Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6672|Groningen, The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I got this update file I need to play some game.
My friend sent it to me and I know it's not some weirdass virus

The problem is I cant unzip the .exe files in it, it sais windows is blocking them.
I cant find a way around this block :S vista is to damn protective

Thanks for the help
~matt

[edit]
Problem solved, other unzipping application worked

Last edited by Gamematt (2008-01-08 11:07:21)

adam1503
+85|6398|Manchester, UK
What exactly happens when you try to unzip them?
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
https://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1215/unzipblockbp2.jpg
Dragonclaw
+186|6315|Florida
Uninstall vista.
adam1503
+85|6398|Manchester, UK
Hmm, Ive never seen this.  There should be a setting in Vista to tell it to STFU.  Afraid I cant help you my friend.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks

adam1503 wrote:

Hmm, Ive never seen this.  There should be a setting in Vista to tell it to STFU.  Afraid I cant help you my friend.
Yeah I would have thought the same, but it doesnt show anything and I can't find anything either.

Even tried with user account control turned off, no luck there either
Ben0
The Last Gunslinger
+38|6384|Southampton
Vista is a hairy sack of crap. Bill Gates needs to be T-bagged. Good luck with an answer dude.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6796|Bulgaria

Dragonclaw wrote:

Uninstall vista.

Good idea.

I don't have Vista, so I can't really help... Are you logged in as the PC administrator, btw? just a thought...
Dragonclaw
+186|6315|Florida
I googled it, tons of people are having this problem with no apparent solution to disable it.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks

Dragonclaw wrote:

I googled it, tons of people are having this problem with no apparent solution to disable it.
Lol, why didn't I think of googling it
Well I think I thought of a solution, Ill find another pc, unzip the files there and copy it onto here with an mp3 or something.

Gotta find another pc now lol.

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

Uninstall vista.

Good idea.

I don't have Vista, so I can't really help... Are you logged in as the PC administrator, btw? just a thought...
yep, I'm sure I'm doing the basic stuff right

Last edited by Gamematt (2008-01-08 06:13:16)

Dragonclaw
+186|6315|Florida
How can vista be so fucking shit that it autoblocks you from running any fucking exe file. That is fucking retarded.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6448|King Of The Islands

Dragonclaw wrote:

How can vista be so fucking shit that it autoblocks you from running any fucking exe file. That is fucking retarded.
Yet this is the first anyone's heard of it.

Perplexing...

Try turning off Defender.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6551|Washington
I had same problem on my moms laptop, I sent her a game and tried to install it, wouldn't unzip so I just said fuckit...

I think there might be a setting in the IAC or whatever it's called, that lets you turn down the safety settings.
I hate Vista, Especially trying to figure things out on a laptop...
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

Dragonclaw wrote:

Same with MSN. Sometimes it'll block you from opening EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FILE you transfer, no matter if it's a .jpg, .zip, .mp3, .exe, rar, .tar.gz, etc. it'll just stop you from opening the file, saying that exact message. On any OS, too!

FUCKING IDIOTIC!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Dragonclaw
+186|6315|Florida

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

Same with MSN. Sometimes it'll block you from opening EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FILE you transfer, no matter if it's a .jpg, .zip, .mp3, .exe, rar, .tar.gz, etc. it'll just stop you from opening the file, saying that exact message. On any OS, too!

FUCKING IDIOTIC!
I disabled the MSN block once. You have to right click on the file and "turn off block" or something like that.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
Try scanning the zip. Maybe vista will let you unzip it then. Just an idea.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6142|Scotland!

Dragonclaw wrote:

Nobody said that, who said that? are you drunk?
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks

Vilham wrote:

Try scanning the zip. Maybe vista will let you unzip it then. Just an idea.
Nice one, I'll try that

[edit] no luck

Last edited by Gamematt (2008-01-08 06:58:48)

Dragonclaw
+186|6315|Florida

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

Nobody said that, who said that? are you drunk?
You know what I mean.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6700|Devon, England
How about...

Right clicking WinRAR Shortcut in the Programs list, running it as an admin, and then finding the file through that?
adam1503
+85|6398|Manchester, UK
Cant you just get your friend to send you the unzipped .exe file?  How big is it?
Dragonclaw
+186|6315|Florida
Apparently Daemon Tools doesnt work in vista either along with these "cant unzip exe" crap. If this crap isnt fixed in SP1 I wont buy it.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6781|Rotherham, England
Try winrar 3.71 instead of winzip. Any chance of a link to file then I could have a better look. (assuming it's not sensitive data that is)
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
disable UAC
disable the security center service
disable windows update
get useful programs
update when you need to

vista's fine
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks

pedigreeuk wrote:

Try winrar 3.71 instead of winzip. Any chance of a link to file then I could have a better look. (assuming it's not sensitive data that is)
We have a winner

All it took was a different unzipping programm ty

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard