=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
Result:
failure.

So I got to 11 knifes. and right as I got # 12 the round ended so I couldn't get the 6 more needed and not to mention I ruined my knife KDR those few rounds that I attempted it. it sucked so bad. I don't think I got killed by anything but the noob tube. it's funny how scared people get when they turn around to a knfie swining at them.
*sigh* I thought for sure I'd get it.
but I started the round off better than ever.. I ran out of an alley and there was three guys behind a box.. I hopped over the box, they all jumped up shooting frantically, I knifed two of them, then the other one ran away. *sigh* I guess I'll have to try again today.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia
try really late at night, at like 4 am
DakotaDoc64
+0|6793|Omaha, Nebraska
I would just really like to get my basic.  The legal way, no padding.  Hate that with all my being.
I just keep making my already terrible K/D ratio even worse.

So a different time of day.  Hmmmmm
[LFX]angus
+0|6828|Texas...unfortunately
The expert knife is freaking impossible...I have tried it so many times; I have like 160 knife kills right now but haven't gotten close to it, and I have a purple heart thanks to that stupid award
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6809|Lake Constanze, Germany
It's hard, but not impossible to get it the legit way

Greetz,
Agent
ProDicTeD
+2|6809

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

Greetz,
Agent
Tip: try a 64 server.. Sharqi Peninsula is a nice place cause there are loads of snipers waiting to be knifed
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6809|Lake Constanze, Germany

ProDicTeD wrote:

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

Greetz,
Agent
Tip: try a 64 server.. Sharqi Peninsula is a nice place cause there are loads of snipers waiting to be knifed
Or if ur ping fits with mine, u can ask the little, nice and neat Agent to be a fluffy medic whore,
running with u, saving ur sweet little a$$ beeing killed too much

But tbh yeah, Sharqi is a pretty damn good map for that.....

Greetz,
Agent
Hanism
+0|6806
I'm not even considering actively going for the expert. 18 knife kills is a just hard! If I do get it, it will from luck.

The closest I've gotten was 12 kills when I discovered an AFK. 6 kills shy and the commander spotted me ;p
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
Oh man, I know *exactly* what you mean with the noob tube.  All you want when you die is to just get revived and keep truckin', but noob tubers just run around a corner, pop out, take out four guys including you and the medic who just revived you, and now you have to wait another 12 seconds.  I still don't quite know how that gun is balanced.

Also, you've done way better than I have in the expert knife category.  I've gotten 8 knife kills in one round going for that badge.

Last edited by CinnamonBits (2005-09-25 12:20:30)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
*sigh* it's just too hard I know I can do it... it's just a matter of getting the right time, and doing the right thing. like that round I got a ton of people on roofs so it was easier.. but still not THAT easy.. and the server I did it in only had 30 people in it... I thin I could probably do it on a 64 server.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6841|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
its all about momentum slay. i dont have it (i also dont care), but i bet once you get rolling with about 15+ knife kills, you'll have no problem. good luck bro!
The_Truth_16
+0|6790
im going for the basic knife and basic pistol shiat tonight on the motor city mayhem servers those 24/7 karkand or karkland somthing kark things

wish me luck
MOJO|Holle
+0|6789
I can only tell you what worked for me when I got my expert knife. This is for a 64 person server.

1) Coms.
2) Get a friend or someone on Coms that will be the squad leader.
3) Get the squad leader to hide behind an enemy spawn point. A great spot is on the Penisila behind the 3 east US spawns.
4) Spawn on leader, and knife the snipers standing by the wall.
5) Repete until you get to 18.

Expert knife was a P.I.T.A. to get. I think I finally got it after about 800 global knife kills and trying for about a month. I've since moved onto Explosives. Got Vet but getting the 30+ in one round is turning out to be a pain.

Oh and UAV is your friend. Use it.

Last edited by MOJO|Holle (2005-09-26 06:21:31)

ArkAng37
+1|6846|San Antonio, TX
I Cant seem to get 23 c4 klills I can get 20 no prob but its the last damn 3 that i cant get.
McCullough
+7|6839
I never even been close to basic 7 kills yet. somehow the dude I about to knife always get killed before I can kill him. Or i get blown to peaces by some grenade from space.
ProDicTeD
+2|6809
don't go hunting for the award. Just start playing. Try knifing some people in the beginnen of a round. If it goes well and you get 3 or 4 kills very quickly without dieing allot. Than go for it! Got 12 kills in a round going for veteran. with my normal k/d ratio. When i get another round with a quick 3 or 4 kills i'll go for expert. which is possible in certain maps
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6794|South Cybertown, Texas
It's not that hard if you can find a place where they spawn and stand around like sheep (waiting for a plane, maybe  ).

<added> It helps to have a freind as squad leader who hides in the bushes so you can spawn close to your targets after you get killed!

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2005-09-26 09:41:52)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

It's not that hard if you can find a place where they spawn and stand around like sheep (waiting for a plane, maybe  ).

<added> It helps to have a freind as squad leader who hides in the bushes so you can spawn close to your targets after you get killed!
coming from somebody with only the vet knife 18 kills is harder han 7.
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
It's just too hard to get.  I'm just going to forget about it and pretend like I don't care.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

CinnamonBits wrote:

It's just too hard to get.  I'm just going to forget about it and pretend like I don't care.
that's something that is impossible for me. it's always sitting there staring at me... "you only have a silver badge... you neeeed expert.. it's goooooooold. blah blah blah" GRRR *STAB STAB*
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

CinnamonBits wrote:

that's something that is impossible for me. it's always sitting there staring at me... "you only have a silver badge... you neeeed expert.. it's goooooooold. blah blah blah" GRRR *STAB STAB*
Heh, yeah.  You'll get better at the game while I get better at lying to myself.  And plus, I don't even care about the badge. 

Last edited by CinnamonBits (2005-09-26 22:32:53)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

MOJO|Holle wrote:

I can only tell you what worked for me when I got my expert knife. This is for a 64 person server.

1) Coms.
2) Get a friend or someone on Coms that will be the squad leader.
3) Get the squad leader to hide behind an enemy spawn point. A great spot is on the Penisila behind the 3 east US spawns.
4) Spawn on leader, and knife the snipers standing by the wall.
5) Repete until you get to 18.

Expert knife was a P.I.T.A. to get. I think I finally got it after about 800 global knife kills and trying for about a month. I've since moved onto Explosives. Got Vet but getting the 30+ in one round is turning out to be a pain.

Oh and UAV is your friend. Use it.
Explosives are deceptively hard to get... Lol. I tried tossing C4 @ the enemy to blow it up in his face, i ended up killing both of us more... Just look @ my C4 ratio. I gave it up after awhile...

Haha time to try for my basic pistol and knife soon.  Should have a basic shock paddie one too *grin*
ArkAng37
+1|6846|San Antonio, TX
I got my vet and expert knifing a friend call Einstien. He made me mad and i told him i was coming after him with a knife and form there forth we battled with the knifes and i got a couple off him! And eventually got it. He shock paddled me when i was sniping so that triggered my knifing revenge!
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6842|Missoula, MT

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Result:
failure.
That just strikes me as hilarious...don't get me wrong,  I feel your grief as well.  But still, hilarious. 
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

CMDR_Dave wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Result:
failure.
That just strikes me as hilarious...don't get me wrong,  I feel your grief as well.  But still, hilarious. 
I was trying ot add humour there actually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard