Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6103|Carnoustie, Scotland
It's not that bad.
Hardcore is amazing, it's so real, and you get lots of kills easily.
Softcore, it's more like a game. It feels more like a game. And you bought a game, isn't that what you asked for?
More health - Instead of aiming in the general direction of your enemy and scrolling up when using a scoped weapon, you have to slow down and aim for the head, so you kill the bugger. It's better for sniping in that way.
Claymores - In hardcore, claymores can kill you from the other side of the map. In softcore, if you run out of the way of one JUST outside the main blast radius, you don't die. I mean, sure, you can't see for the red, and your enemy knows that some stupid fucker has ran into his sniping position, and then sticks a few deagle rounds in you, but at least you're alive... for a few seconds.
P90 whores - There's less of them. P90 is great on Hardcore, it's fast, it's pretty powerful for an SMG, so point and click and hope. In softcore, it's only really good on Vacant, where you can get up close and personal, sticking 20 bullets into the person and THEN killing them, but this also highlights Normal/Softcore's downside. Players have just a bit TOO much health.

To conclude: Hardcore = Softcore. (They're not the same, it's just that "Hardcore > Softcore" is not true.)

Does anyone concur?
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
softcore (ie normal) > hardcore

It encourages maintaining aim for a longer time because you need to hit them more than once, plus I can't play without the radar
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

CoD2 realism > CoD4 Hardcore tbh, If you havent tried it out, go do it now.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6103|Carnoustie, Scotland

Miguel Diaz wrote:

CoD2 realism > CoD4 Hardcore tbh, If you havent tried it out, go do it now.
Send me a copy then.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
Hardcore effectively turns COD4 into "insta-gib" mode which is ironically the least realistic thing possible.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6434|meh-land
what they should do in hardcore is take away all deviation, and amp up the recoil to like 5 or 6x what it is

and make it so getting hit in certain parts of the body will slow you down (leg slows you down, arm decreases accuracy/make you unable to use rifle, etc)

then it would be better
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
I think the only people who can define how realistic a game is, are the people who've actually been behind a gun in a hostile situation.

Not 14 year old kids hyped on sugar.

Blehm: That'd be retarded.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-01-12 17:45:51)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6434|meh-land

DefCon-17 wrote:

I think the only people who can define how realistic a game is, are the people who've actually been behind a gun in a hostile situation.

retarted?
i don't see how
if guns are going to do massive amounts of damage then they should get the recoil of a gun, and they should have no deviation like cod4

i may not have been in combat, but i am fairly certain that if you aim a gun at someone, regardless of how much you're moving or if you're already shot a lot of rounds, if you barrel points at them the bullet hits there, it will not veer 5 feet off to the side of the aiming point
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6561|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Nubs like to play hardcore because it's the only way they can get kills.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6231

BabySpinach wrote:

Nubs like to play hardcore because it's the only way they can get kills.
Lol exactly. I can't stand hardcore it's like running around and everyone has full auto awps that kill in one hit.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Blehm98 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

retarted?
i don't see how
if guns are going to do massive amounts of damage then they should get the recoil of a gun, and they should have no deviation like cod4

i may not have been in combat, but i am fairly certain that if you aim a gun at someone, regardless of how much you're moving or if you're already shot a lot of rounds, if you barrel points at them the bullet hits there, it will not veer 5 feet off to the side of the aiming point
I meant the "realistic" damage system.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6272
Hardcore is the shit
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676
I don't get it...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Blehm98 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

retarted?
i don't see how

you arent accounting for wind, drop, humidity, arm movement, and a million other factors i cant think of atm.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Miguel Diaz wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

retarted?
i don't see how

you arent accounting for wind, drop, humidity, arm movement, and a million other factors i cant think of atm.
What about zeroing your sights?
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6756|Perth, Western Australia

Bull3t wrote:

Hardcore is the shit
fixed
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6434|meh-land

Miguel Diaz wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

retarted?
i don't see how

all of those factors have pretty much zero effect really at up to 400 meters or so for rifles...
you really don't get many shots that are that far in cod4
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I admit softcore does require better aim, hence the reason I suck at it I play hardcore so much I'm used to just firing a few quick shots and killing the guy, rather than having to place shots carefully and steadily.

To each his own, really. I prefer hardcore, and nothing is going to change that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard