MaximumMayhem
+27|6648|Mashtuur Boulevard
Hi all, just writing to give you a heads up in regards to a worm that my PC has picked up twice in the past two days.  It seems to be imbedded in a server logo cache .jpeg.

Here is a screenshot of my A/V picking it up...

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=virus2mk.jpg

Needless to say, I'm staying right away from EA Korea (cant remember which one)..

Ciao
- Steve
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6698
If my memory serves, there was another thread about this. Supposedly the image file just resembled a worm, and so the virus software mistakenly identified it as such. I could be wrong, and I suppose it cant hurt to be careful.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6844|Australia
hahaha whats the chances a pic happens to look like a virus? thats pretty freaky

besides a picture file which is not exicutable cant hurt your computer anyways... because its only read not exicuted...
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6736

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

hahaha whats the chances a pic happens to look like a virus? thats pretty freaky

besides a picture file which is not exicutable cant hurt your computer anyways... because its only read not exicuted...
There is a "new" virus out there that can be embedded into images, but I thought those were .png's.  Windows knew about it for years but only started to work on a patch recently

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard