david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6747|Comber, Northern Ireland
well this happened me a few weeks ago but, i was playing on dragon valley and i said to the CO i am away to destroy the PLA's assets, next thing i kno i'm back out at the BFHQ and up comes...LUV-NIC89 has been banned for saying banned word 'ass'. So for saying the word ass in assets i got banned.

second. i was on wake island and flying the Z-10..prety well i might add, then this punk keeps try to kill me hes fired about 20 rockets at me from his JSF, so then agen i hear the beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, and i deploy flares, and go into a steep left bank, to avoide his HSM's, then suddenly he crashes into me and kills me and i also kill him so i type in you noob, go get some skill before gettin in the plane, next thing i;m back at BFHQ LUV-NIC89 has been banned for saying banned word 'noob'

like come the fuck on! banned for sayin noob and ass? if people are worried about their kids seeing these bad words perhaps they shoudlnt be playing a game where you kill eachother? goddam fuck-nuggets
cohen1976
+14|6775
post nr 1223467365252 about "omg i got banned for saying......................."
Aquafina
+0|6660
Simple word filter.
Refer to http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=6.
Calling someone a newbie is sometimes offensive. So basically, dont do it.
You called him a newbie for crashing into you? He took you out, and himself out. Pretty smart, and you called him a newbie for it?

david363 wrote:

like come the fuck on! banned for sayin noob and ass? if people are worried about their kids seeing these bad words perhaps they shoudlnt be playing a game where you kill eachother? goddam fuck-nuggets
Some of us do not want to see ignorent fools swearing every second. Because it annoys some of us. Don't play the ranked servers, or battlefield 2 if you wish to swear. Don't take your trash talk into Battlefield 2, how about you go to Halo, or something, just don't take your bullshit into our main game.

Last edited by Aquafina (2006-02-12 03:41:43)

Rathji
+1|6691

Aquafina wrote:

Simple word filter.
Refer to http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=6.
Calling someone a newbie is sometimes offensive. So basically, dont do it.
You called him a newbie for crashing into you? He took you out, and himself out. Pretty smart, and you called him a newbie for it?

david363 wrote:

Some of us do not want to see ignorent fools swearing every second. Because it annoys some of us. Don't play the ranked servers, or battlefield 2 if you wish to swear. Don't take your trash talk into Battlefield 2, how about you go to Halo, or something, don't take your bullshit into our main game.
Suicide killing someone is pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

Regardless, if the server you are on doesn't want those type of insults thrown around, they have every right to kick your ass off the server.
Aquafina
+0|6660

Rathji wrote:

Suicide killing someone is pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

Regardless, if the server you are on doesn't want those type of insults thrown around, they have every right to kick your ass off the server.
Correct. Their server, their rules, if you dont like the rules, leave the server.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6738|Michigan
Well, I agree with eveyone else. Why cuss? kinda stupid.
I do think the filter needs some work though. Assets is not a bad word. That's the only thing I'll agree with from the original poster.
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6671
Swearing has been a debate in servers for a long time. I think it should dictated by how the game is rated by the ESRB. BF2 is rated teen. Therefore swearing should be expected. If it's out of control swearing, the player should be kicked. No person should ever be banned for swearing unless they are continually baggering players or admins.
Aquafina
+0|6660
However, there is a " Game Experience May Change During Online Play."
It is rated T for teen. However, the Game Experience does not change the rating. You are NOT suppose to swear.
DSRTurtle
+56|6693
If a server admin takes offense to people complaining about the skill or lack of skills of players they should issue a warning the first time in the round.  Then the 2nd time it happens a ban would be understandable. 

As for getting banned for saying assets.  That's a problem with the word filter that needs to be addressed by the programmers.  It's totally wrong to be banned for saying a word that doesn't even qualify as a swear word.  BTW ass is listed in the dictionary and it's described as a donkey.  Therefor context in sentance structure would have to be taken into account as well.

You may or may not think I'm splitting hairs.  If you do, look in the dictionary.
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6795|The Void
I got banned on one server for trying to make room for a clan m8.
I typed "hit ALT + F4 to get laser scoped grenade launcher"

The admin typed ENTRO dont do that......

He saw 4 noobs fall for it then got mad and typed now you can join them......

You have been kicked by admin" you can join them"

I was on top of the room so i lost my gold.

I was laughing pretty hard to be upset about it.
PolarIce
+0|6653
I was benned from a server within 10 seconds of joining. The 6 guys on the server started a poll to ban me the second I joined the game and I was banned before I even got to join a team. I had never been to that server before and I didn't know any of the guys on the server.
Luke911
+0|6652
I swear allll the time on servers.

1) when someone suicide bombs me

2) when some stupid tank is camping my base(even more if its uncapable)

3) when ive got a bad helo pilot

4) anytime something pisses me off

AND IVE NEVER BEEN BANED FOR IT HAHA!

but i only play on certain servers that know me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard