Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6754|United States
Yup, I broke the law.  I flew in a jet while I was commander.  But it was so much fun.

I just flew to the carrier, made a couple of passes, got lots of kills, and before I left to re-arm, I just set an artillery strike on the carrier.  Repeat that a couple, oooh, 20 times, and you have one angry USMC team, and one commander with alot of *doubled* points.  I also increased my kill streak from 50 to 59.

However, the points didn't register in the game, or in stats.  I took a SS, and you can see that I had about 60 kills and only 6 points.  And in stats my kill streak still says 50.  But, hey, what the hell. I had alot of fun doing it.  And thats what counts, right?

And the moral of this post is:  Yes, you CAN command and fly at the same time.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6775

Get out of the plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6754|United States

Bert10099 wrote:

And the moral of this post is:  Yes, you CAN command and fly at the same time.
scooby
+0|6739
the moral of this post is:  Yes, you CAN make dumb threads.
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6674|Canada Eh?
You can but you do a really shitty job at it.
siciliano732
+202|6662|New York
ive done it....but your alot better commander and really give your team the best chance and opportunity to win if your not....ive got mixed emotions on it....let alone that i suck in planes for the most part anyway so i would rather be a commander on the ground....
=11th.cav=Lee
+1|6686|Waddinxveen, The Netherlands
hahaha great post.

I usually fly as a bomber while being commander, so i have a strong argument against those whiner boys!
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6725
well

you can't scan when your in jet

what's your response to that?
jord
+2,382|6691|The North, beyond the wall.
press the speak button and dont say anything and its autopilot.you just go in a straight line.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6850
go to my " can you command and Fly at the same time ? " post where you will be emasculated by 99 percent of the people who play the game. with the exception of DDgrips
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6757|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

jord wrote:

press the speak button and dont say anything and its autopilot.you just go in a straight line.
LOL i do this for walking. When its a long distance I just hit K and read a book. Autopilot for walking lmfao
Esker
+1|6740
Well if you're the only guy on the team who can fly and no one else goes commander then why the fuck should you not fly and command?

You can do scans when you're a passenger though, but most people don't realise this and scream "BAN HIM!"
AMTXP
+13|6666|California, USA
You don't get kill points when your commander genious.

- Andrew
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD
It's so dumb that people make rules like that, if you are capable and you know it, you should be allowed to fly.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6737
I think if youre good enough...then f.ck it and go for it
OpsChief
+101|6689|Southern California
Were there less than 12-15 people on your team?  if so maybe you had no choice but to do it.

But if not, if there were 20-30 then read further.....

Being Commander is not the same as Commanding.

Did you Task&Talk, did you Scan&Spot, did you drop supplies and plot arty strikes along the axis of the advance of your troops? Command is not just plotting artillery, from your comments all you did was play Forward Obsever between sortes. Any good soldier can be trained to hit large enemy targets with indirect fire. Command has to do with ensuring the team wins through teamwork not individual glory. The Commander gets 2x points for his efforts in teamwork paying off in a victory and not by his individual stat quest.

What you did was reduce the total possible number of strategic missions that could help your squads. How many requests did you miss because you were setting up your next strike? What if there had been a godly pilot on the other team and he kept you busy for 5 minute dogfights? Or he kept flaming you and you spent 5 minutes of total game time in spawnland? Maybe you got lucky this time lol

The best clue to why not occupy the commander mode while flying comes from your own words, quote"I also increased my kill streak from 50 to 59." Selfish. What did your team do? How many tanks could have been kept going longer if you always had a crate dropping nearby? How much enemy armor got thru because your AT guys were out of missiles? A pilot can't know all this because he is piloting and attacking.

Commanding is 'we', not 'I'.  Selfish acts as a leader are not moral so your last comment is erroneous, quote: "And the moral of this post is:  Yes, you CAN command and fly at the same time." Sorry but absolutely NOT. You can BE commander and fly at the same time but make certain note; being commander is not the same as commanding. Actions speak louder than titles (except maybe in the newspapers).

Bert, keep kicking ass but either fly or command and give your team a chance.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-12 20:13:01)

Flyboy63
+8|6718|South Australia
If you were playing on my server I would have tk'd you.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6686|Colorado
Congrats for being able to do it, I prefer to hide somewhere while I command.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6717|SE Pennsylvania
You egocentric sack of crap.  Regardless of the outcome, pulling that kind of shit sucks for everyone.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6714

Horseman 77 wrote:

go to my " can you command and Fly at the same time ? " post where you will be emasculated by 99 percent of the people who play the game. with the exception of DDgrips
I played a game with DDgrips before. That is one angry dude...

On topic, as I've said many times before, I've never seen a good commander in a jet before. I have myself commanded and flown before, in the rare case that my team had noone who wanted to command and noone who wanted the jet, so i did both. I can tell you from experience that I definitely didnt do as good a job as I would have on the ground, as was evident from the enemy soldiers sneaking all over the place because i couldnt scan them.

I've also commanded while flying a helicopter once or twice, in the same situation. This is probably harder than flying jet, because its much easier to hit the ground while in the command screen. There was absolutely no way to scan, and even placing UAVs and supply drops was difficult.

The moral of this story? If you think you can command and pilot effectively, you're a moron. So don't do it.
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6713|Taiwan

TrollmeaT wrote:

Congrats for being able to do it, I prefer to hide somewhere while I command.
once i swam to the US carrier stopping from time to time to command. when i finally got there i hid and command. no one discovered me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard