Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6489|Tyne & Wear, England
I think I'm going to go and buy a new TV tomorrow and currently the Samsung LE40N87BD is my favoured choice.

I've done a little research but am not hugely knowledgeable about HDTV's so thought I would ask your opinion on the aforementioned TV, and what to look out for when buying an HDTV.

Also what TV's do you guys have and what do you think of em'?

Edit: Full specs here.

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2007-12-26 16:40:53)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
FunKYPenGuin
FunKY Member
+19|6010|Sydney

KILLSWITCH wrote:

I think I'm going to go and buy a new TV tomorrow and currently the Samsung LE40N87BD is my favoured choice.

I've done a little research but am not hugely knowledgeable about HDTV's so thought I would ask your opinion on the aforementioned TV, and what to look out for when buying an HDTV.

Also what TV's do you guys have and what do you think of em'?

Edit: Full specs here.
Well.... Yours looks good, I have an ViewSonic widescreen and it is bloody fantastic...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6656|Washington, DC

I've got some Samsung DLP TV. It's nice, but of course there are better.

I wouldn't bother with 1080p on a screen that's under 50"... you probably wouldn't notice the difference between it and 720p. Samsung, Sony, Sharp, LG, and Toshiba are arguably the best brands. Vizio is a good budget brand.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6610|England

Hurricane wrote:

I wouldn't bother with 1080p on a screen that's under 50"... you probably wouldn't notice the difference between it and 720p. Samsung, Sony, Sharp, LG, and Toshiba are arguably the best brands. Vizio is a good budget brand.
Pioneer are the best.

BTW, gona get a new 50" - at that size is 1080 not worth it?
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6534
pioneer easily.  dad just got a pioneer elite 60".  it fuckin owns.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6656|Washington, DC

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Pioneer are the best.

BTW, gona get a new 50" - at that size is 1080 not worth it?
50" is fine for 1080p lucky bastard
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6474

Budged?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6489|Tyne & Wear, England

r'Eeee wrote:

Budged?
Up to and around £800 (1600 USD)
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6693

Hurricane wrote:

Not so.  47" 1080p as a computer monitor is so nice.  720p just won't cut it when used as a computer monitor.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6474

Alright well, I only know about Samsung & Sony TVs. With this budged. You can go with the Samsung M87/M86- basically and upgraded version of the N87. Better contrast ratio and other stuff. If you can go above the £800, then you can think about the Sony KDL-40V3000, it supports 24p, if you are planning on watching Blu Ray movies.

If you are planning on buying the TV from Dixons, then use Jan20 code so you can get a £20 off.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-12-26 17:44:18)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6601|London
Go for the sony D3000 series or even the panasonic lx7 series imo. The picture quality on that samsung is just not that great and motion blurring is a bitch, especially noticeable as its 40".
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6735|England. Stoke
Sure I saw an advert earlier for Tesco which had a 40" 1080p Sony Bravia for £599, that is a pretty good deal, but I cant seem to find on their website, but it worth checking it out in store or something.  We just got (on Christmas Eve) a 32" Bravia for £450 and it is brilliant
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6414|New York
Don't need 1080p on a set of that size, you probably won't be able to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Also, it has tons of inputs, which is essential. Especially the HDMI in. I prefer that interface over all the others, because it has all the data in one nice cable.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6627|132 and Bush

Samsung makes a good LCD. And you will notice the difference between 720P and 1080P. You won't get a true 1080p from a broadcast signal for a very long time though.. the bandwidth is more than any carrier can bear.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6414|New York

Kmarion wrote:

Samsung makes a good LCD. And you will notice the difference between 720P and 1080P. You won't get a true 1080p from a broadcast signal for a very long time though.. the bandwidth is more than any carrier can bear.
Even on a set size of about 30" you'll notice the difference? I was under the impression that you are hard pressed to see the difference between 720p and 1080p on a set that small. Then again, I never saw it for myself. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard