Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States

Hakei wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Hakei wrote:

After he tortured a little girl? You think it's unnecessary? I think he had every fucking right to do what he did, and I think that most people who aren't  hippies would do the exact same thing in that situation. I know I would.
Yes.  It was unnecessary.  In a civilized society, people who break the law are punished -- by the law.  Vigilante justice serves no real positive role.
What difference does it make if he's punished by the law or by another human being?
You dont find what both the step son and the father did was cruel and unusual?
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965

SenorToenails wrote:

Hakei wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Yes.  It was unnecessary.  In a civilized society, people who break the law are punished -- by the law.  Vigilante justice serves no real positive role.
What difference does it make if he's punished by the law or by another human being?
Because the law is the designated dispenser of justice.  By living in a society of laws, you need to accept that.  If you don't, you pay.  Like the girl's father will.  It sucks, but he will probably go to jail also.
You gave a reason as to why you should allow the law to handle it, you didn't actually answer my question.

What difference does it make?
Dersmikner
+147|6468|Texas
I will add this: I bet the next 18 year old kid, this particular one or any other, who thinks about touching an 8 year old will remember this little anal rape incident and think twice. I guess that's the real reason we punish anyway so it was probably effective from that standpoint.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965

Dersmikner wrote:

I will add this: I bet the next 18 year old kid, this particular one or any other, who thinks about touching an 8 year old will remember this little anal rape incident and think twice. I guess that's the real reason we punish anyway so it was probably effective from that standpoint.
Exactly my point, people go on about how rehabilitation and doing things in a civil, respectable manner is the correct way to do it.

It's all crap anyway, trying to rehabilitate people is a simple case of trying to make them regret what they did. Being rehabilitated is being sorry for what you did and nothing else in my opinion -- and I think if you can make a person sorry for what they did in any way, it's a good thing, be it cruel or uncivilized -- it's worth it.

There's a great scene in the shawshank redemption where he talks about rehabilitation... I should try and find a youtube vid.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

PluggedValve wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Because the law is the designated dispenser of justice.  By living in a society of laws, you need to accept that.  If you don't, you pay.  Like the girl's father will.  It sucks, but he will probably go to jail also.
Im a hippy and i would have fed his balls to him through a straw.  Just because i dont like war and i smoke pot doesnt mean i wont chop off your balls for raping my sister/ daughter etc...
What?  I never said anything about "hippies".  In a society ruled by laws, one must obey the laws or be punished.  Even if it would feel better, or even justified, to harm another party.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Hakei wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Hakei wrote:

You gave a reason as to why you should allow the law to handle it, you didn't actually answer my question.

What difference does it make?
I did answer your question.  Reread my answer.
Lai
+186|6121
The stephson was raped with an object, not by the father himself, so it can be considered pure vengeance and nothing else. FFS the guy, he's 18 mind that, raped his 8 year old daughter.

+1 for dad!
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965

SenorToenails wrote:

PluggedValve wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Im a hippy and i would have fed his balls to him through a straw.  Just because i dont like war and i smoke pot doesnt mean i wont chop off your balls for raping my sister/ daughter etc...
What?  I never said anything about "hippies".  In a society ruled by laws, one must obey the laws or be punished.  Even if it would feel better, or even justified, to harm another party.
Screw a society ruled by laws, it's call instinct -- and that was what the father was fueled on.

The kid did wrong, what goes around comes around.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Hakei wrote:

Screw a society ruled by laws, it's call instinct -- and that was what the father was fueled on.
Would you rather live in a society based on instinct?  If you did, I hope you never wrong someone.

Hakei wrote:

Indeed.  The father did wrong also.  What goes around comes around...
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965

SenorToenails wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Would you rather live in a society based on instinct?  If you did, I hope you never wrong someone.

Hakei wrote:

Did wrong by your standards, yes. This is just going around in circles.

The father did what I would of done, all I'm saying.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Hakei wrote:

And he did wrong by the law.

This exact reason is why there are laws.  A standard by which everyone must follow.  The father really wanted his revenge.  I can't say I blame him, but he will have to pay.  He will probably get some leniency due to his situation, but his punishment will still be there.

Supporting this kind of action leads to other ideas of personal justice, like honor killings and what not.  They aren't wrong by their standards, right?
Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States

Hakei wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Hakei wrote:

You would of anal raped an 18 yr old boy for revenge? We are humans in a modernized society you know, we should at least have some level of civilized mentality.

Last edited by Masterstyle (2008-01-14 14:05:10)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Masterstyle wrote:

You would of anal raped an 18 yr old boy for revenge? We are humans in a modernized society you know, we should at least have some level of civilized mentality.
Exactly.  There are laws and courts to determine punishment in civilized society.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965

SenorToenails wrote:

Hakei wrote:

And he did wrong by the law.

This exact reason is why there are laws.  A standard by which everyone must follow.  The father really wanted his revenge.  I can't say I blame him, but he will have to pay.  He will probably get some leniency due to his situation, but his punishment will still be there.

Supporting this kind of action leads to other ideas of personal justice, like honor killings and what not.  They aren't wrong by their standards, right?
Right, but law or not -- I would have done the same thing.

Laws are there for a standard which everyone MUST follow. Tell me you've never downloaded a song from lime wire or thrown something on the floor, not on quite the same scale, but at the time I'm sure you thought "What, do you expect me to pay $30 for an album I've never heard?" I'm sure the guy wouldn't have stuck a pipe up his arse in any normal situation, he acted on a gut feeling that it was the right thing to do.

And the point once again, is law or not. I'm sure quite a few people would have done the same thing given the situation at hand.

I'm sure the father was completely impressed with how the law handled the situation, he'd just traumatized a little girl and had someone pay a small fee that allowed him to be out on the streets and be a free man for a while.

I'm sure he was very thankful for the justice that the law set aside.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Hakei wrote:

Right, but law or not -- I would have done the same thing.

Laws are there for a standard which everyone MUST follow. Tell me you've never downloaded a song from lime wire or thrown something on the floor, not on quite the same scale, but at the time I'm sure you thought "What, do you expect me to pay $30 for an album I've never heard?" I'm sure the guy wouldn't have stuck a pipe up his arse in any normal situation, he acted on a gut feeling that it was the right thing to do.

And the point once again, is law or not. I'm sure quite a few people would have done the same thing given the situation at hand.

I'm sure the father was completely impressed with how the law handled the situation, he'd just traumatized a little girl and had someone pay a small fee that allowed him to be out on the streets and be a free man for a while.

I'm sure he was very thankful for the justice that the law set aside.
The difference is:  If I knowingly break the law, I had better be ready to face the consequences.  I don't know where you are getting this music thing from, but I never acted like I haven't broken the law at some point.

And the law has been that way for 200+ years in the US, so it is unlikely to remove the idea of bail.  This man's wife bailed the guy out.  Go figure.

But it is funny how you acknowledge how the law exists and why, but before you said that it makes no difference who punishes a criminal and that rehabilitation should be at any means necessary (even if it is cruel and unusual).
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Am i the only one that lol'd when reading that?...I might just be a sick bastard tho

Well, to be more serious, the kid deserved it, but the father should have never took revenge this way. now he is screwed, as much as the son.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6746|Kansas, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

David.P wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322386,00.html

In nutshell. This kid sodomized his step sister, His mom posted bond and his step dad(Girls real father) Picked him up and sodomized him for revenge.

It's poetic but makes me feel a bit sick. If anyone did that to my sister or a family member i would not be so lenient.
Crazy muslims.
C'mon it's obvious these weren't muslims. If they were the father would have killed his daughter for dishonoring the family!
Lai
+186|6121

Roger Lesboules wrote:

now he is screwed, as much as the son.
Nope, he isn't

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard