DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada
Just a warning for you guys:
Any signature you upload with a render from a game/music artist/etc, is apparently copyright infringement.
Even if it's taken from a site like planetrenders.net

I just had 30 signatures deleted from my gallery because of that.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

That's right. You need to wait for that kind of stuff to become public domain... basically you can do pics of Beethoven and it'll be ok
golgoj4
+51|6776|North Hollywood
duh?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718
thats pretty sad...  how are sigs with pictures affecting anyone...lol?
Love is the answer
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

This is DeviantArt we're talking about. A properly-categorized piece of fanart may be deleted for copyright infringement. Merely repost with a disclaimer.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

This is DeviantArt we're talking about. A properly-categorized piece of fanart may be deleted for copyright infringement. Merely repost with a disclaimer.
Fanart being copyright infringement seems kind of...over the top.

Does that mean I have to add a disclaimer for my 3D models, since they're guns in real life?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

DefCon-17 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Does that mean I have to add a disclaimer for my 3D models, since they're guns in real life?
No. You made the models by yourself, entirely from scratch. The sigs, however, were using other peoples copyrighted work (photographs, images, etc). Make a sig entirely from scratch or use your own photos and images and they'll be fine.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

OmniDeath wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No. You made the models by yourself, entirely from scratch. The sigs, however, were using other peoples copyrighted work (photographs, images, etc). Make a sig entirely from scratch or use your own photos and images and they'll be fine.
I guess..
..but then fanart shouldn't be copyright infringement either.

..Well..
..Most fanart on DevArt is that "yaoi" garbage, so I wouldn't really mind lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard