jason85
Banned
+58|6005|Mesa, AZ
The last few days I decided to start playing SF, haven't played it before except for a couple hours. I started playing single player to familiarize myself with a few maps so I'm not running around like a idiot trying to find things. While I am playing it, my screen keeps going black and then goes away. A few minutes later the same thing happens. Eventually the game just crashes. Its happened a few times. Just a couple minutes ago, I was playing online and the whole time I was lagging horribly with 50 ping (better than about half of the people), my screen keeps going black, and then crash.

So I have a couple questions: Why the hell am I lagging so badly with 50 ping? I have no other programs running, I just turned on the computer, let it load, and started the game. The other question is what can I do about the whole black screen thing? I thought it might have been my video settings, but I checked it and it is on shitty, absolutely no decent graphics.

Its really annoying, and it doesn't happen with vanilla. Any help would be appreciated.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6717|Germany
As for the lag : SF acts weird once in a while. As far as I remember, you have to play around with the settings a bit to let it run smoothly.

As for the other problems, without your specs it will be pretty hard to help you. Couls be your screen, your graphic card.
Bit more info please.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT
RAM problem?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6653|Camoran's Paradise
Sounds like a driver issue.  Get the latest graphics driver for your card and reinstall them.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Dont hate comuters,,, hate YOUR computer or DICE for doing a crappy job coding SF...

tbh we need your specs...

Have you updated your GFX driver lately ?

You do know that LAG and Choppy framerates are not the same right?
Lag is the effect of high ping or bad network connections, it has nothing to do with your computers performance...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jason85
Banned
+58|6005|Mesa, AZ
Lets see...My CPU is a 3800= AMD Athlon 64 bit, I have a gig of RAM, a piece of crap Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card....Not really sure what else.

My friend told me that integrated graphic cards suck balls, but too bad I'm poor. So that might be it.
jason85
Banned
+58|6005|Mesa, AZ

FloppY_ wrote:

Dont hate comuters,,, hate YOUR computer or DICE for doing a crappy job coding SF...

tbh we need your specs...

Have you updated your GFX driver lately ?

You do know that LAG and Choppy framerates are not the same right?
Lag is the effect of high ping or bad network connections, it has nothing to do with your computers performance...
I'm just talking about my computer, right now. Every time I get on a computer something inside senses me and decides to act up.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6717|Germany

jason85 wrote:

Lets see...My CPU is a 3800= AMD Athlon 64 bit, I have a gig of RAM, a piece of crap Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card....Not really sure what else.

My friend told me that integrated graphic cards suck balls, but too bad I'm poor. So that might be it.
There you go : Your Graphic card is most probably the problem of the whole story. Even though SF uses the same engine as vanilla, it is much more demanding. Hence your graphic problems.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Tbh i am amazed that even BF2 can run on a 61xx card
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard