usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

usmarine2005 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Spark wrote:

Mmmkay.

So that justifies the use of excessive force.

Not in my book, no.
Never said it did.  But...if you DO NOT COMMIT CRIMES ORDINARY PEOPLE WILL NOT BE PUT IN EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE MISTAKES HAPPEN!!!!!!
cough
HELL FUCKING LO
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6298

Spark wrote:

Christ almighty.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 more felons thet will never harm another person again.
This is in response to an ATTEMPTED ROBBERY.

This is just one of a string of responses like this in recent weeks

What kind of fucking democracy are you guys trying to create? One where a basic robbery earns you a death warrant?

I gotta wonder sometimes.

Even shariah law isn't this harsh.
We'll, I am not trying to sound harsh but we live in world of violence and especially when you live around it everyday you do not give a damn anymore. There is violence everywhere.

That quote is just another for someone who live in Compton or Atlanta or Illinois or any part of the world with a bad city or country. People just stop giving a damn and do not care anymore because they get use to it.

You may or may not live in a bad neighbor hood or city but I damn sure do, And I do not care anymore if someone robs a store a gets a death sentence who or whatever it may be for because they chose to do it.

Last edited by Bull3t (2008-01-01 20:33:29)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

belldawg wrote:

Spark wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

I would actually kick the guy in the face, seeing as he's sitting to take a crap.  As most people will tell you in martial arts, after the initial kick, the other person will be sufficiently stunned to put into a hold or knock out with ease.

*Or I'd get my cricket bat and more or less do the same thing.
I'll join you with the cricket bat.
Can i join with the cricket bat idea, sounds better then a gun because you can practice your strokes at the same time.
Straight drive down the middle = win.

HELL FUCKING LO
You called?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Ya I called.  You retards are blaming the beer for the DUI.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5980|Perth, indian ocean

Spark wrote:

belldawg wrote:

Spark wrote:

I'll join you with the cricket bat.
Can i join with the cricket bat idea, sounds better then a gun because you can practice your strokes at the same time.
Straight drive down the middle = win.

HELL FUCKING LO
You called?
A pull shot about head height wouldn't bad a bad option either, although that will probably kill him.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

Gee it looks like you are not getting reponses you hoped for, huh Spark.
I don't bait.
you do bait, hence this thread in the first place.
ding ding ding
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6477|Somewhere else

To the OP, why shouldn't criminals be treated harshly?  Maybe that's too harsh, but not by far.

I seriously don't understand why you are so upset.

wrote:

basic robbery earns you a death warrant
basic robbery? Robbery is robbery.  Some people can be badly traumatized by a robbery, under certain circumstances, but it was just "basic" right?

While death is indeed a bit much, what's wrong with 40 years in jail? Or cutting off a hand?  THEY'RE criminals. Fuck 'em.  6 months, cut in half by good behavior is a fucking joke.  I think that response is just from people tired of a little slap on the wrist, and off they go to do it again, and get another slap on the wrist. Repeat.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

RoosterCantrell wrote:

To the OP, why shouldn't criminals be treated harshly?  Maybe that's too harsh, but not by far.

wrote:

basic robbery? Robbery is robbery.  Some people can be badly traumatized by a robbery, under certain circumstances, but it was just "basic" right?

While death is indeed a bit much, what's wrong with 40 years in jail? Or cutting off a hand?  THEY'RE criminals. Fuck 'em.  6 months, cut in half by good behavior is a fucking joke.  I think that response is just from people tired of a little slap on the wrist, and off they go to do it again, and get another slap on the wrist. Repeat.
Maybe that would pass in Saudi Arabia, but I would hope it didn't in the US or Australia.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5980|Perth, indian ocean
If they did cut a hand, at least do it in surgery and let them choose which hand.
Cutting it off with an axe is a bit extreme.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643
At this point I feel no sympathy for criminals. If they get shot, I really don't care. In fact, when they get shot, it makes me smile.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6477|Somewhere else

Spark wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

wrote:

Maybe that would pass in Saudi Arabia, but I would hope it didn't in the US or Australia.
So, you think the system is adaquet?  Why do you think that strong punishment for committing a crime is so horrible? Scared of harsh punishment? Don't rob someone.  Simple.  Fear of punishment can be a good deterrent
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6516|Adelaide, South Australia

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Spark wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

So, you think the system is adaquet?  Why do you think that strong punishment for committing a crime is so horrible? Scared of harsh punishment? Don't rob someone.  Simple.  Fear of punishment can be a good deterrent
Perhaps he actually cares about other people's lives.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6298

Spark wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

You think over a robbery this is a big deal? People literally by themselves pay their own way out of prison and your ranting about some reply in a thread because these assholes have it so easy, Shit needs to be hard on the I do not even know if we should call prison a consequence anymore it's like a fucking prison but a part of paradise.

The criminal justice system is stretched all the time an robbery is nothing, I know people who have been busted for meth labs only served a few months in prison.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

At this point I feel no sympathy for criminals. If they get shot, I really don't care. In fact, when they get shot, it makes me smile.
LMAO
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6298

lowing wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

LMAO
So true.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Spark wrote:

Unlike the burglars he supports.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Unlike the burglars he supports.
When did he say he supported robbers?

You make it sound like every criminal threatens life.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6477|Somewhere else

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Spark wrote:

Why care about someone who damages other people's lives, who themself don't give a fuck about who they harm?

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I bet I can find alot of examples where someone who was robbed, ended up mentally damaged, and constantly afraid. That's ok though eh?

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-01-01 20:49:13)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

I have a loaded Mossberg 20 ga. by my bedroom door. If someone sneaks into my house at night, and I catch them taking my shit, I'm not going to wait and see if they have a gun or what their intentions are. I will shoot them. I will then shoot them again. I would not however go over and shoot someone robbing my neighbors house. That is his problem. The guy who did that was in the wrong. No one was at his neighbors house, no one was in potential danger. However if he just HAD to shoot the guys, shoot them in the legs at least. This guy was an imbecile. He will be punished for this most likely, depending on the jury.
Yer absolutely correct. I am catching 20 kinds of hell because I do not give a shit about the demise of the robbers. LOL
Thats where you are mistaken. Nobody wants crimes or to see people victimized. But you seem unable to tell the difference between that and someone saying they do not believe in subverting the law when life is not in danger.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6387

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Why care about someone who damages other people's lives, who themself don't give a fuck about who they harm?
By the sounds of it, the robbers knew the owner was out of the house.  Thus they either didn't want to hurt him, or they didn't want to commit murder as well.  As for stolen goods, well, I've had it done to me before, and insurance paid up.
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6567

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Well criminals sure have a funny way of showing they care about other peoples lives.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I bet I can find alot of examples where someone who was robbed, ended up mentally damaged, and constantly afraid. That's ok though eh?
Because not every criminal threatens life.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6298

some_random_panda wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

By the sounds of it, the robbers knew the owner was out of the house.  Thus they either didn't want to hurt him, or they didn't want to commit murder as well.  As for stolen goods, well, I've had it done to me before, and insurance paid up.
for the ones that do not have insurance to pay for it they are fucked, constantly paranoid and afraid it could happen again like Rooster said.

People get mentally damaged from shit like that.

And anyway, when a robber is threatened he will act as if he cares for nothing but his or her own life and I promise that they will do it to.

Last edited by Bull3t (2008-01-01 20:52:05)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6387

Let's look at this in a different way, Rooster Cantrell.  Jaywalkers threaten life by causing drivers to swerve if close, and perhaps crash and kill others or die themselves.  Do we shoot the jaywalker?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

I have a loaded Mossberg 20 ga. by my bedroom door. If someone sneaks into my house at night, and I catch them taking my shit, I'm not going to wait and see if they have a gun or what their intentions are. I will shoot them. I will then shoot them again. I would not however go over and shoot someone robbing my neighbors house. That is his problem. The guy who did that was in the wrong. No one was at his neighbors house, no one was in potential danger. However if he just HAD to shoot the guys, shoot them in the legs at least. This guy was an imbecile. He will be punished for this most likely, depending on the jury.
Yer absolutely correct. I am catching 20 kinds of hell because I do not give a shit about the demise of the robbers. LOL
Thats where you are mistaken. Nobody wants crimes or to see people victimized. But you seem unable to tell the difference between that and someone saying they do not believe in subverting the law when life is not in danger.
Oh I know the difference, I just do not care if the world is missing to frickin thugs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard