kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
Well, I'm already a Corporal and I've played for an hour. (you rank faster than 2142!)

Very fun game, love the maps, love the custom classes, love the ranking system...hate the sheer amount of grenades. It's worse than Battlefield 2! Are there any modes that usually have a lot less grenade spammers etc? Played quite a few so far...I love the Headquarters style.

Last edited by kylef (2007-12-25 07:19:33)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6801|Perth, Western Australia

kylef wrote:

Well, I'm already a Corporal and I've played for an hour. (you rank faster than 2142!)

Very fun game, love the maps, love the custom classes, love the ranking system...hate the sheer amount of grenades. It's worse than Battlefield 2! Are there any modes that usually have a lot less grenade spammers etc? Played quite a few so far...I love the Headquarters style.
For less nades try maybe... well S & D seems to have less nade spamming.

Also its a game that gets old very fast. I've had it for a few weeks (of interupted play - went on holidays, xmas stuff, etc etc - life in general) and I'm beginning to tire of it.

That said I just unlocked the Barret, and Barret + Stopping power = 100% DEATH (and of course 100% noobery... not that I care)
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6547|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Headquarters is the win, I always play it
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
Well, I'm pretty much a Sergeant now...very fun game!
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6364|Belfast
i asked for it
but i didnt get it
no GFX card either :'(
*tear*

Last edited by henno13 (2007-12-25 13:13:42)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6302|eng
In 1d 20h, i have ~63000 points.

#rekt
zeidmaan
+234|6431|Vienna

I pretty much agree with you. For a game with smallest maps ever it sure has a lot of explosives. Granades, GLs, Claymores, C4, RPGs, Exploding cars, not to mention air support. Shooting bullets is pretty much secondary.
By the time everyone fires off their 2 or 4 GLs or throwes their 3 granades and drops their airstikes, about 2/3 of people are dead. Onl the few that remain fight it off properly. Im talking about S&D of course and it gets ridiculous with more that 5vs5. Thats a real shame since its the only serious gametype for COD4.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
S&D and Headquarters are my favourite maps. Was playing a quick TDM after about 4 hours of play:

https://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t143/leetkyle/190cod4lol.png
docnutz
+39|6775|B O S T ON area
Got it for X-mas played it for a couple of hours!  I don't find the grenades annoying yet since thge servers i'm in allow u like one or two nades.  What is the best way to learn the maps cause i keep getting owned.  Yea BF2 wins as far as realism but CoD4 seems more like an arcade, very fun in its own way.  Small maps    But yea promotions are cool and the music it plays

Last edited by docnutz (2007-12-26 07:54:17)

firebolt5
+114|6171
BF2 is realistic?!  Oh my...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6671

HQ and S&D are my favorites. I agree completely about the nades. Noobtubing is done even by level 55's, grenade spam is everywhere, and martyrdom doesn't help at all.

If you want less nades, try playing a mid or small S&D. Last night I was playing a 4v4 S&D on Wet Works and it was very intense.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
Today I've ranked up...7 times. Up to Gunnery Sergeant 2 and I may very well be a Master Sergeant by the end of tonight. Hardcore mode is just absolutely awesome, it's all I play now! Stats aren't as big as I thought they would be as there are *so* many challenges, I just use whichever gun I feel like and don't feel strained at all. Love the message and sound when the awards / promotions etc come up though!
icecold2510
+31|6310
I'm a Gunnery Sergeant II also, started playing online last night. I just like playing TDM and Ground Wars.

I hate the party system/joining games system for the PS3.  It pisses me off.

Last edited by icecold2510 (2007-12-26 14:53:30)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6757|United States
I have played this game for a total of four hours and seven minutes, and I'm at level 18.  You do rank faster.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard