I just downloaded Opera
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718

w0ls0n wrote:

Go to this page using IE:

http://goodcleanemail.com or
http://freebsdrocks.net

My sites don't allow you to view them using IE and explains exactly why.
Thats funny...lol

I think everyone will stop using explorer now... I cant get on freerocks.com...

back on topic...
anyway... i use both ie and firefox... and they seem similar...  firefox used a lot of resources on an earlier version i had... but the latest version is good...
Love is the answer
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

stef10 wrote:

get Opera. Better that any of the options you put out.
i disagree, i tried opera for a while. the one feature i love about opera though is how you cant accidently click on annoying ass flash ads. but the username/pass memory system wasnt perfect like firefoxes and i just couldnt be arsed to type my info er' ten seconds.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

NooBesT wrote:

Lots of the mods Firefox has come default in Opera.
Regardless of if you actually wanted them or not.

Customisation ftw.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
You can try IE7 with the IE7Pro mod, which adds ad block, flash block, and a whole host of other features.  I use it because I like IE7, and I like blocking ads/flash. 

To everyone who gives FireFox credit for tabs, and claims MS stole the idea from them:
FireFox is far from the first browser to have tabs. 

InterWorks Browser had tabs in 1994
NetCaptor (an IE Shell, no less) in 1997
IBrowse in 1999
Opera in 2000
Mozilla in 2001
Konqueror in 2003
Safari in 2003

Mozilla began development on FireFox in mid-2003, after all of those.  IE was late to the party, but tabs cannot be attributed solely to FireFox.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA
Only reason I EVER used Firfox was for tabs, as it was the handiest thing online id ever witnessed.  Then IE7 came along, and I never went back, Never had a reason to.  Firefox does allow for more neat addons, and some speed increases, but IE7 works just fine for me, I dont have ad issue, and I dont have spyware issues.  Alot of FF users believe its the greatest thing to ever exist, and turn on IE becuase its not FF, its just silly.  Ive used both and prefer IE, even though its favorites system annoys me, but try your options, and then decide, not like their huge downloads
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6354|uk

Opera ftw

www.opera.com
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I used to be a huge fanatic of IE6, I really liked it a lot. But then IE7 came out and was such a huge rip-off of Firefox / Opera / all those other good browsers, that I decided to just get the better one. I haven't regretted it since.
dankassasin42o
+68|6681|Reefersyde, CA
Ie Suxzorz
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6598|England

w0ls0n wrote:

Go to this page using IE:

http://goodcleanemail.com or
http://freebsdrocks.net

My sites don't allow you to view them using IE and explains exactly why.
lol, so you cut off more than 50% of your traffic just because you don't like IE.
You realise virtually no one is going to listen to the advice on your site and just not bother visiting, right?

There's nothing wrong with IE7, as long as you're a competent Internet user it suits everyones needs fine.

For the OP, use Opera.
It uses a lot less resources than Firefox and yet comes with more features as standard. Go figure.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium
Fanboys, 3, 2, 1, fight!
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
They're all the same really. Except the firefox userbase have to constantly try to rip on people who use IE.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Mitch wrote:

stef10 wrote:

i disagree, i tried opera for a while. the one feature i love about opera though is how you cant accidently click on annoying ass flash ads. but the username/pass memory system wasnt perfect like firefoxes and i just couldnt be arsed to type my info er' ten seconds.
I have used Opera for over 4 years and never had problems with passwords.
cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Quicktime

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I hate how it hijacks all your file connections (VLC, WinAmp, etc, and any downloadable video/audio opens up in horrifying quality with it instead of downloading!) and simply fucks up and around in your computer.
Yep, and yep.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6552|CH/BR - in UK

stef10 wrote:

Yes - and you can import bookmarks really easily - opera rules (no memory leaks)

-konfusion
mikkel
+383|6603

Mitch wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Are you sure that you're doing it the right way? All you have to do is click yes to save your password, and whenever you want to log in again, click on the login box and hit ctrl+enter.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

I like Opera, however the extensions are what make FF so good. So I use FF.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6403|Leuven, Belgium
Firefox renders pages alot better than IE.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

People always talk about FF being secure....

One thing I hate about FF is it will encourage you to let if store your passwords and then (by default *) show all the passwords in clear text (Tools > Options > Security > Show Passwords)

Either in the office or at home this is a bad bad thing.... pop out to take a piss and someone can easily steal all your passwords

* yes you can and should protect with a master password but I'm sure almost no one does
Computer_Guy
+54|6699

stef10 wrote:

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
https://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/ff2b80x15.gif

I DEMAND THAT YOU CLICK THIS BUTTON !!!

tbh your favorites can be imported to firefox and once you go there you will never turn back, trust me!

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-01-12 09:51:21)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FloppY_
­

Computer_Guy wrote:

stef10 wrote:

With all the addons out now, firefox has ALL the functions of opera, and combined with the "no script" addon, firefox is more secure than Opera too !
FloppY_
­

KylieTastic wrote:

People always talk about FF being secure....

One thing I hate about FF is it will encourage you to let if store your passwords and then (by default *) show all the passwords in clear text (Tools > Options > Security > Show Passwords)

Either in the office or at home this is a bad bad thing.... pop out to take a piss and someone can easily steal all your passwords

* yes you can and should protect with a master password but I'm sure almost no one does
You can never protect against idiocy, with No-script, firefox is more secure than Opera....
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6481|Trondheim, Norway
Both Opera and Firefox is waaaaaaay better than IE

Personaly I use both of them.
FloppY_
­

some_random_panda wrote:

I got firefox once, then added a skin to make it like IE7.  However, the skin only worked for Vista so I went back to IE.

LOL you blame a skin? all firefox addons are 3rd party... so don't blame the browser for the crappy skin you Dl'ed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard