Tr0n.
+7|6023|Seattle/Ellensburg, WA
Lately whenever I play bf2 or STALKER the game will load up fine, but after about 15-20 minutes my monitor will go all black and tell me theres no connection. I have to turn my pc off, then back on and it works again. It has only happened while playing bf2 or STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl.
Anybody know what might be up?

Last edited by Tr0n. (2008-01-07 22:38:49)

aimless
+166|6169|Texas
Does it work when you play any other 3d games? The video card could be disabling the monitor whenever it detects a 3d application.
Tr0n.
Ooops I should tell you the games play fine for 15-20 minutes then it goes black.
Eugefunk84
+48|6578
does this happen if youre just usin the web? emailin and such? if you can go a half hour usin the web without this happenin, id say the prob is your vid card
Tr0n.
Hmm..

E6600
2 GB RAM
Radeon X1950 PRO 256 MB     

I run STALKER on med/high and bf2 on max and my pc is hardly a year old.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6366|Orrstrayleea
1950 pro ey? Update your drivers, then go into catalyst, unlock it in the advanced panel, set all settings to low otherwise you'll overheat. And un-check the box that says "Enable ATI overdrive for 3d applications only"

I had the same problem with my XTX, If that doesnt work, it may be your monitor
aimless
+166|6169|Texas
Get a temperature monitoring program and check the temps of the video card while in bf2 or something. Anything 75+ °C isn't good.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6177|Carnoustie, Scotland
Also, to test if it's your monitor, have a spare one sitting by, and swap the cables when your screen goes black. If it stays black on the other monitor that you know works, then it'll be your GFX card.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard