Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6702
Is the retarded crashing to desktop wile playing for no reason this new patch we have has more problems then the last one they better fix this in the next patch cant stand playing then it exits t o desktop then you gotta start it up all again if it ever happend wile i was close to getting a badge i'd slit there throat my battlefield 2 CD.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6751
I have never had that happen.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6851
man it is sureal when it happens
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6702
Yesterday i open up battlefield 2 i pick a server its loading i go in game just before the menu loads to pick a team and class guess what? Exits to desktop i cant take this any more fucking stupid EA stop being so greedy and make you're games work properly.

I dont remember it ever crashing this much or even at all with the last version
josh's
Banned
+2|6703
no kidding i hate when it does that
QuackinChicken
+1|6716

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Yesterday i open up battlefield 2 i pick a server its loading i go in game just before the menu loads to pick a team and class guess what? Exits to desktop i cant take this any more fucking stupid EA stop being so greedy and make you're games work properly.

I dont remember it ever crashing this much or even at all with the last version
I actually had the same problem in a reverse order the last patch made me crash at random intervals ingame, I send them an extremely detailed report with screens and the required info. What do they send me back?

A computer generated list of what is wrong with my pc to make the game crash, on the list is Install the latest 1.03 patch where we have fixed numerous problems, When I specifically told them the problem started after I installed 1.03. Luckily the newest patch soon arrived and I started playing again without error.

Yea EA has a lot of things they need to fix with this patch, but why spend a few dollars to fix the gripes of few when you can spend the same and churn out a booster pack and make millions off it?

EA won't change until it is forced to change, and the consumers are the only ones that can make them do that...
Trenchfoot42
+0|6694
I was on Sharqi Peninsula last week, playing as Engineer trying to get my vet engineer combat and repair badges.  I killed one person on foot at begining of  the game.  Jumped in a tank and killed 18 others without dieing (I had a friendly engineer in another tank asisting me close-by).  I had two enemy infantry 20 yards in front of my tank.  This would have got me my Veteran Engineer combat badge and my Armoured service ribbon together.  It would also have been a fantastic boost to my KD ratio, 20 kills and no deaths!

Guess what happened?  Crash to desktop!  3 seconds longer and I would have got a badge and a ribbon.

I too asked EA how else I could fix this game (Drivers etc yadder blah de blah)
They said reinstall, gosh what a surprise!

I asked how many times should I try reinstalling since I had allready done it over 10 times?
They said...................actually they didnt say anything, Im still waiting for a response that was over a month ago.

My last question to them is: How can I get a refund for my game? Since I bought it 3 months ago and its not faulty, the shop I bought it from will not accept it back.  I want my money back from EA! Or I want the game to work fucking properly!
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6769|The Netherlands
They really need to repair the coordinations bug (commander drops stuff at the wrong place due this)
the most obvious is Zatar but it appears in many more maps
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6702
lets all storm there office and slit all there throats
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6806|Jupiter
Chill down young on :p, its a game, give it time.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6711|Germany

Trenchfoot42 wrote:

I was on Sharqi Peninsula last week, playing as Engineer trying to get my vet engineer combat and repair badges.  I killed one person on foot at begining of  the game.  Jumped in a tank and killed 18 others without dieing (I had a friendly engineer in another tank asisting me close-by).  I had two enemy infantry 20 yards in front of my tank.  This would have got me my Veteran Engineer combat badge and my Armoured service ribbon together.  It would also have been a fantastic boost to my KD ratio, 20 kills and no deaths!

Guess what happened?  Crash to desktop!  3 seconds longer and I would have got a badge and a ribbon.

I too asked EA how else I could fix this game (Drivers etc yadder blah de blah)
They said reinstall, gosh what a surprise!

I asked how many times should I try reinstalling since I had allready done it over 10 times?
They said...................actually they didnt say anything, Im still waiting for a response that was over a month ago.

My last question to them is: How can I get a refund for my game? Since I bought it 3 months ago and its not faulty, the shop I bought it from will not accept it back.  I want my money back from EA! Or I want the game to work fucking properly!
It seems that your computer doesn't work properly,I've never experienced a crash to desktop.
And by the way,I got my Veteran Engineer the way you described it... ;-P
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6803|Singapore

I get it from time to time. Twice a week or so? Never happened before.,
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6755|Clinton, MD, USA
It used to happen to me alot but after the 1.3 patch, it stopped happening. It just came up again today, though. I think it's server related. The game crashed on one particular server 3 times. I changed the server and it stopped. It also happens if too many non-game related buttons are pressed and if too many things are happening when you join a server.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6702

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Chill down young on :p, its a game, give it time.
Im 21 and yeah i know but if you're gonna make something and charge money at least make it work properly.
breethon
+0|6664

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Is the retarded crashing to desktop wile playing for no reason this new patch we have has more problems then the last one they better fix this in the next patch cant stand playing then it exits t o desktop then you gotta start it up all again if it ever happend wile i was close to getting a badge i'd slit there throat my battlefield 2 CD.
IF this has happened to you and you own an ATI RADEON card raise your hand................I think it is the card.  Check out the notes for the **NEW** 6.2 catalyst.......hmmmmmmmmm.........try an old driver.  5.12 works good for me   6.1 brought it back for my machine.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6742|Australia

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

you need more ram
breethon
+0|6664

-_{MoW}_-Assasin wrote:

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

you need more ram
I should hope 2GB OCZ ram should suffice?
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6712
i think it happens cuz your ping is too high and your machine couldn't handle it at the point it crashes and cools down by closing the program. i'm not a computer guy but thats my best guess
breethon
+0|6664

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

i think it happens cuz your ping is too high and your machine couldn't handle it at the point it crashes and cools down by closing the program. i'm not a computer guy but thats my best guess
but i never had it happen until the new drivers came out.  It is weird.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6712
lol well it does take a while to reboot the game when you crash this happened to me in the worst way ever. i'm playing today and about to go to the {SAS} server in UK when after waiting a couple minutes to load it falls back to the favorites list and says network details corrupt or something like that. Try it again, i go into the game for less than a second and it says There is a problem with your connection. So i'm like ok ok i'll get over it. I go back again and it crashes the second i go into it. So yeah i had one of the best runs in there wen i eventually go back in
Mad dawg
+0|6783
I think all ur computers are messed. Its never happened to me. Its eather ur computer or u. And by the way whoever wants there money back. They never sayed the game was for online. If u can still play it offline technically ur game is still working. And if u want ur money back because of that... wow thats sad. I think u need to stop slapping ur computers and let em run.
=11th.cav=Lee
+1|6686|Waddinxveen, The Netherlands

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

I have never had that happen.
Thats maybe the reason they must fix this....
Because its annoying for the peeps have it, more annoying is to hear something like this from peeps who doenst have it
livebait
+0|6782
Happens to me about once a week.
encoded_evil
+1|6672|Gent
I play BF2 & SF for 199:32:48 (8d 7h)
It never crashed to desktop ... only problem I have is that I cant connect to 80% of the servers when I use VOIP (I think it has something to do with my router?)
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6769|The Netherlands
the new ATI driver allowes CTD so I don't use it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard