Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6778|Bulgaria

ig wrote:

Evilhamburglar wrote:

im using XP pro....dang how come it can only do low for crysis? what sort of AGP card can i get that will do medium settings on crysis, or is there none?
none
i have an 8800gts 320 and i can barely run high
I have the same videocard and yes, i can barely run high too.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I have a PCI-e 7900GTO (512mb) and i can run Crysis on medium with a (at some times) decent framerate...

Too bad crysis only looks sexy on High
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6146
i have a 640 8800 GTS xxx xfx card and this runs Crysis on high JUST.. there is no way an AGP card of any sort will let you have a smooth game on med setting... this game so so demanding its not funny

don't waste your money....unless your happy just playing BF2

sell the rig you just bough and start again if you intend on playing Crysis.. IT REALLY IS THAT DEMANDING HONESTLY
xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6363|Netherlands tbh

aimless wrote:

Evilhamburglar wrote:

hmm well my monitor is 1440 x900 resolution, think it could handle medium at that res?
No.
1440 x 900 ~ 1280x1024... Same amount of pixels, so yes it could handle it at medium.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51

ig wrote:

it might on very low. definitely not medium high
Nope my 7600GT is low, that card will probably do fine on medium and maybe a tad of high somewhere
Brasso
+1,549|6622

xGj wrote:

aimless wrote:

Evilhamburglar wrote:

hmm well my monitor is 1440 x900 resolution, think it could handle medium at that res?
No.
1440 x 900 ~ 1280x1024... Same amount of pixels, so yes it could handle it at medium.
Exactly, which is why I'm assuming Medium.  Because I run Crysis on Medium but I have a 8600GTS.  The 7950 GT is just as good, if not better than my card.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Dragonclaw
+186|6296|Florida

RDMC wrote:

ig wrote:

Nope my 7600GT is low, that card will probably do fine on medium and maybe a tad of high somewhere
Really? I have the same card and on low I dont get any lag but I can put some settings on medium, if I put them all medium I get the odd 30 FPS which is annoying but playable.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6540|UK

Dragonclaw wrote:

RDMC wrote:

ig wrote:

Really? I have the same card and on low I dont get any lag but I can put some settings on medium, if I put them all medium I get the odd 30 FPS which is annoying but playable.
Still dependent on other components though, I never understood the relevance of people saying,

'OMGZ lie my card beat that'

Still, as far as the OP is concerned, me thinks you would be best on medium (in order to get a sustained smooth frame rate as much as possible).  The card is quick in it's own right, but the interface just isnt capable of putting that power down.

Martyn
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51

Dragonclaw wrote:

RDMC wrote:

ig wrote:

I am guessing you have a better CPU than me, mine is AMD Athlon 3800+, single core FTL!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

Note that you have a P4 Northwood CPU. 130nm, and even slower than the 90nm Prescotts. It will form a HUGE bottleneck. Especially since it's HT and only has 1MB L2.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Dragonclaw
+186|6296|Florida

RDMC wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

RDMC wrote:

I am guessing you have a better CPU than me, mine is AMD Athlon 3800+, single core FTL!
I have a 3.4GHZ P4 Prescott. Single core FTL indeed.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6188|Winland

Dragonclaw wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

I have a 3.4GHZ P4 Prescott. Single core FTL indeed.
I got a single core P4 at 3.0GHz. I win.

inb4 DU.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6372|the land of bourbon
i have a 8800gtx, 4gbs of ram, vista 64.

running on 1280x1024 with everything set to very high.  i gets lag but only in intense firefights.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Evilhamburglar
+4|5963

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Note that you have a P4 Northwood CPU. 130nm, and even slower than the 90nm Prescotts. It will form a HUGE bottleneck. Especially since it's HT and only has 1MB L2.
is this referring to my processor? also to person who said sell my rig and build another...why should i do that?

currently im planning on getting a new motherboard and video card, as well as PSU.

my processor, sound card are awesome (p4 3.06 ghz core 2 duo and fatality) case is great was like $200 new corsair XMS DDR2 RAM is good and the 2 dvd drives and one cd drive it came with are fine.

whats is wrong with just purchasing mobo psu and gpu?
devilhammer
+16|6586|San Marcos, Texas

Evilhamburglar wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing a new video card and was wondering if anyone here has or know about the Geforce 7950 Card.
Before anyone tells me to not waste my money because its AGP, save your breath I just got this computer for $300 and with a new card i am hoping to play bf2 maxed out and crysis on medium at least i hope.

My system specs are:

1500 RAM corsair Ddr2 XMS (will probably purchase an addt'l 1500 for crysis)

160 gb hard drive Hitachi I believe

fatality sound card

lg 196W 19" widescreen monitor

AGP 8x mobo

Pentium 4 3.06 ghz processor

Here is a link for the card i want: http://www.xfxforce.com/web/product/lis … Id=1006137

what do you guys think is this a good buy?

will it handle crysis on medium-high graphics?

I am new to computer tech stuff so will appreciate any input on this..
That card may run it fine but I think your processor will hold you back.......
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Evilhamburglar wrote:

1500 RAM corsair Ddr2 XMS (will probably purchase an addt'l 1500 for crysis)
Is it just me, or is memory far easier to purchase in 512MB/1GB/2GB chunks than 764MB/1.5GB?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-01-15 20:52:02)

Evilhamburglar
+4|5963
why is processor holding me back, i know i am new at this but 3 ghz is pretty fast and a core duo is fairly new..
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Evilhamburglar wrote:

why is processor holding me back, i know i am new at this but 3 ghz is pretty fast and a core duo is fairly new..
New shit is always better than old shit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
devilhammer
+16|6586|San Marcos, Texas

Evilhamburglar wrote:

Eh I just looked and i guess its not too bad, but I think it will cause some issues but thats just me so idk
aimless
+166|6116|Texas
I have an E6570 at 3GHz and the 512 8800gt and running crysis all high (dx9) gets me about 30-40 fps depending on where I'm at.
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6146

Evilhamburglar wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

is this referring to my processor? also to person who said sell my rig and build another...why should i do that?

currently im planning on getting a new motherboard and video card, as well as PSU.

my processor, sound card are awesome (p4 3.06 ghz core 2 duo and fatality) case is great was like $200 new corsair XMS DDR2 RAM is good and the 2 dvd drives and one cd drive it came with are fine.

the CPU will bottleneck with the new cards..(p4 3.06 ghz core 2 duo... NO SUCH ITEM I THINK) as i said if you really want to get into playing Crysis you will need a Dual Core Intel/AMD ..

i think it was me who said start again..

Last edited by (BMP) Smegmeister (2008-01-16 01:37:36)

CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine

Evilhamburglar wrote:

A P4 is not a Core 2 Duo. 3GHz on a P4 is still shit... P4's are just shit. It will bottleneck that card big time.

I have an X1950XT 256mb which is better than the 7950GT, and I can run the demo on mostly high, with a few mediums. I'm not sure the exact FPS because my Xfire didn't work ingame, but it was smooth for the most part except in big fire fights, then it got a little bit choppy (but still playable).

So, unless there is a huge difference between the demo and the real game (performance wise), you should be fine with that card for medium. The CPU will hurt the performance, and 1.5GB of RAM (probably not dual-channel) will also hurt the performance.
Evilhamburglar
+4|5963
hmm i guess im wrong about it being a p4 then cuz i know it is indeed a core 2 duo..

i read alot of reviews for the 7950 on newegg and over 50% were bad reviews, ive decided against getting the AGP card i am just going to switch to pci-express so i have more options for a video card.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6188|Winland

Evilhamburglar wrote:

hmm i guess im wrong about it being a p4 then cuz i know it is indeed a core 2 duo..

i read alot of reviews for the 7950 on newegg and over 50% were bad reviews, ive decided against getting the AGP card i am just going to switch to pci-express so i have more options for a video card.
There are no chipsets that support C2D and AGP... Or 3.06GHz ones.

Face it, you've got a P4. Single core. 512kB L2 cache. 130nm manufacturing width. 533MHz bus speed. How can I know? Because those are the only 3.06GHz CPU's Intel has ever made.
Evilhamburglar
+4|5963
gotcha. anyways im gona rebuild the whole thing soon as i get tax return. thanks everyone for the input too it really helped me out..

anyone know a good motherboard thats not hard to install or maintain?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard