Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Major blow to Fraps, if it's successful. It's in beta, I'm about to try it out.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6495|Sydney, Australia
Wasn't this posted before? I tried it, it didn't work at all. Has anyone else tried it?
pirate7474
Oh noes!
+11|5999|USA
yeah but it was posted in everything else...not in tech
Brasso
+1,549|6630

Sorry, my title wasn't descriptive.  But yeah the same topic.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
Thats great... now there will be more pointless videos of Sniper skillz and...I'm the most amazing pilot vids...lol

it will be interesting to see if it uses less resources than fraps...?
Love is the answer
Brasso
+1,549|6630

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

My question exactly; Fraps eats up FPS like a fat kid eats caek.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6619|Medford, WI

haffeysucks wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

i'd say when I record I get like maybe 7-8 fps
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6545|Flower Mound, TX
So how do you use it or activate it? I thought this update would be pointless so I just closed out of the ie box it opened.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I wouldn't go for it in beta.
However, I'm for sure going to try out the release of the finished version though.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

CosmoKramer wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

i'd say when I record I get like maybe 7-8 fps
Oh Christ, forget that then...

shadowcell_01 wrote:

So how do you use it or activate it? I thought this update would be pointless so I just closed out of the ie box it opened.
Scroll Lock + V
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6741|OctoLand
Just used it...its slightly better than fraps, but still eats up a chunk of my FPS.
I know fucking karate
Brasso
+1,549|6630

justice wrote:

Just used it...its slightly better than fraps, but still eats up a chunk of my FPS.
  Bad news.

edit: well, good news is it's still a beta.  so maybe they can iron out the bugs and perhaps get it to eat less resources.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-01-14 16:15:21)

ReTox
+100|6499|State of RETOXification
It doesn't matter... the shear amount of data that needs to be captured is going to kill frame rates no matter what.  No way around it except to  capture the video output from the card on another PC.  Then you're dealing with Digital-to-Analog conversion and back again so you lose fidelity.

It's just too much data.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya
i just used it... took bit of a chunk out of my FPS but i was still running at around 56 Fps so it wasnt to bad... less consuming than fraps (and its free )
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
This is useless...

It limits the FPS to 30 max... I can't play with that much lag. I get like 70 with Fraps because it doesn't limit it, but 30 with this...lame.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6724|Doncaster, England

CrazeD wrote:

This is useless...

It limits the FPS to 30 max... I can't play with that much lag. I get like 70 with Fraps because it doesn't limit it, but 30 with this...lame.
It's only a beta, it will get better.

I used it for about 15 seconds, it recorded fine(@30fps) full size and used nearly 600MB.

I tried to play it back using Xfire and it crashed, opened it with PowerDVD and it was fine.

I will be using this from now on, but half size.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
I tried it, it sucks it max captures at 30 FPS so as a result the vid isnt smooth + the size of vids are about the size of the moon. So unless they will add an option for an higher FPS capture and make the raw vids smaller than it might work.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
Its not as good as FRAPS but is fucking free and you're running XFire in the back ground anyway.
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6752|Estonia
vc good aadon for xfire , but still in-game chat aint work in game, uninstalled. installed, still nothing
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

CrazeD wrote:

This is useless...

I think useless is a tad overstating it, but i know what you mean ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard