An Enlarged Liver
+35|6714|Backward Ass Kansas
January 10, 2008 ·  Major Andrew Olmsted wrote a "final post" to be included on his blog if he died in Iraq. Last week he was killed by a sniper and the entry was posted online, drawing extensive commentary.

http://andrewolmsted.com/
Ben0
The Last Gunslinger
+38|6345|Southampton
That was pretty depressing. But enlightening I suppose. Seemed like a genuinely decent guy, and you can't really argue with any of his points.... apart from the fact that he liked babylon 5 waaaaaaay too much.  R.I.P
An Enlarged Liver
Yeah apparent I'm going to have to watch that one again...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
inane little opines
An Enlarged Liver
Well i did a search for Olmsted with no hits so if they would have spelled his name right this would not be here.
NantanCochise
+55|5949|Portugal/United States
May he R.I.P.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US
At least he had a sense of humor about his own mortality.  I have to agree with most of his sentiments.  My condolences to friends and family.  RIP.
Smithereener
+138|6286|California
I haven't really ever cried about anyone else's stuff, only my own demons. This is, quite honestly, the first time in a long time that I had felt myself tearing up a bit. Sharing the first same name might have contributed to it a bit though.

RIP
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Wow, that was profound.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
I'll delete my thread about this.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
He died trying to protect the scumbag insurgents from dying...telling them to surrender... and was killed by a sniper... If they had just killed the insurgents he would be alive... very sad
Love is the answer
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6449|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I played both Freedom isn't Free, and American Soldier while reading that.  It was most profound, and depressing, but always with a trace of humour.  Sounds like a real good man, and he will be missed.

Rest in Peace Major.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard