SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6127|North Tonawanda, NY

phil-12-12 wrote:

So? Americans make these kind of games too.
It doesn't really matter who does it.  How ridiculous would a game be if it was something like "Slaughter the Indian women and children in the western frontier" or "Gas as many Jews as possible" or "Let's bomb the embassy"?  I think just about anyone would find those morally reprehensible themes for a game.  Making a game based on a terrible tragedy or terrorist act is just plain disgusting.
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6528|Donnacona, Quebec
If the planes had hit the Eiffel tower, you'd be the ones making this kind of games.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6154|Anaheim, Mexifornia

FredFLQ wrote:

If the planes had hit the Eiffel tower, you'd be the ones making this kind of games.
Negative Frenchie Canadian.
phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6180|c-c-c-Canada

MetaL* wrote:

FredFLQ wrote:

Dumb ass Californian.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
Moronic stereotypers.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6695

nukchebi0 wrote:

Moronic stereotypers.
And it begins.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT

PspRpg-7 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Moronic stereotypers.
And it begins.
Do explain.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6154|Anaheim, Mexifornia

phil-12-12 wrote:

MetaL* wrote:

FredFLQ wrote:

Dumb ass Californian.
Ey please phil don't turn this into a flame thread you will get burned kthx ey.

Last edited by MetaL* (2008-01-03 00:58:50)

geNius
..!.,
+144|6439|SoCal
I'm sure Germans are tired of WWII games.

Get over it.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

geNius wrote:

Get over it.
You know, there is a marked difference between a game based on a declared war, and a game based on a terrorist act.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6439|SoCal

SenorToenails wrote:

geNius wrote:

Get over it.
You know, there is a marked difference between a game based on a declared war, and a game based on a terrorist act.
This game doesn't put the player in the pilot's seat, now does it?
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

geNius wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

geNius wrote:

Get over it.
This game doesn't put the player in the pilot's seat, now does it?
Does that matter?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

So, when the 27-year-old from Graniteville was told of an Internet videogame allowing players to shoot down airplanes as they fly toward the Twin Towers, he was disgusted and the old hurt surfaced again.
That's right, be disgusted at crashing planes being brushed away from populated buildings. Question: did he actually play it? If not, what does he have to worry about? Harry Potter is tasteless to extremist Christians, but you don't see everybody else calling for a ban.

And no, the game doesn't sound interesting at all.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-01-03 01:35:21)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That's right, be disgusted at crashing planes being brushed away from populated buildings.
However, in a 2002 Denver Post article, the French game designer said there is no way to win the game.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
Pwned.

Additionally, extremist Christian are a smaller minority, while much of America, even those not close to people in the attack, felt the pain of it.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-01-03 01:40:19)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

This is pure generalizing USM and you know it, the game is tasteless no doubt but it has nothing to do with France as a country, it could have been made anywhere but the US.

Last edited by Varegg (2008-01-03 01:52:14)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
PureFodder
+225|6283
Reminds me of Super Columbine Massacre RPG (a genuine game) except possibly that one had more of a point.

If you want to bitch about Muslims going crazy over some cartoons that are about the absolute height of bad taste for them, then do what we all advise them to do, don't watch it, don't play it, get on with life. Believe it or not there have been 9/11 jokes around since about 9/12 and some of them are incredibly funny.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

PureFodder wrote:

Reminds me of Super Columbine Massacre RPG (a genuine game) except possibly that one had more of a point.

If you want to bitch about Muslims going crazy over some cartoons that are about the absolute height of bad taste for them, then do what we all advise them to do, don't watch it, don't play it, get on with life. Believe it or not there have been 9/11 jokes around since about 9/12 and some of them are incredibly funny.
I agree that if you don't like it, don't play it.  I won't be playing that game.  All I say is that it is in poor taste to make such a game.
BVC
+325|6693

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Pubic wrote:

France doesn't give a shit about anyone else, its that simple.
Yeah, great way to generalise a whole nation based off the works of a single amateur games studio.

So do you all really have a thing for sheep in New Zealand?
No its just Aussies with a sheep fetish who think we do.

And to prove it, heres a picture of a monument to Australian sexuality in Canberra; the Australian capital.

Last edited by Pubic (2008-01-03 03:30:35)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
Cry more
mikkel
+383|6598
Oh no. A game depicting a real world event. How tragic.

I was going to go play BF1942 as Axis, or perhaps BF:V as NVA, but I'm just so disgusted that some people would make a game about a tragic event where the good guys don't win that I just have to shed a few tears before I go play.

It's a game, guys. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-01-03 03:51:28)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

mikkel wrote:

I was going to go play BF1942 as Axis, or perhaps BF:V as NVA, but I'm just so disgusted that some people would make a game about a tragic event where the good guys don't win that I just have to shed a few tears before I go play.

Yes, it is a game.  But don't you see a difference between a game taking place in a war and a game based on a terrorist act?  I'm not saying that this game should be banned, I am saying that it's creation was pretty despicable.  To each his own I guess.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

SenorToenails wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Yes, it is a game.  But don't you see a difference between a game taking place in a war and a game based on a terrorist act?  I'm not saying that this game should be banned, I am saying that it's creation was pretty despicable.  To each his own I guess.
not really
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

"Both videogame renderings and the sound effects are reminiscent of eerie, horrifying images embedded in the psyches of Americans -- reminders of how 2,749 people perished when the towers were hit by aircraft and crumbled to the ground more than six years ago. '

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/20 … r_dis.html
I gotta tell ya, I have no problem with this game. It might be offensive to some, but could be no more offensive than BF2 to a a person who witnessed death and destruction in Iraq or Afghanistan. Maybe a Vietnam vet could be offended by BFV or perhaps a WW2 vet offended by BF1942, yet we all know how we feel about these games.

The real issue for me is this, if you are offended by such games, do not play them. We have no constitutional right NOT to be offended. I do not believe in censorship beyond what parents administer to their children.
mikkel
+383|6598

SenorToenails wrote:

mikkel wrote:

I don't really see any difference other than that World War 2 and the Vietnam war were much more destructive. Many million people died horrible deaths in both wars, and many million people were executed. Soldiers and civilians alike.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard