Loonyk
+5|6171|Saint-Hubert, Québec,Canada
Time played...

indicate if you have a life or not!!!
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6010|Aberdeen, Scotland

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Whether it counts as a  win or loss depends on which team you spent the longest with.
No, it's the team you spawn on last.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
BF2SMKOP

BF2s members knifed or paddled.

I have four (at least)

Flaming_Maniac, Heggs, san4 and Canin.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

SmegHead74 wrote:

Deadmonk: Win lose is the LEAST interesting stat in my oppinion. These people with ridiculous Win/Lose ratios are those people you see all the time teamswitching.
Teamswitching is a stat hack alot of people use, even the "honest" ones (hey who likes to lose, right). K/d ratio and SPM is a bit harder to hack if your not just outright use them. So no, people with good win/lose ratio are not so good they can change the outcome of the whole round (there are ecxeptions ofc), if they have low SPM and or K/D.
Whether it counts as a  win or loss depends on which team you spent the longest with.
Actually its just the last team you spawned on.

SmegHead74 wrote:

Drunken face: When i meant amazing W/L stats yours might serve as a good example. Just mindboggling. A differential of 3259.

Wins & Losses    4,142 / 883 (4.69)

Im curious, why do you think your w/l ratio look like that?
Because I do what is necessary to win. I have no problem dying for my team, getting into the 'supposabley' useless AA to take out problem aircraft, going up against tanks and APCs single handed even though I know I'm going to die. I watch the battle field for enemy movements, listen to the commander and defend important flags or bottle necks where most other people would run off to find the 'action'. Every game I start my sole objective is to win and play accordingly for the map and current situation.

I try to stay away from 24/7 servers because that's where the majority of jerks hang out. I try to stay off IO servers because that's where the skilless whores hang out. So most of the time I'm playing full rotation servers, and SF when possible. Which means most of the time I can join or create a half decent squad and have a commander that can at least do something which makes my life so much simpler, and it doesn't matter what role I need to play I can do it better then most. I'm definitely not the best at anything, but can do everything in the game way above average.

Also through circumstance rather then choice many (maybe a third to half) of my games have been on low-medium (20-35 people) populated servers where my personal actions impact on the game much more then usual. I'm not in a clan but when possible play with friends who also try to win at all costs or join the squads of clans who I know try to win rather then just pad their ohh so precious stats.

I have got a purple heart while trying to win, and while some (most) of you would consider it the worst thing you could get and shows a total lack of skill, in that particular game it was what was basically necessary to win, ohh did I also mention I got the gold medal and won the round?

I have joined a game (surge) where my team was 150 tickets down (270-120) and who were being spawn raped in the uncap and turned that game around to win by 30 tickets.

I have also joined a Mashtuur game where my team was down to 1 flag and eventually that was lost too, and all but 2 people on our team were left alive. But as with many 'whores' they wanted to continue the 'rape' so let our team recapture a flag.... Big mistake!!  that game was completely turned around by me and the squad I invited and we ended up capping them out, but didn't make the mistake of giving them a free flag winning by 4 tickets.

This game is won and lost on the number of flags you have, but just as important is which flags you have and I make it my job to capture secure and defend the most important flags each map. Its all about strategy, take away the enemies best assets (planes/choppers/tanks) and give your team a big advantage in fire power. Skip couple of flags and establish a base (spawn point) behind the front lines in order to flank the enemy and attack from 2 sides. Give up low priority flags in order to take the more important ones, and defend the ones which offer the best strategic options. There is no hard and fast rule as to what one should do to win, that needs to be worked out in game because every game is different, but very few people would have any clue about what I'm talking about and like you can only see what's directly in front of them.

I've posted these all before, but here's an idea of what I can contribute to the team.
https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9868/wakemedic1kj0.th.jpghttps://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4712/wakemedic2qy3.th.jpg
Wake defending the airfield as a medic, while the half of my team sat around the helipad/airfield waiting for vehicles.

https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6867/fusheerk1.th.jpg
Fushee capturing all the flags my team liked to lose in an APC and mobile AA.

https://img174.imageshack.us/img174/637/tanktf4.th.jpghttps://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2/apcxz9.th.jpg
2 Karkand rounds in Tank and APC respectively doing what armour should do. (support the infantry)

https://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7730/medicmass1xi6.th.jpghttps://img228.imageshack.us/img228/919/medicmass2qr6.th.jpg
Mass Destruction medic, all on foot I think the scores talk for the selves.

https://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5078/ghosttown2tv8.th.jpghttps://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5550/ghosttown1xr0.th.jpg
Ghost Town... 15 flag captures, more then twice the score of the silver medallist.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6717

MrAnderson wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

No, it's the team you spawn on last.
Wow.... Ok, that's messed up.  Sorry I didn't know it was so unjust.
SmegHead74
+1|5985
Drunk, so you play on servers which are easier to win on. I only play 64 man 24/7 servers and all my golds are on those type of servers,  i have lots of rounds with those type of scores you show in the pics, believe med it doesnt matter one bit for the outcome. Maybe should have had that in the variables, playing on certain servers which encourage going for flags.

Nicely written reply, though

Last edited by SmegHead74 (2008-01-13 18:53:45)

Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6159|San Antonio, Texas

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

BF2SMKOP

BF2s members knifed or paddled.

I have four (at least)

Flaming_Maniac, Heggs, san4 and Canin.
I paddled SnakeShit accidentally once when rezing a mate on the EU server. Such lolz.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6356|Twyford, UK
I think it'd have to me a combination of stats. You can have a huge score whoring one vehicle or kit on one map, but a proper balance takes skill.

I mean, my SPM and KDR are nothing to brag about, but I regularly pull in 30+ rounds, doubling or tripling that when I'm on a roll. Some days, I can even force a win pretty much single-handedly. I may not be the best player around, but I play to win. I spot things, and I go for as many teamwork points as I can snce it's in my interest to (free points!).

Commanding is a whole different story. It's not simply a matter of UAV, arty, dropping, and spotting, but also strategising and knowing where and how to use assets.
And, of course, knowing just where to place that car to squash someone stationary and capping a flag. It's ever so satisfying to squash someone with a jeep, and even more so if you get them juust right in a cluttered area. Even the recipent has to laugh sometimes.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6158|Texas
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5995|Perth, indian ocean
I'd go with K/D, shows how good you are at beating your opponent in a 1on1
Dersmikner
+147|6509|Texas
My stats with Dersmikner sucked so bad (because I started online, never played offline, and didn't know squat about the game) I had to start a new nick (BravoOscarBravo). Now those are all sniper in I/O so it looks like I don't know jack about anything else, even though I have most all the medals and ribbons on the other nick.

The real answer is: Who gives a shit about score, stats, or any of it? If you're having fun that's all that counts.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6596|England
None of the above.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6010|Aberdeen, Scotland

Dersmikner wrote:

My stats with Dersmikner sucked so bad (because I started online, never played offline, and didn't know squat about the game) I had to start a new nick (BravoOscarBravo).
Same here, that's why my ratios are so bad
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5997|Aus, Qld

KylieTastic wrote:

FPM (aka Fun Per Minute)
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6667|The View From The Afternoon
Knife KDR
SmegHead74
+1|5985
People who dont care about stats are people who havent much skill, plain and simple. Keeping track of your stats is FUN.
Danorge
+7|6169|Denmark // 69! Az
it cant be over all the others
Priority

WLR - gives an idea about player is a teamplayer or point hunter
K : D - Shows how the player preform vs. other good players
Maptime - max 20% in 1 map. not BF2 allrounder if time is only spread out on 1-3 maps
Weapons Stats - shows how much time the players uses Supporting, sniping or simple assult.
Acc. - all under 18% aint good at all.
Spm. - gives a fake picture since most I/O maps gives a higher score pr minut then none I/O maps.

Danorge Over and out.

Last edited by Danorge (2008-01-15 06:48:55)

Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6159|San Antonio, Texas
Accuracy for me. Tells me whether I spray-and-pray or focus fire, and I think I'm a sprayer-prayer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard