usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Because not every criminal threatens life.
Ya...I see muggers a giving box of chocolates to their victims all the time.
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6572

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Perhaps he actually cares about other people's lives.
Why care about someone who damages other people's lives, who themself don't give a fuck about who they harm?

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

You make it sound like every criminal threatens life.
I bet I can find alot of examples where someone who was robbed, ended up mentally damaged, and constantly afraid. That's ok though eh?
But they often threaten QUALITY of life.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5986|Perth, indian ocean

usmarine2005 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Owch, he got ya there mate
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

some_random_panda wrote:

Let's look at this in a different way, Rooster Cantrell.  Jaywalkers threaten life by causing drivers to swerve if close, and perhaps crash and kill others or die themselves.  Do we shoot the jaywalker?
Nope, the jaywalker was not being deviant or malicious in his actions, he wasn't prepared to or attempted to hurt anyone. I am sorry whether or not you break into an empty house, you ARE hurting that family, financially and emotionally.

If the jaywalker got killed during his actions, and that action was t ocause harm to someone sure, he had it coming.

Last edited by lowing (2008-01-01 20:57:35)

Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6304
You make it sound like every criminal threatens life.
Oh hey honey! Lets go relax in the living room and watch a movie!

No honey, I can't I am to afraid of someone trying to rob us, We have to be on our guard.

Why can they not watch a movie? Because they we're robbed by someone who did not hurt them psyically but mentally. People have to be paranoid and on their guard 24/7 even while you sleep, It's a fucking downer but to those that it has happened to it sucks.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

some_random_panda wrote:

Let's look at this in a different way, Rooster Cantrell.  Jaywalkers threaten life by causing drivers to swerve if close, and perhaps crash and kill others or die themselves.  Do we shoot the jaywalker?
Well, I earlier said, death is extreme for any crime, but using your example, I think it wouldn't be out of line if someone, jaywalked, cause a car accident, and if there was significant injury, I don't think it would be too far to give them some jail time for reckless endangerment.

The litigation behind proving that would be ludicris i'm sure, but that's par for alot of the Justice System.

some_random_panda wrote:

By the sounds of it, the robbers knew the owner was out of the house.  Thus they either didn't want to hurt him, or they didn't want to commit murder as well.  As for stolen goods, well, I've had it done to me before, and insurance paid up.
True, but if they made a mistake, and someone (unarmed) was home, would the robbers apoligize and leave, or go to extreme measures to prevent getting arrested?

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-01-01 20:59:02)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6393

Squatters are criminals.  I don't hear of many squatters harming other people.

Also, my relatives overseas woke up to see a face peering into the kitchen window, despite there being a large fence around the house.  They got up, more or less raised hell, and the person ran and never came back.

They're not paranoid at all.

RoosterCantrell wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Well, I earlier said, death is extreme for any crime, but using your example, I think it wouldn't be out of line if someone, jaywalked, cause a car accident, and if there was significant injury, I don't think it would be too far to give them some jail time for reckless endangerment.

The litigation behind proving that would be ludicris i'm sure, but that's par for alot of the Justice System.

some_random_panda wrote:

By the sounds of it, the robbers knew the owner was out of the house.  Thus they either didn't want to hurt him, or they didn't want to commit murder as well.  As for stolen goods, well, I've had it done to me before, and insurance paid up.
True, but if they made a mistake, and someone (unarmed) was home, would the robbers apoligize and leave, or go to extreme measures to prevent getting arrested?
I'd run, actually.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2008-01-01 21:00:53)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yer absolutely correct. I am catching 20 kinds of hell because I do not give a shit about the demise of the robbers. LOL
Thats where you are mistaken. Nobody wants crimes or to see people victimized. But you seem unable to tell the difference between that and someone saying they do not believe in subverting the law when life is not in danger.
Oh I know the difference, I just do not care if the world is missing to frickin thugs.
Most of us don't. I have a problem with the entire justice system being thrown out and handed over to individuals who are frustrated, angry, and armed.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ya I called.  You retards are blaming the beer for the DUI.
Where?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Thats where you are mistaken. Nobody wants crimes or to see people victimized. But you seem unable to tell the difference between that and someone saying they do not believe in subverting the law when life is not in danger.
Oh I know the difference, I just do not care if the world is missing to frickin thugs.
Most of us don't. I have a problem with the entire justice system being thrown out and handed over to individuals who are frustrated, angry, and armed.
In rare cases, but even the people who "defend" themselves with lethal force better get ready for thier own long and drawn out legal battle.
It's not handed over.   

People will defend themselves if necissary.  Stupid people will go too far and overreact.  If you can cure stupidity, I think we'd have something there
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I have a problem with a justice system where justice doesn't exist. PUNISH THE CRIMINALS!!
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

I have a problem with a justice system where justice doesn't exist. PUNISH THE CRIMINALS!!
Does anyone have the right to take the law into their own hands?
Phrozenbot
+632|6618|do not disturb

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Matthew 5:38-5:39

‘You have heard that it was said, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” But I say to you, Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also;
You're misapplying verses again. 

Luke 22:36 would be more appropriate.  He said to them, "Now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."
I don't believe it means you can kill someone every time the opportunity arises to defend yourself, let alone your neighbor and his property. We definitely can defend ourselves when our life, family, or friends is threatened, but in a scenario like this where Mr. Horn disobeyed the 911 operator and went ahead and killed those two men, I don't think it applies, unless the law allowed him to defend his neighbor's property with lethal force. Mr. Horn could have definitely handled that situation differently though.

Lowing, from what I know, those two "thugs" only had a few minor scraps with the law. I know what they did was wrong, but I'd rather they get arrested and do some time. It is possible the two (or hopefully one) could clean their act and be normal law abiding citizens afterwards. I believe in second chances.
David.P
Banned
+649|6276
But yet when the criminals kill people in their homes because of the failed robbery attempt there is no outrage from the anti gun groups?
Please enlighten me to why?

I dont feel like argueing with you today spark. So i'm just gonna say if they were white you would have not heard about this.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

I agree that the system is imperfect. But digressing into our ancestorial wild west days will not resolve criminal behavior on the whole. As demonstrated in this thread people aren't always in agreement with the punishment for the crime. Leaving decisions such as these up to the emotionally affected is almost certainly a bad idea. Judgment should not be passed by those with cloudy reasoning.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

David.P wrote:

But yet when the criminals kill people in their homes because of the failed robbery attempt there is no outrage from the anti gun groups?
Please enlighten me to why?

I dont feel like argueing with you today spark. So i'm just gonna say if they were white you would have not heard about this.
It's the conservatives!!!!  Fucking short haired, tie wearing conservatives!!!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6687|United States of America

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

People make the argument that the amount of force used in situations like this one are criminal and thus they can be punished.
ReTox
+100|6501|State of RETOXification

usmarine2005 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

And what of the homeless guy breaking into a house to steal food because he hasn't had anything to eat in three days?

Guilt is to be decided by the courts because there tends to be a lot more going on then just the 5:00 PM headlines let on.  I'm not saying one shouldn't defend oneself but ALL actions have consequences, whether for ill or not everything we do has a result.  It's called karma.  I've defended myself from aggressors before, even from thugs with knives and I've yet to feel a need to kill someone for it... and I have been injured and felt scared of it happening again.  I never wanted to kill the dude though, never once.

I think excessive force should be prosecuted even if that person is a victim.  Nothing like the bullied kid turning into the bully to keep the cycle of violence going.

"An eye for an eye will only leave the whole world blind"  -Ghandi
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

Well maybe we should wait until the courts have decided.......
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

usmarine2005 wrote:

According to the constitution of this country, that is what one is entitled to...or have you selectively forgotten about the things for which you signed up to protect?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

According to the constitution of this country, that is what one is entitled to...or have you selectively forgotten about the things for which you signed up to protect?
Say what?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

usmarine2005 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Say what?
If I misinterpreted your response as sarcasm, then I apologize.  You said that maybe we would wait for the court to decide.
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6131|817---->907
I think I will make a sign to post in front of my house, "Come in at own risk, 10 gauge on duty."
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Say what?
If I misinterpreted your response as sarcasm, then I apologize.  You said that maybe we would wait for the court to decide.
What I am saying is they already think the guy is guilty for shooting them.  I say to them wait until the court decides.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker

usmarine2005 wrote:

Say what?
what

had to do that

but that quote from Ghandi was actually very clever
"An eye for an eye will only leave the whole world blind" thats wisdom right there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard