charlie04
+2|6182
Hi I have Windows Vista installed on a New laptop... I have installed BF2 however cannot play it .. I have run the diagnostic tool and its saying unknown operating system ??
I have googled and found that ' vista wont run BF" ' ....!!
Is this correct... my son and I were looking forward to playing co-op... online together... :-)
Regrds
Charlie
illuminati34
+5|6660|michigan usa
all you should have to do is to right click on your shortcut than select run as administrator.  worked for me.
illuminati34
+5|6660|michigan usa
and also right click on shortcut again., than go to properties select compatibility and check the box la bled run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp (service pack 2)
JG1567JG
+110|6597|United States of America
You can run BF2 in Vista.  You have to run it as an administrator and run it in windows XP compatibility mode.

Try right clicking on the BF2 shorcut and click on the compatibility button at the top of the window.  Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop down menu.  Also at the bottom of the window make sure the box is checked next to "Run this program as an administrator".  You may also want to check the box next to "Disable desktop composition".  This might take a little load off the computer while playing BF2. 

I hope this helps and you are able to play.

Edit ----->  Guess I was a little late but thats what you get when you explain things in detail

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-12-27 08:52:01)

charlie04
+2|6182
Fantastic.. thanks to alll...wicked
=BullET=EGO
Yup...Back to the Jungle, where I feel safe...
+1|5975|Provi!!!

yea i kinda had the same problem...
charlie04
+2|6182

=BullET=EGO wrote:

Hi did the above fix it for you too ??
=BullET=EGO
Yup...Back to the Jungle, where I feel safe...
+1|5975|Provi!!!

charlie04 wrote:

=BullET=EGO wrote:

Hi did the above fix it for you too ??
yes, it really did

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard