DO we need BF3?

Hell Yeah!!!73%73% - 185
nah...15%15% - 39
maybe... cant decide!10%10% - 27
Total: 251
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD
I said yes because I want more unlocks/upgrades.

DirectX10 compatibility would be great too for those that can support, not including myself of course although this will definitely help me with any new graphics.

Maybe even multi-core or HT support as well.
MrCookie
good times
+31|5999|In a wheelchair.
imho all map sizes should be playable in SP... som people like to train theyr skills on bots... but cant cuz the maps only available in MP!
know what i mean???

Last edited by MrCookie (2008-01-01 05:26:33)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

MrCookie wrote:

imho all map sizes should be playable in SP... som people like to train theyr skills on bots... but cant cuz the maps only available in MP!
know what i mean???
Can u plz stop speak 1337 cuz itz frickin annoin mkay? kthxbai
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6481|Trondheim, Norway
Nah... we don't need BF at all imo
MrCookie
good times

FloppY_ wrote:

MrCookie wrote:

know what i mean???
Can u plz stop speak 1337 cuz itz frickin annoin mkay? kthxbai
rolig nu mand......
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

Emil wrote:

Nah... we don't need BF at all imo
GTFO from BF forums them...fuckin' heretic.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6351|Iowa...
i'm all for BF3,but they have to do it right.i'm in no hurry to see it yet as i still play BF2 and have plenty of things to keep me busy.they need to take their time making it,no matter how long it takes.fix the bugs,fix the hit reg,fix the lag.hold an open beta before release.make sure everything works dammit!then,and only then,should they release it.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6631|Mexifornia, USA

Longbow wrote:

almost all BF2 mistakes were fixed in BF2142
Hahahahaha. Have you ever played the game?
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6351|Iowa...

Jibbles wrote:

Longbow wrote:

to be perfectly honest it was much more stable in its early stages than BF2 was,although the constant CTD's while walking into the enemy titan was the biggest pain in the ass i have ever experienced in a video game and led me to quit only 20 hours into it.

Last edited by aj0404 (2008-01-02 01:07:17)

bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5987|Aus, Qld
Well 90% destructable environments would be nice.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
69Crzy
+7|6115|Florida
Hell Yeah.......... Bring BF3 On.........
Raphi
Banned
+354|6260|Basel, Switzerland
Depends. If it's a newer bf2, yes.

If it's a cheap CoD4 copy, GTFO
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

Jibbles wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Of cource I did. Actually I'm playing playing mostly BF2142 for last 8 months and it rocks. No RPK noobs, no clay\nade spam, no insta pronners, almost no bunnyhoping, and somehow I manage to enter squads that work together.
Nakamp
+25|6196|Czech Republic

aj0404 wrote:

i'm all for BF3,but they have to do it right.i'm in no hurry to see it yet as i still play BF2 and have plenty of things to keep me busy.they need to take their time making it,no matter how long it takes.fix the bugs,fix the hit reg,fix the lag.hold an open beta before release.make sure everything works dammit!then,and only then,should they release it.
It should be new engine so I hope they will code everything from the begining and make it wih hitreg as good as in CS
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
We need BF3, I think, BUT not too soon!! They should release it at the end on 2008, or better postpone it until 2009!
That's what I think.
Oh, and BF3 with the Crytek engine That's what I want to see!
killawarra
+0|6623
As far as i know.. and my buddy knows this guy at DICE and he told my buddy its only coming out to consoles and not PC.
IrishWind
+4|6712
Eventhough I'm mixed about BF3, I had to vote 'no'.

BF2 is a fun game.  And I love the balance of combined arms.  But there is to many things wrong with the game to make me want to get BF3 right now.  I still think we're playing a beta.  I tried playing yesterday and had three CTDs in an hour.  Add in punkbuster issues, bad coding with hit regisrty, and bad patches.  Also, I wonder how BF2 will be a year after BF3 is out.  Will EA pull all support for BF2?  If so, will all I get to do is play on 16 player maps with bots?

Gald to see in the announcement:
-Mostly urban maps.  I was dissapointed that the only ture urban map post release was jalalabad.  The only map of the 9 'vanilla' maps that matched what most people played online.  I really wanted to see a PLA vs MEC and a PLA vs USMC urban map.
-Destroyable terrain should be interesting. 

Some things would convince me to get BF3:
-Not a BETA!  Release a finished game.  And make sure patches are good.  No more patch the patch.
-Bots for all maps.  Being in the military, I get deployed.  And when I'm downrange, I'm lucky when I have a 14.4k connection.  Being able to play against bots would be nice.  BF1942 had it.
-Better distance.   The M24 is rated for 800+ meter shots.  So how come I'm limited to 300 metes on open maps?  Longer distances is better than short range eye candy in the graphics department.

Some other nice things:
-Unlocks worth unlocking.  The unlock doesn't have to trump the primary weapon, but should offer something the other rifles don't.
-Awards that help in play.  So you're an expert Medic?  Do you shoot better or heal faster?  It doesn't have to be much (5% per level?), but if you're going to add in an MMO element to this, would be nice.
-AA: Aircraft are too powerful in this game, and ground base AA is a joke.  I've killed more attack choppers with machine guns than the igla/stingers and the linebacker/tungueska combined.
-Have the commander get points for things he does, not just the average of the team score.
-Don't have each side be a mirror image of the other.  I like that the SDV and M24 are different sniper rifles.  And most infanty weapons are not the same weapon with a different skin.  But the vehiclels are not.  With few exceptions, there realliy is no difference between the vehicles of the same class.
UNCAPS have more than one spawn point.  This will help relieve base rape.

Last edited by IrishWind (2008-01-02 07:03:25)

IrishWind
+4|6712
One more to convince:
-Get the TO&E and nomenclature right.  The USMC uses the M10 Bayonet, not the Army M9 bayonet.  They've been using the M40 sniper rifle for 40 years, not the M24.  The Remington pump shotgun is called the 870, not the 11-87.  The 11-87 is a semi auto shotgun, also made by Remington.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6346|New York
Yes it would be great to see another game added to the Battlefield series but what would be the plot?  The series has pretty much covered all major wars and even a futuristic, sci-fi one.  Even BF2 had a not so distant future story-line.  I don't see any new avenues that this franchise could explore, sadly I think BF2142 was the end of the line.
MrCookie
good times

Villain{NY} wrote:

Yes it would be great to see another game added to the Battlefield series but what would be the plot?  The series has pretty much covered all major wars and even a futuristic, sci-fi one.  Even BF2 had a not so distant future story-line.  I don't see any new avenues that this franchise could explore, sadly I think BF2142 was the end of the line.
it doesn't have to have a plot........... its just a game!
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6346|New York

MrCookie wrote:

Villain{NY} wrote:

it doesn't have to have a plot........... its just a game!
An interesting story line to grab the players attention is definately a plus.  Would you go see a movie that had a crappy or non-existent plot?  Probably not.  The same applies for video games, if something appears boring or has a flat story line there's no appeal to the user.  Your phrase "it's just a game" is a bit naive when company's are spending tremendous amounts of money on development of their games, often times casting big names celebrities to do voice overs and traveling to the places in their games for extreme accuracy.  Today's gamers expect so much more for their buck than they did with games bought only a few years ago, and with stiff competition and hundreds of titles to choose from you bet companies are going to go the extra mile to seperate their customers from their $50.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard