Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6400|Somersetshire

ScoutStrike wrote:

Okay well I've added you on Xfire, maybe sending a new server.zip and objects_server.zip helps.
ok
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney
okay, after knifing about 10 people over a few rounds, and infiltrating the airfield on wake and crossing the lake on chiller, i have a suggestion.

if possible, remove the spotter icon so  when you SPOT A SPOTTER, it doesnt say 'enemy sniper spotted' for example,

i spot tehremos, who is a spotter, then when i do, it says "enemy infantry spotted"

its just more helpful to know if they can shoot you back from that far away.
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney
oh: and on chiller, space the trees further away from each other...you can't walk though the middle of them, you have to snipe at the treeline.

also, why no rocks on chiller? i mean, around the water line and stuff. or on cliffs.
EDIT: i almost forgot.

best.

mod.

ever.

Last edited by Ashlite (2008-01-12 00:21:26)

ScoutStrike
+37|6246

Ashlite wrote:

okay, after knifing about 10 people over a few rounds, and infiltrating the airfield on wake and crossing the lake on chiller, i have a suggestion.

if possible, remove the spotter icon so  when you SPOT A SPOTTER, it doesnt say 'enemy sniper spotted' for example,

i spot tehremos, who is a spotter, then when i do, it says "enemy infantry spotted"

its just more helpful to know if they can shoot you back from that far away.
There's actually no spotter class anymore. Even the guy with the L85A1 is a 'sniper' in the sense that the weapon is now comparable to the SVD.

Spotters were spotted as 'enemy infantry' in 1.0 btw.

But I'll just remove the class for now, maybe the room is needed in the future for a VIP or something.

Ashlite wrote:

oh: and on chiller, space the trees further away from each other...you can't walk though the middle of them, you have to snipe at the treeline.

also, why no rocks on chiller? i mean, around the water line and stuff. or on cliffs.
I'll bug dont_be_ss with your tips.
**uninhibited**
L33T
+4|6226|sweden
best mod ever.
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney

**uninhibited** wrote:

best mod ever.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks scouty, i might have some more ideas too.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6521|here
Alright, midnite out of frickin nowhere.

I jokingly suggested in a server today that a shooting range map, so we can get some non-live training with bullet drop and whatnot.  I guess the other people liked the idea, so hint hint.

<.<

I do concur with the best.  mod.  ever.  statements, though.  Very well done.
ScoutStrike
+37|6246

midnitebassist wrote:

Alright, midnite out of frickin nowhere.

I jokingly suggested in a server today that a shooting range map, so we can get some non-live training with bullet drop and whatnot.  I guess the other people liked the idea, so hint hint.

<.<

I do concur with the best.  mod.  ever.  statements, though.  Very well done.
Haha thanks. As for target practise... hmm, well you can try the singleplayer Oman map... but that doesn't really go further than 300m or so. Maybe Dragon Valley would be nice in singleplayer for training purposes?

But if someone can model me a target board then I guess mr dont_be_ss could be poked to map a range around it.
IHateHitboxes!
+1|5942
This is the PR killer.

The sniper wh*re migration has begun.

Better ranges. Unlimited sniper rifles (OMGWTFBBQHAXROFL!!!!). 200+ scores (for me). Sweet ranges. A weird chopper HUD (on the cobra gunner).

This > PR

And PR is 1337

BTW, you can find me on the snow one. If I don't shoot you first. ;-)

Last edited by IHateHitboxes! (2008-01-14 16:02:14)

ScoutStrike
+37|6246

IHateHitboxes! wrote:

This is the PR killer.

The sniper wh*re migration has begun.

Better ranges. Unlimited sniper rifles (OMGWTFBBQHAXROFL!!!!). 200+ scores (for me). Sweet ranges. A weird chopper HUD (on the cobra gunner).

This > PR

And PR is 1337

BTW, you can find me on the snow one. If I don't shoot you first. ;-)
Haha, I must admit the kit limiting system in PR has always ticked me off. Snipers have no friends, so how are they supposed to get a 4-man squad together to request the kit in the first place?
Jumping Jihad
+1|6099|Germany
Chiller > Any Vanilla Map
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6400|Somersetshire

Jumping Jihad wrote:

Chiller > Any Vanilla Map
it is such a awesome map

though lots of people don't like it cos they can't see their tracers
i reckon that makes it more fun lol

also people who are new don't like it so a lot of the time i find many people do map votes, which annoys me lol cos i love it
gunmedown
+5|6414|Hernani, Guipuzcoa
this is a really cool mod, but i have a problem with it, for some reason i can not use the .50 rifles (m95 or m82) when i start the game with either of these 2 weapons they refuse to fire. the ai use them with no problem. anybody else got this problem. this happens in single and online.
let the flaming begin!!!!!!
ScoutStrike
+37|6246

gunmedown wrote:

this is a really cool mod, but i have a problem with it, for some reason i can not use the .50 rifles (m95 or m82) when i start the game with either of these 2 weapons they refuse to fire. the ai use them with no problem. anybody else got this problem. this happens in single and online.
let the flaming begin!!!!!!
The M95 and M82A1 only work when you're prone. Being heavy anti-material rifles with great recoil etc.

Oh yes, the flaming. You noob.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6140|San Antonio, Texas
From playing PR, I know you have to prone to fire the legendary M82 from Al Basrah. So I'd have just mixed around positions, or observed how other players used them.

A flame-free post on BF2s!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard