO you get points for as Commander, I used to play solely commander and pull off 0vwer 100/round, but now(after a 2 month bf break) I try to play, and I can barely hit 50...
What are the things that score points?
low player 24/7 karkand servers, change to the better team, reap the rewards of upwards of 200 points
LethalBIZzle
+7|5951|UK
i hate being beaten by comanders. doesnt happen often though.
steelie34
pub hero!
so, IO, low player counts, no fighting = big pts?  (and big zzzzzz's?)
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK

steelie34 wrote:

since the WCR has a hefty commander point requirement, what is the formula for getting the most pts as commander?  besides winning the round (duh!) what server conditions let you score biggest?  few players, long rounds?  IO, full servers?  fighting vs. not?  i know a few of u are experts out there... whats your secret?
I thought you were retiring your Steelie account, or was that just to get our attention and beg you to keep it?

Anyway, low players, IO thats that, DON'T fight.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6295|The | Netherlands

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

I thought you were retiring your Steelie account, or was that just to get our attention and beg you to keep it?

Don't you attack Steelie you retard. Mister expert whiner.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5988
Time.

Playing on specific servers may increase your count of points by 5 or so a round, but at the end of the day it just takes a lot of time to get the req.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK

3lmo wrote:

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Don't you attack Steelie you retard. Mister expert whiner.
Name 3 times i whined.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

My advice to you is command every single round you play and don't fall out of the habit of being commander!

I was on a roll and commanding a whole lot, but then I decided to stop (was getting too many kicks for fighting commander even though I was still doing a great job ) and now I'm having trouble getting back into it. It's so boring, I know. The points will come easy if you just get in the habit of playing commander, and before you know it, Bam! WCR for you.
steelie34
pub hero!

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

im so close to all the little e-awards... cant quit now.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK

steelie34 wrote:

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

im so close to all the little e-awards... cant quit now.
Yeah, pixels rule, i've stopped playing for awards now, i just play for fun.
            ^
            Friendly tone.
steelie34
pub hero!
im only doing it so i can post in one of bennets threads.  hes my hero
steelie34
pub hero!
dont hijack threads.

/ban
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5991|Aberdeen, Scotland
Commander points are derived from your team's score...someone did have the exact formula but I can't remember it, it's basically an average.

What I do know for sure...

The commander does not earn himself points directly. Spotting + answering requests doesn't give you more points.

It's in your interest to help your team earn points, so help them as best you can, but if your team are a bunch of chumps you won't get many points.

Also use arty sparingly...especially if you are winning anyway. Any kills you make with arty earn you 0 points, aswell as denying your teammates more points, thus costing you commander points. Same with fighting...try to avoid it if possible, as you will actually reduce your potential score.
Jlspence
+4|6659
Since the commander score is SOLELY made up of commander points (2x for the win), the best thing to do is NOT fight in any way, shape or form.  You get no points for team actions nor kills while commanding.   

1. Always command for the winning team.  Check out servers ahead of time (server browser, BF2 tracker, Game-monitor.com, etc.) and join when you'll be on the winning side.  You DON'T want to be on a vastly superior team that dominates though.  You want the teams to be at least somewhat close.

2. Play on 64 player servers that are about half full or less.  You want lots of team points, which means the flags are changing hands repeatedly.

3. Generally, IO servers result in more points; however, commanding in them is more boring. 

I've got just over 1000 points to go to get to 25,000.

Last edited by Jlspence (2008-01-16 13:20:24)

Slarty
+37|5957|Ingerland

MrAnderson wrote:

Commander points are derived from your team's score...someone did have the exact formula but I can't remember it, it's basically an average.
I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know the answer myself, but if that WAS the case, how could you achieve a higher score than any of your team mates, something which I've done and see happen regularly....
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
Get on the US server, and ask me, Doomed, Cable and San4 to get on the same team as you so that we crush the other team and you get a shit load of points. Also go onto waaaay under populated servers, ones with only like six guys in them, this is because the commader's score increases every time the team's average score increases.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6118|So Cal

steelie34 wrote:

so, IO, low player counts, no fighting = big pts?  (and big zzzzzz's?)
please make sure to never commander for me :p
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
Do your damn job. Learn to command effectively, encourage teamwork, and find the best way to make people squad up.

Supply crates on armour whores, quick trips in jeeps to fix assets, and use of commending squads.
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6736|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
got my WCR last year
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5991|Aberdeen, Scotland

Slarty wrote:

I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know the answer myself, but if that WAS the case, how could you achieve a higher score than any of your team mates, something which I've done and see happen regularly....
I can promise you it is the case...commanders on winning teams often get the gold because they get that command score doubled

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Do your damn job. Learn to command effectively, encourage teamwork, and find the best way to make people squad up.

Supply crates on armour whores, quick trips in jeeps to fix assets, and use of commending squads.
Except none of that makes any difference unless your team knows what they are doing. Doing all that shit won't automatically give you points...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
No, but it helps them give you some and encourages them to listen.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone
Full servers (64 players) we get you a lower in game score but a higher SPM.
IO is more or less stat padding, so if all you care about is points go there.
Karkand is the point whore map, so command there.
Do as little for your team as possible but enough to ensuring you win... (yes do nothing will likely get you more points then helping them). Its an arsehole thing to do, and if you did it in my game I would mutiny and vote kick you but I really don't think you care...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard