heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6385|New York
New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo is investigating possible violations of state and federal antitrust laws by Intel Corp., the world's largest manufacturer of computer microprocessors.

A Cuomo spokesman said subpoenas were being delivered Thursday seeking information on whether Intel coerced customers to exclude Advanced Micro Devices Inc., known as AMD, from the market for a specific computer processing unit.

Cuomo said his preliminary review showed a need for a full investigation.

The subpoenas seek data about Intel's pricing strategies and whether Intel penalized computer makers, cut off competitors' distribution channels, and improperly paid customers for exclusivity.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/busines … mp;emc=rss

Not just in New York either, Intel is facing scrutiny worldwide for shady business practices. This is news to me and I'm curious to see how this pans out.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Dragonclaw
+186|6302|Florida
I fail to see the problem here. Theres no such thing as "fair" rivalry anymore. AMD probably does the same kind of thing. As do many other assorted companies for different products and markets.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2008-01-10 13:31:39)

Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO
Wow you get geeks that are attorney generals now, I didn't know that. of course intels going to tell its customers and anyone who asks not to but AMD but buy intel.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6614|UCF
This is old news. This was suppose to happen since 2005; when AMD finally got one of their processors in a computer in a Best Buy store.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard