jord
+2,382|6698|The North, beyond the wall.

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The early patches had some really bad balancing issues, a few of which were caused by exploits. Now the game is very well balanced and while I do miss the BH guns it is over all better now.
What was wrong with the balance? The game is more unbalanced now, in the air that is,
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6473|The Twilight Zone

Spider1980 wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Just re-installed BF2 after my computer decided to be a tosser. Does anyone play the old patches if so which one is the best? Also how do you have multiple patches. I tried to search really couldn't find anything conclusive help would be appreciated.
Old school? sounds pretty retarded to me...
you sound retarded
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6488

jord wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The early patches had some really bad balancing issues, a few of which were caused by exploits. Now the game is very well balanced and while I do miss the BH guns it is over all better now.
What was wrong with the balance? The game is more unbalanced now, in the air that is,
And only in the air. GLs had a massive splash radius and could be used at any range, combine that with jump-shooting and you can easily be an unhittable bouncing death machine, Carbines were more accurate that the sniper rifles, LMGs and SMGs were very inaccurate and could only be used at very close range. The AA was utterly useless, poor tracking and range, only other jets could kill other jets and only other choppers could kill other choppers.  Also the TV missiles range could reach into enemy spawnpoints on certain maps, meaning death to those who jumped straight into a tank on some maps. Now the only problems are the impassible claymores, which are rare on real servers though they plague that IO crap and the J10 and MIG being to agile for the American aircraft to keep up with but buy a joystick or G5/9 and that problem is solved.
jord
+2,382|6698|The North, beyond the wall.

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

jord wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

And only in the air. GLs had a massive splash radius and could be used at any range, combine that with jump-shooting and you can easily be an unhittable bouncing death machine, Carbines were more accurate that the sniper rifles, LMGs and SMGs were very inaccurate and could only be used at very close range. The AA was utterly useless, poor tracking and range, only other jets could kill other jets and only other choppers could kill other choppers.  Also the TV missiles range could reach into enemy spawnpoints on certain maps, meaning death to those who jumped straight into a tank on some maps. Now the only problems are the impassible claymores, which are rare on real servers though they plague that IO crap and the J10 and MIG being to agile for the American aircraft to keep up with but buy a joystick or G5/9 and that problem is solved.
Oh, I thought balance is how one team is a lot easier to win as than another. Or how one team has something better than the other team has. Like the J10 or something, but both teams can have grenade launchers, c4, carbines.

The Blackhawk make playing US purposeful on Wake. That's what I would call balance.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6401|the land of bourbon
i was watching some old youtubes of blackhawk death, and nerfing that was probably the dumbest thing EA ever did.  they wanted this game to be about teamwork, and a full BH with engis and those sweet miniguns were exactly that.  the pilot would have to rely on voip to know where threats are, while the engis could score repair pts, with the minis racking up kills.  Now, everyone fights over the attack helis bc the BHs suck ass.  they have become the tools of asshattery on the carrier decks, with hardly a real use in the game.  besides wake, i'm thinking songhua was a sweeeet map with those blackhawks, but now i'll never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qIGtkmnWc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPTAmo-5BBg

i'm adding these as i find them.  anyone else got some good ones?

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-01-10 12:07:00)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
cablecopulate
+449|6758|Massachusetts.
Don't forget Mashtuur. They ruled the map.

edit: oh hey look at that, the video is Mashtuur.

edit 2: Was that all one round? They weren't that impressive. There's gotta be better Blackhawk vids out there.

Last edited by cablecopulate (2008-01-10 12:04:08)

Drexel
+43|6496|Philadelphia

jord wrote:

Oh, I thought balance is how one team is a lot easier to win as than another. Or how one team has something better than the other team has. Like the J10 or something, but both teams can have grenade launchers, c4, carbines.

The Blackhawk make playing US purposeful on Wake. That's what I would call balance.
You forget that wake was not designed for BF2, let alone in the early patches.  If you carbon copy a map from an entirely different game, no crap the thing isn't balanced.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6784

steelie34 wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Just re-installed BF2 after my computer decided to be a tosser. Does anyone play the old patches if so which one is the best? Also how do you have multiple patches. I tried to search really couldn't find anything conclusive help would be appreciated.
actually, from what i hear, blackhawks were un-fucking-real.  c4 could be tossed, and dolphin diving was the only way to move.  i got into the bf2 scene pretty late so i missed it all.  i would gladly play "old school" if enough people did.
Jesus Christ I remember when this game came out and I was playing v1.0. My fav map used to be Mashturr and the Blackhawk just destroyed everything! Scores would get up to like 500+ a round if u had a good pilot.

Ahh... the good ole days.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6480|UK
Lol look what I started.
0akleaves
+183|6633|Newcastle UK
what ever people say bf2 back then would be so much better than cod4 and crysis now better sounds 2.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6542
lot of crybabies in this thread
old bf2 > bf2 now
Longbow
+163|6667|Odessa, Ukraine
Actually they never prevented ppl from noobtubing, they just prevented them from playing assault by making GL so weak that most of players just gave up on it an swapped to medic\support.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-01-10 17:38:59)

jason85
Banned
+58|6017|Mesa, AZ

SharkyMcshark wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

actually, from what i hear, blackhawks were un-fucking-real.  c4 could be tossed, and dolphin diving was the only way to move.  i got into the bf2 scene pretty late so i missed it all.  i would gladly play "old school" if enough people did.
You really don't. Jets and heli's raped EVERYTHING, and anti air was next to useless. The SMG's and LMGs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn unless you were standing two feet from said barn or pressing the gun directly into the back of the head of said barn. People used grenade launchers as shotguns. Being brushed by a vehicle moving at 1 feet per hour caused instant death. There was C4 chucking which was stupid, bunny hopping which was stupid, prone spamming which was stupid, dolphin diving which was stupid. The blackhawk was god but at the same time extremely unbalanced. There was the no kit bug *more faults here... the list goes on and on*

Believe me, BF2 is much better now. It's by no means perfect, but it's much much better than BF2 1.0 or 1.03.
The old patches are still the shit. I'll give you the SMG part, but the LMG's were fine. Maybe it's just because I got used to how it fired but I had no issues dropping people with an RPK.
jason85
Banned
+58|6017|Mesa, AZ

wah1188 wrote:

Here is how I have multiple patches. Go to you My Computer and open up your programs. Find the EA Games folder, open it up and copy the whole BF2 folder, then save to desktop. Then go ahead and patch to whatever update you want, and it will be in the copied folder. I have 1.03 on my desktop and 1.41 in the copied folder. It took me about an hour and a half so make sure you have some free time.
Overdose
+13|6135|Fort Worth, TX
Or just download the bf2 demo. Its vanilla bf2 with all the glitches, blackhawks, and prone spamming. Plus it was 40+ servers still running! Only problem is that the only map is 32 player Oman
t0mhank5
+319|6732|Surge
Anyone wanna start up 1.12 again?

we need nubs though...
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6705|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

daddyofdeath wrote:

Most people have installed 1.41 mate. No one plays on old patches anymore I don't think.
ur wrong yet ur right most play 1.41 but there are 1.12 servers beleave me
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6348

ig wrote:

old bf2 > bf2 now
STFU UP! OMG NO IMS NOT!!!!!!!!1

Meh, I never got a chance to play the old patches
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6693|Australia
Those were the days that you Tk'ed for a Blackhawk.

*reminisces*
simmy.uk
+117|6458
Try the original version without any patches. There are more than a couple unranked servers you can have fun with.

I played the original afew months ago when BF2 directory got corrupted. Had fun with the jumping and shooting and everything else that was fun with the game. It's a laugh, but there may come a time when you want to play ranked.
Still, it saves a mega download too.
InjectionNZ
+1|6310|New Zealand

ig wrote:

old bf2 > bf2 now
0akleaves
+183|6633|Newcastle UK
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc … ;plindex=2 wala TOP, bf2 and miniguns at its finest.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard