Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

apollo_fi wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

As for the fuck you; thanks, highly appreciated from a guy who thinks a mobile is going to kill someone in hospital.
You're welcome. Please turn on your phone's GPRS or 3G mode when you're connected to a mechanical ventilator, a syringe pump or an external pacemaker.
Oh dear. Oh dear. You think 3G affects that?
Wow. Seriously. Go learn some things.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6537|The lunar module

Zimmer wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

As for the fuck you; thanks, highly appreciated from a guy who thinks a mobile is going to kill someone in hospital.
You're welcome. Please turn on your phone's GPRS or 3G mode when you're connected to a mechanical ventilator, a syringe pump or an external pacemaker.
I find your response lacks both articulation and content.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6739|St. Andrews / Oslo

apollo_fi wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

articualtion is oral, no?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

Jenspm wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

articualtion is oral, no?
Gah.

Eloquence. ELOQUENCE!

...damn. Shot me own leg...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

Really?

Why would I say such things without back up? I wouldn't.

And yes Jens, articulation is oral. My response didn't lack content because I thought you would have been smart enough to go search it on Google. It seems I was completely wrong.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

Zimmer wrote:

Really?

And yes Jens, articulation is oral. My response didn't lack content because I thought you would have been smart enough to go search it on Google. It seems I was completely wrong.
From 1: 'But there are certainly cases where cell phones pose a definite threat, and that’s been tested and documented.'

From 2: 'Therefore, FDA recommends that clinicians and other device users ... consider preventing known sources of interference (e.g., cellular phones, hand-held transceivers) from coming too close to patient monitors and other sensitive electronic medical devices.' 

3 misquotes its source.

It's not enough just to Google it, friend. Some reading comprehension is required, too.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6563|Brisbane, Aus

my phone doesn't have anything else to use if you can't make calls, so I turn it off anyway and go to my iPod

Last edited by Fenix14 (2008-01-15 16:17:42)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6296|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Yes, I use the offline/airplane/standalone mode. Usually, if I'm on a plane, I'm going somewhere without Verizon service anyway, so I turn it off completely.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
bf2gammer
+14|6227

Zimmer wrote:

Oh dear... you do know all this about mobile phones being used on a plane is bullshit. Right?
Using a mobile phone on a plane will make no difference to their radio communications and will not endanger the plane.
I've used it quite a few times. I am still here.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

apollo_fi wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Really?

From 1: 'But there are certainly cases where cell phones pose a definite threat, and that’s been tested and documented.'

From 2: 'Therefore, FDA recommends that clinicians and other device users ... consider preventing known sources of interference (e.g., cellular phones, hand-held transceivers) from coming too close to patient monitors and other sensitive electronic medical devices.' 

3 misquotes its source.

It's not enough just to Google it, friend. Some reading comprehension is required, too.
They "posed" threats. Past tense. A long time ago, when phones were analogue, they really did pose threats. But the recent discussions about it showed that interference DID happen, but not to a dangerous enough scale. It only affected the machine slightly when the phone was in 3 feet of it.
Here is the original article. It is quite interesting. I did read those articles, and your quotes don't prove or misprove my point. "Too close to the medical devices". Exactly. I never suggested using a mobile phone in close proximity to one while there is a patient there. A. It would be rude. B. That could happen. I know all that. But mobile phones are NOT dangerous in a hopsital. Lets get some things straight, if I use my mobile phone outside the operating theater or in the hallway, I will pose NO threat to anyone.
http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/in … 7&UID=

Now do you understand why I was posting that content? It was because I have no intentions of going into a patients room and phoning someone. Who would?
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

Zimmer wrote:

Now do you understand why I was posting that content? It was because I have no intentions of going into a patients room and phoning someone. Who would?
You seemed to insist, originally, that it's perfectly safe to use mobile phones in hospitals. Period.

IMO, 'erring on the side of caution' is the responsible option, when dealing with things that pose even a remote danger to other people's health or lives.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6691|Espoo, Finland

apollo_fi wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

You seemed to insist, originally, that it's perfectly safe to use mobile phones in hospitals. Period.

IMO, 'erring on the side of caution' is the responsible option, when dealing with things that pose even a remote danger to other people's health or lives.
That's how I look at it as well.
If there's the slightest change that somebody might suffer because I just had to make a call in a hospital, I won't do it.
Can't you just walk out side and make the call there? It's not like you need to put a whole lot of effort to it.
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.

apollo_fi wrote:

Hi.

Here's a big, royal Fuck You to all the idiots who disobey safety regulations in airplanes and hospitals.

I do not want to travel with you, and I do not want you to visit a hospital where someone I care about is being treated.

Thanks.
I sure hope I get on a flight with you.
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6676|Up North
Its perfectly fine to use it on a plane, and hospitals, thats why its called "Flight Mode" on some of the Models.

I work as an ATCT for Nokia.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6172

Dr.PhiL wrote:

Its perfectly fine to use it on a plane, and hospitals, thats why its called "Flight Mode" on some of the Models.

I got to say that I agree with you

so how come the newest phones have this mode if you're not even allowed to keep your cell phone turned on in a plane? I don't get it.

Last edited by suomalainen_äijä (2008-01-16 11:58:09)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6388|the land of bourbon
mp3 players are restricted during takeoff and landings only because the pilot may need to communicate with the passengers, since the flight attendants aren't able to walk around and tell you to listen up. 

as far as cell phone usage, i thought they were going to start loosening those restrictions.  In fact, i thought they were deveolping more ubiqutous coverage so you can use your phone throughout the duration of the flight.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6676|Up North
Thats just the Airlines safety rules, to be extra sure that the phones won't interfer with planes electronics, whether its on flight mode, or not..
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6691|Espoo, Finland

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

Dr.PhiL wrote:

I got to say that I agree with you

so how come the newest phones have this mode if you're not even allowed to keep your cell phone turned on in a plane? I don't get it.
It's still forbidden to have it turned on (online or offline) during take off or landing.
You're free to turn it back on once the seatbelt signal goes *bling* (i.e. when flight level has been reached)
Dersmikner
+147|6505|Texas
I was reading the plane crash thread and just remembered something:

I was on a HORRIBLE flight from Baltimore to Kansas City one time, I mean we were in some kind of freak storm that came out of nowhere, couldn't get over it, around it, or under it, and we were all strapped in, INCLUDING the staff, and I shit you not (I was in the very back row) the stewardess was sitting in that little chair they have in the back galley crying like a baby, and so was the male steward with her. They thought we were going down. I've never been in anything like it.

Anyway, it just occured to me that I have the answer to this question. The pilot actually got on the speaker after telling us earlier "we're clearly in a very serious situation here", and said "if you feel like you need to contact loved ones I'm going to allow the use of cellular phones".

I had forgotten about that.

When he said that I went into a straight fucking full-on panic. I can't believe he was that fucking stupid to say that. I mean at that point we were all pretty damned sure we were going to die. I'm sure he was trying to be a nice guy be Jesus Christ what a way to panic the passengers.

So, anyway, I guess that answers the question. They've got to be okay or dude wouldn't have told us we could use them in the middle of the wost friggin flight of all time.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5968|Washington DC

Dersmikner wrote:

I was reading the plane crash thread and just remembered something:

I was on a HORRIBLE flight from Baltimore to Kansas City one time, I mean we were in some kind of freak storm that came out of nowhere, couldn't get over it, around it, or under it, and we were all strapped in, INCLUDING the staff, and I shit you not (I was in the very back row) the stewardess was sitting in that little chair they have in the back galley crying like a baby, and so was the male steward with her. They thought we were going down. I've never been in anything like it.

Anyway, it just occured to me that I have the answer to this question. The pilot actually got on the speaker after telling us earlier "we're clearly in a very serious situation here", and said "if you feel like you need to contact loved ones I'm going to allow the use of cellular phones".

I had forgotten about that.

When he said that I went into a straight fucking full-on panic. I can't believe he was that fucking stupid to say that. I mean at that point we were all pretty damned sure we were going to die. I'm sure he was trying to be a nice guy be Jesus Christ what a way to panic the passengers.

So, anyway, I guess that answers the question. They've got to be okay or dude wouldn't have told us we could use them in the middle of the wost friggin flight of all time.
Conversely, maybe he figured you all were fucked so it didn't matter >.>
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

HurricaИe wrote:

Did you even read what I wrote?
Dersmikner
+147|6505|Texas
Touche Hurricane... Touche...

Either way it's about the most scared I've ever been, and that includes having had guns pointed at me.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5968|Washington DC

usmarine2005 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Did you even read what I wrote?
No I have USMarine-itis, I can't read anything you post...

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

HurricaИe wrote:

ummm..but you just....................
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

usmarine2005 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

ummm..but you just....................
I told him what you said.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard