morbesso666
+0|6765|Givataim, Israel

lavadisk wrote:

morbesso666 wrote:

That's absolutely not mashtuur.
Damn I though the game would ultimate game of all time including the next 5 years.
Ahhhhhhhh the disillusionationss
sush and play it. i play it with low fps on low gfx.

if you all learn how to not care about all these "problems" then you wont care BUT the 1.2 will adress like an awesome amount of problems
Won't solve the many stupid technical problems the game has.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6705|SE Pennsylvania

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Bingo wrote:

How the hell can you say it's not Mashtuur?
Can you tell me where exactly that spot is on Mashtuur?
It's the spot right outside where the MEC's scan and arty is.  I believe the base is called "the hotel" or something.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6742|United States

airborne916 wrote:

Bingo wrote:

Yeah, that's Mashtuur, buddy.
omg
Thats Mashtuur, buddy.
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6714|asshole of the planet, NM, USA

Aquafina wrote:

lordgeno wrote:

my graphics look like that
Right...
When I try to turn my settings up to medium, the game like...slows down.
2.5 GHz Processor
ATI radeon 9550
3x 512 sticks of ram
Sound Blaster 24Bit
I am going to upgrade up to a 6600GT and 3.2 GHZ. If I can, I will talk my dad into getting me a 6800GT. It will last me a year or two.
I'm runnin a 3.2 GHz processor
EVGA 7800 GT
2 gigs ram
just onboard sound

gonna get another 7800 GT and run it in SLI mode. 

I went to tweakguides.com and got the tweak guide for bf2, and it helped out alot.  I'm gettin like 50-60 fps, the settings are a prettymuch even split between high and medium.  I'd post pics, but they're big, like 3.2 megs each 'cause i can't get them in jpeg with fraps 'cause i'm not payin for the program, just usin the free version.
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live
It's a very accurate representation of what happens in the game--the guys walking on the right side of the tank are going to bump into it, die, and punish the tank driver for TKing them. ;-)
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6807|The planet Tophet

Bingo wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Bingo wrote:

It's the spot right outside where the MEC's scan and arty is.  I believe the base is called "the hotel" or something.
your right

Last edited by *TS*tphai (2006-02-12 19:35:21)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.

Bingo wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Bingo wrote:

no its not. unless if i play a different version...
jnick
+22|6783
It's DEFINTELY not Mashtuur. I urge you to get in game and look for that area. It's non existant.

Also, since when has there ever been two M1A1 on Mashtuur . . ?

Last edited by jnick (2006-02-12 19:44:47)

Rizen_Ji
+41|6737|200m out and smiling at you.
that's a composite of mashtuur and karkand guys, recognize those buildings on the left, remind u of a certain area near the square flag?

and then the ramp is on mashtuur that leads to a building with that sign on it.

that red sign written in arabic i think also makes an appearance on the hotel in oman.
Metallica-66
+0|6650|USA
If cutscenes were false advertising, then, practically every game would be false advertising.

Cutscenes don't look like the game usually unless the cutscene is really taken from the game.
josh's
Banned
+2|6690

morbesso666 wrote:

Remember this? At the first trailers of BF2?
http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/b … full10.jpg
where the hell is it???
Also, what about the developer showing a map that looks lik Kubra Dam, with a truck still working there and driving (non-combatant)? Where the fuck is all this????? All the pretty that it looked.
it looks think the entrance to war loard on sf kinda but whith only 1 m1a2
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
'course its photoshopped, all pre release screens are for the most part.  And did anyone realize that it could be an early draft of mashtuur?  No, it couldn't be!!
Smiley
+1|6658|Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Sorry that map is not in BF2 currently.

Ive done hours of tanking on all maps and have never seen that area on any.

I wish it was it looks awesome though.
maclennan101
+2|6739
The advertising of the game will always show the best parts (even if the final product does not contain them) as the photo shows. These shots are pre lauch and not finished product. as for the graphics the picture does not do them any credit
Azygos666
+0|6710
mine look close...but then again im running a 64 AMD dual core 4200 and Nvidia's Geforce 7800 GT dual's...so that might help.    Only 1 gb of ram though so meh.  But yeah it is still looking like a promo map.

-Wolf
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Heptoid wrote:

That'll be what the 360 version looks like.....
no it wont... the 360 has no AA in it... so when u play COD 2, its pure crap and u can see jagged lines. thats what happened when i saw one at best buy. u know how that pic looks better? lighting always help...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
morbesso666
+0|6765|Givataim, Israel

Rizen_Ji wrote:

that's a composite of mashtuur and karkand guys, recognize those buildings on the left, remind u of a certain area near the square flag?

and then the ramp is on mashtuur that leads to a building with that sign on it.

that red sign written in arabic i think also makes an appearance on the hotel in oman.
It's not arabic.
It's in arabic letters, but if I translate it its like: dhj daskas dhl bodfjgh
Aswell as all things written in arabic.
You don't need to know much arabic to know that.
OmS-NAS
+1|6762|Oslo, Norway
i think theyve used warlord as base.

if you look from us uncappable on the wiki image below,and look up the road to the left, you will find somthing similar.

http://wiki.bf2s.com/_media/maps/warlor … ache=cache
FrEaK
+1|6784|Finland

Aquafina wrote:

lordgeno wrote:

Right...
2.5 GHz Processor
ATI radeon 9550
3x 512 sticks of ram
Sound Blaster 24Bit
I am going to upgrade up to a 6600GT and 3.2 GHZ. If I can, I will talk my dad into getting me a 6800GT. It will last me a year or two.
LOL so u have 1,5 gigs of ram and u cant turn your settings to medium?
I have 780 megas of ram and my settings are on medium-high
ooPSeH
+0|6650

Aquafina wrote:

lordgeno wrote:

Right...
2.5 GHz Processor
ATI radeon 9550
3x 512 sticks of ram
Sound Blaster 24Bit
I have 2 x 7800GTXs in SLI + factory overclocked , 4800+ Athlon x2 running at 2500Mhz per core and I have everything max'ed up and it DOESN'T look like that!!

Oh and its the start of Warlord from the SAS end of the map.  They have changed the Army to USMC and stuck the tanks on to fill the image.  + you can bet there will be 32 MEC stood at the top of there all with AT + a TK for one of the drivers as he accidently runs over the infantry.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

ever bought a hamburger at McDonald's ? Do they look like anything they advertise ?

And who gives a shit wether it is Mashuut, Karkand, Oman ? That picture is pre-launch and most likely not any of the maps we have in the game today.

It was put there for the sole purpose to get people interested in ( buying ) the game.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA

Bingo wrote:

Because its Warlord. It where the Brits come up into the city beside the parking deck.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6717

FrEaK wrote:

Aquafina wrote:

lordgeno wrote:

Right...
2.5 GHz Processor
ATI radeon 9550
3x 512 sticks of ram
Sound Blaster 24Bit
LOL so u have 1,5 gigs of ram and u cant turn your settings to medium?
I have 780 megas of ram and my settings are on medium-high
the problem on his configuration is his GFX card not the ram
l41e
+677|6650

Umm, why are people saying it's Warlord?

The SAS does NOT have fugging M1A2s.

Looks to me like the ramp and the front building are from Mashtuur City, the weird angled building in the middle is from Karkand (but the sign on top is from the Gulf of Oman hotel?), and everything in the background isn't in any of the maps.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6789|Hanging onto the UAV

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Bingo wrote:

Because its Warlord. It where the Brits come up into the city beside the parking deck.
Jesus Christ:

For the LAST time: this map does not exist. It's a promo screenshot, either an early map or a photoshopped piece.

It is NOT Warlord (the colours are wrong, there's 2 M1A2 tanks and the troops are USMC. Plus the road is too narrow), and it certainly isn't Mashtuur.

Stop. Talking. About. This. Now.

Last edited by AnarkyXtra (2006-02-14 08:05:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard