Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6424|Somersetshire

aj0404 wrote:

being kicked for saying "cockpit" is the worst.
lol i think thats what i said on the bf2s EU server and got a warning lol
it's not my fault i'm terrible at spelling
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6796|Great Brown North
player1: how the hell did you shoot me through the cockpit?
*player1 kicked for profanity*
player2: LMAO he got kicked for saying cockpit
*player2 kicked for profanity*
player3: whats a cockpit?
*player3 kicked for profanity*
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6340|Graz, Austria
Hmm...
Battlefield 2 is rated "Teen" (ESRB):

Code:

T — Teen: Contains content that is considered unsuitable for children under 13. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language. The most common genres with this rating are role-playing, fighting, first-person shooter, and real-time strategy.
So why does some stupid admin think he can overrule the ESRB rating for "infrequent use of strong language"?

Anyway, it's rated "16+" (PEGI), and that's the audience this game is for, IMO.
Heck, this is a war game, where you kill pixellated humans, but - boo-hoo! - someone said "fuck".
Do the admins think the FBI will prosecute them, or what?

A swear word filter might be a good idea for some words, but the fucking moron of an admin should at least double-check the stupid blacklist, not blindly download it somewhere from the net.
Otherwise words like "assault" or "cockpit" will be filtered and result in a kick.
Fucking thought police!
N1nj4.$haoRaa
+41|6254|israel

G3|Genius wrote:

I've gotten kicked on two separate occasions for saying "cockpit"
lol

not worst then this..

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2278/retttymn2.jpg
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6694|Middle of nowhere
i dont really get why we can't swear in a WAR game for fucks sake, but whatever, the 12 year old kiddie do seem to run this game
Drexel
+43|6492|Philadelphia

eaglecorps wrote:

Some of us cant help expressing ourselves this way. Why must I be kicked for saying naughty words?

If I get TV'd while flying along I'm gonna let everyone know my anger! All the little kids for admins say hey you got a potty mouth I'm gonna kick

you before you come back and own me! I was

4 kills away from Expert Assault but NOOOOOo had to get kicked for saying SHIT!

I spin around and hit a pole with my chopper chasing a tank and

RAWR here come the profanities... and BAM!

Who invented the idea these words should be banned some Amish person who thinks some heavenly

being is just gonna smite me if I say that stuff on their server.

Makes me angry.

Come to our clan server and curse all you want like im gonna go do now have a nice day all you bf2s fans!
It's called saying it aloud.  There's no need/point to type it in.  It's easier, nicer, and more satisfying to just shout it at the computer than type it in.  (and people won't think your retarded cursing something over the internet and making posts about how dumb other people's rules are....)

I swear all the time when I'm playing.  But I don't force other people to look at how stupid I am through chat.  You get absolutely nothing out of pushing 6 buttons and forcing everyone else to read something they might not want to read.  I'd personally love it if there was a way to turn chat off in a game, just so I don't need to listen to these 12 year olds who can't say a word out loud because mommy might hear it, so they type it like it's the only word they know how to spell.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-12-14 07:19:13)

-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh
MMMmmmmmm Dooonutz!
+13|6220|Out for donutz!
Some parents ban words to keep their kids playing on theirs servers from hearing them. Some parents play games and want to share that with their kids and if they are paying for the server then so be it. Most ALL servers have some basic rules in the start up window or scrolling throughout the match.
If you missed or forgot the rules, then its not really a fault of the server but the players. If you go in a server that you don't like the rules, DON'T STAY AND PLAY.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6302|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

globefish23 wrote:

Hmm...
Battlefield 2 is rated "Teen" (ESRB):

Code:

T — Teen: Contains content that is considered unsuitable for children under 13. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language. The most common genres with this rating are role-playing, fighting, first-person shooter, and real-time strategy.
So why does some stupid admin think he can overrule the ESRB rating for "infrequent use of strong language"?

Anyway, it's rated "16+" (PEGI), and that's the audience this game is for, IMO.
Heck, this is a war game, where you kill pixellated humans, but - boo-hoo! - someone said "fuck".
Do the admins think the FBI will prosecute them, or what?

A swear word filter might be a good idea for some words, but the fucking moron of an admin should at least double-check the stupid blacklist, not blindly download it somewhere from the net.
Otherwise words like "assault" or "cockpit" will be filtered and result in a kick.
Fucking thought police!
Agreed
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6846|Denver colorado

-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh wrote:

Some parents ban words to keep their kids playing on theirs servers from hearing them. Some parents play games and want to share that with their kids and if they are paying for the server then so be it. Most ALL servers have some basic rules in the start up window or scrolling throughout the match.
If you missed or forgot the rules, then its not really a fault of the server but the players. If you go in a server that you don't like the rules, DON'T STAY AND PLAY.
Your defense would stand up if "cockpit" was a swear word
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6340|Graz, Austria
Addendum:
You can always swear in a different language.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

globefish23 wrote:

Addendum:
You can always swear in a different language.
Speaking of which. When I feel like talking japanese with another player whenever I say shita (past tense did) I get booted.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6149|Carnoustie, Scotland
My all time annoyance is saying something like "lol, you took me out the cockpit." And getting kicked for saying Cockpit.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6171|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just don't like the strictness of the profnity rules, the game is rated T, which means it's recommended for players above 13. Well I'm 14, and I tend to swear a fair bit, and I'm on the low end of the scale. So yeah, I dunno, I'm fine with Swear filters, but I'd like them to not be SOO strict, and still let me use like crap, omg, wtf, but NOT words like F**k, C**k, and the like.
Also, where in the game would you need to say cockpit? Any way I see it, you can rephrase it to something else that means the same thing.

My worst experience with the swear filter was actually only a warning, I was hovering above a flag, and got distracted bby where my gunner was looking for just a sec, and crashed into a tree backwards. I saw Crap, and the server says "Warning"
[AH1z]PJ
+75|6373
you should be able to say w\e you want, as long as its not racist and as long as you are not saying it for no reason

now when a server shuts down for prayer time or you get kicked for saying LMAO because of the "A"(ass) in it.............now thats a whole different story
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Also, where in the game would you need to say cockpit?"
https://www.firstdefense.com/html/3D50.jpg
+
https://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/military/cobrahelicopter/cobra_helicopter_1.jpg

"You shot me out of the cockpit! "

And people shouldn't need to be bothered by having to know/avoid common words.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6013
I wrote a nice, long message insulting admin containing words like: Hey you daft sod, fuckin noggin, go die in fire, you sorry piece of shit.

He did not even need the banhammer, profanity did the dirty work for him.

I was like: Lolwut?
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

Nordemus wrote:

I wrote a nice, long message insulting admin containing words like: Hey you daft sod, fuckin noggin, go die in fire, you sorry piece of shit.

He did not even need the banhammer, profanity did the dirty work for him.

I was like: Lolwut?
Next time say something like: I'd bet my buttons you enjoy extracting your fathers saline ejaculate.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484

rdx-fx wrote:

Kicking someone for uttering a profanity really causes negative partial pressure to the scrotal area (sucks balls), if it's just a momentary exclamation.

The mundane use of a profanity is, in my opinion, nominally harmless.  It is quite possible to formulate a much more offensive mental mosaic using ostensibly more verbose wording.  For illustrative example, it could be claimed that the administrators of such servers do, quite gleefully, enjoy fornicating in a most depraved and debauched manner with participants outside their species.  To whit, It could be said that such persons heartily enjoy the posterior pleasures of an overly endowed Equus asinus suffering the ravages of the Treponema pallidum spirochete.  Such persons, in my most humble opinion, may take the pleasure of orally sopping the saline perspirative discharges from their own father's scrotal region.

Translation is left as an exercise to the reader.

I'll translate.

The casual use of curse-words is, in my opion,completely harmless. You can think up more offensive images using a whole vocabulary. i.e, you could say that admins enjoy a good circle-jerk and have sex with animals. Also you could say that they also enjoy having buttsecks with a horse whose got a raging hard-on. In my opinion, these kinds of people like to suck their dad's dick.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6419|Alberta, Canada

cowami wrote:

The only thing I have a problem with:

ASSAULT =/= ASS

That is all.
+ mass =/= ASS

"Is mass destruction in the server rotation?"
*you have been kicked*
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6561|Flower Mound, TX
Was it really necessary to swear? What did you gain from swearing?
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

shadowcell_01 wrote:

Relief.

and when you say cockpit or assault you shouldn't be kicked for swearing.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5972|Minnesota
go kicked yesterday for saying "nade spam is not the way"
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6561|Flower Mound, TX

lavadisk wrote:

shadowcell_01 wrote:

Relief.

and when you say cockpit or assault you shouldn't be kicked for swearing.
Well those words aside there really is no point in typing in the swear word. You can always scream it in RL (if you ABSOLUTELY have to).
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|6005|Mountain Dew
I was writing Norwegian to someone nad i writed ''Ass''(mans something on norwegian)EDITr: ive seen many  ppl getting permbanned for using tweaks

Last edited by TehTacoKing (2008-01-13 12:02:25)

elite3444
The other kid
+24|6653|USA
i got kicked for telling my pilot on a 24/7 Sharqi server "land it and let me drive...u suck"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard