idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6732|Debris From Space
I don't mind losing them, i picked the wrong ones anyway. I picked SCAR-L and the M95, both suck beyond belief.
DSRTurtle
+56|6691
Makes no difference to me.  If I lose them, then as soon as I get them back I'm taking the 2 I did choose for the reasons I should have chosen them before.
Havazn
+39|6699|van.ca
Ok, I think what this means is that if you choose a current unlock with your 'freebie' (so to speak), you use it up and have to wait till your next rank up to choose from one of the 'new' unlocks, Sniper/AT. Please correct me if my logic is wavering.
D-Klaus
+1|6694

idiotofwar wrote:

I don't mind losing them, i picked the wrong ones anyway. I picked SCAR-L and the M95, both suck beyond belief.
I love the SCAR-L.  It's the most accurate carbine in the game in my opinion.  Just not much power.  I agree with you on the M95 though.

I used up my two "unexpected unlocks" already, but even since then, I've jumped in rank and plan on saving those two unlocks for the patch just in case.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6798|Jupiter
Well i have all the unlocks and i got tired of the unlock thing poping up all the time so i just picked the guns even though there was nothing to pick, so hopefully i get something...
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6688|Stillwater, Ok
hey i like the sound of that. i was wondering why i got 2 unlock at 26k points. Oh well im not too terribly far from seargent major so ill have all unlock if i get there anyway.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6846|Cologne, Germany

well, I  also received two new unlocks, but I still had the MP-7 and F2000 "open", so I didn't have to choose one of the "blank" unlocks. I did chose the MP-7 though, and kept one unlock for later ( the new sniper weapon doesn't interest me, so I need only one free unlock if I want to get the P90 anyway ).

I also agree that EA would have told us in their little notifier if we must not choose one of the unlocks we received last week. But they didn't so you most likely will get the 2 unlocks back when installing the patch.
Crypto_420
+25|6849|Portland

Skruples wrote:

I hope not. Or EA Games is getting a brick through their window.
Make that 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt stand the drum roll any longer so i unlocked both blank weapons!
[FMF]Jimbob
+0|6814

Torin wrote:

What this guy is trying to say, is EA is trying to make it so once the 1.2 patch comes out, any unlocks you chose from those 2 free unlocks a week ago will be removed, and you will be given back those 2 free unlocks. This way, you will have the opportunity to unlock the P90, L96A1 or both if you choose. They are doing this because a lot of people weren't aware they got 2 new unlocks because of the 2 new weapons coming out, and they didn't want them to miss out on the new content if they wanted it.

You will still have 2 more unlocks, you just get to re-choose what they will be once the patch comes out.
Thanks Torin that makes a lot of sense. Is this your 'best guess' or have you got a definitive source?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6798

ryan_14 wrote:

Fuzzball_The_Shooter says that you will lose your unlocks if you choose them before the patch comes out. I don't know if this is completely true or not, but I want everyone to know this.
Ryan, you're full of shit and everyone knows it already.  Just shut up.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6774|Human Meat Shield
Your retarded.

We have a small heads up announcement regarding the next couple of weeks in BF2. Things are rolling along for the patch and the booster pack, and as expected you'll likely see them later this month. The patch will come first, and be well in place in time for the first Booster. That said, we want to inform you of a small oddity you may see in-game while we get the various aspects coordinated.

Short explanation: At some point in the next couple of weeks, you will see an empty in-game window pop-up, just like you received an award. This is just GameSpy detecting now that when the patch comes out you will get another weapon unlock. You should only ever see it once or twice, depending on how high your rank and how many unlocks you’ll have coming. Once the patch is out, your weapon unlock will be available in the BFHQ tab and you can make your choice.

Long Explanation: The next patch is going to give many players another weapon unlock at their current rank. In order to get the best testing results we are having GameSpy configure up the weapon unlocks now on their end. This allows us to test them in a true environment, which is rather effective. The side effect of this is that when this is first in place you are likely to see an empty placeholder message. It will look just like you received an award and will appear once for each unlock you’ve earned. This message would be telling you that you have received another weapon unlock, but we haven't patched the weapons in yet. So you will see this placeholder message which is harmless. When the patch is in place though, the stats system will think you already got your notification in- game. So you will want to hit the BFHQ tab and unlock your free weapon.

Thank you everyone for your attention, and we hope you all enjoy the upcoming new content! Game on.

- Shawn
Producer, Battlefield Live
EA Online
Aquafina
+0|6658
Get Fraps, and take a screenshot of your unlocks.
Torin
+52|6697

[FMF]Jimbob wrote:

Torin wrote:

What this guy is trying to say, is EA is trying to make it so once the 1.2 patch comes out, any unlocks you chose from those 2 free unlocks a week ago will be removed, and you will be given back those 2 free unlocks. This way, you will have the opportunity to unlock the P90, L96A1 or both if you choose. They are doing this because a lot of people weren't aware they got 2 new unlocks because of the 2 new weapons coming out, and they didn't want them to miss out on the new content if they wanted it.

You will still have 2 more unlocks, you just get to re-choose what they will be once the patch comes out.
Thanks Torin that makes a lot of sense. Is this your 'best guess' or have you got a definitive source?
I read the same official post the OP generated this thread from, except I didn't interpret it incorrectly. It was on EA's site somewhere, but I don't have a link offhand. It also specifically stating that they are *trying* to find a way to make this happen, since there was no real notification that the unlocks were coming and what they were there for, and that you should save them if you want access to the new content. (P90 & L96A1)
[FMF]Jimbob
+0|6814

Torin wrote:

I read the same official post the OP generated this thread from, except I didn't interpret it incorrectly. It was on EA's site somewhere, but I don't have a link offhand. It also specifically stating that they are *trying* to find a way to make this happen, since there was no real notification that the unlocks were coming and what they were there for, and that you should save them if you want access to the new content. (P90 & L96A1)
Thanks.

imdead – "You are" or "You're", not "Your"

I was just concerned that if I didn't use them up I'd lose them entirely but I guess I'm just a glass half empty kind of guy...
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6783|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Good job Torin and imdead pointing out the truth.

The uninformed seem to be great at spouting out 'fact' at us. Hopefully this thread will clear up the topic (for a few days at least...).
cocoasdad
+0|6748

Havazn wrote:

Ok, I think what this means is that if you choose a current unlock with your 'freebie' (so to speak), you use it up and have to wait till your next rank up to choose from one of the 'new' unlocks, Sniper/AT. Please correct me if my logic is wavering.
You are correct.

If you unlocked already to upgrade the current weapons you will have to wait for the "rank up" to get the weapons that come with the patch.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

so this means that u will lose my 2 unlocks and also when the patch comes out not be able to unlock anything? bullshit man. thats fuking crap. if that does happen EA will get more than a brick through their window.
Torin
+52|6697
Read the rest of the posts people. You are not going to lose unlocks. You are not going to be prevented from unlocking anything when the patch comes out. You are not stuck with any unlocks you choose from the 2 "free" unlocks a week ago. You will not have to wait till your next rank if you already chose unlocks.

No matter what you did with the 2 "free" SF unlocks a week ago, whether you picked "blank" unlocks, or you picked actual weapons, when the patch comes out you will have those unlocks taken away and 2 unlocks made available to you. If you didn't pick anything, you will still have 2 unlocks available. When the patch comes out, you will have the option of picking the P90, L96A1, both, or other weapons of your choosing.

Consider the 2 "free" unlocks a trial run for when the 1.2 patch comes out.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6774|Human Meat Shield

[FMF]Jimbob wrote:

Torin wrote:

Thanks.

imdead – "You are" or "You're", not "Your"

I was just concerned that if I didn't use them up I'd lose them entirely but I guess I'm just a glass half empty kind of guy...
that's nice, you corrected me. as I was working graveyard, I get a little tired sometimes. Feel free to capitalize my beginning sentences also.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6721
I haven't used my 2 unlocks yet... I believe the original poster may be correct... I am waiting till the patch
come out anyway... to use the 2 unlocks... all i ahve left is 3 of the crappy guns anyway... lol...

CB
Love is the answer
T0xIct0m
+0|6656

Skruples wrote:

I hope not. Or EA Games is getting a brick through their window.
LOL @ Brick Burn them Out!!!!!
Buzerk1
+44|6842

Torin wrote:

Read the rest of the posts people. You are not going to lose unlocks. You are not going to be prevented from unlocking anything when the patch comes out. You are not stuck with any unlocks you choose from the 2 "free" unlocks a week ago. You will not have to wait till your next rank if you already chose unlocks.

No matter what you did with the 2 "free" SF unlocks a week ago, whether you picked "blank" unlocks, or you picked actual weapons, when the patch comes out you will have those unlocks taken away and 2 unlocks made available to you. If you didn't pick anything, you will still have 2 unlocks available. When the patch comes out, you will have the option of picking the P90, L96A1, both, or other weapons of your choosing.

Consider the 2 "free" unlocks a trial run for when the 1.2 patch comes out.
ryan_14.... posting something you over heard, woth no proof what so ever

Torin... what you are saying is clear and based on official information from EA

Yeah...I'll take EA information before any rumor.
sinir
damned
+2|6824|Boston
There is no way that people would 'lose' unlocks.  At worst people who are eligible for them would have to pick them again.  I rememeber last summer someone hacked tens of thousands of accounts and gave them all unlocks, if EA could work through that they can work through this.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6799|South Cybertown, Texas
Makes no diff to me! I have had a chance to try them all and in my opinion, they are all over rated!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6852|North Texas
There isn't a single post in this thread that links EA saying you'll lose any unlocks. This is crazy!

I've seen several accounts that have the new P90 or L96A2 unlocked. When they install the patch, they'll be able to use those weapons. EA isn't going to go through all those accounts to take away anything. The same goes for those who chose any of the current unlocks.

Ryan was quoting someone(without a link) who "heard" you'll lose the unlocks. I should have locked this when he created it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard